What's your dream TC?

I never really understood The Frozen Heart, but then again, I was tiny when I played it. All I remember is the Wanderer, the Goose (is that the name?), Earth, and those battle platforms that killed my pilot 😞 I bought one and lost all my money 😛 I was kind of stuck there, I couldn't fly and I couldn't buy a new ship. I remember some 3d animations, oh yeah, I also remember the awesome rotation on the ships!

I'm gonna play it now.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Dec 8 2007, 02:38 PM, said in What's your dream TC?:

I'm right behind you. AG will be released on New Year's Eve, with or without beta testing. I'm seriously fed up with the lack of commitment from my last bunch. I just want to kick this thing out the door!

Well, if you that then you'll likely be ahead of me. Colosseum beta is complete, just waiting on graphics.

Though if you want I could do a bit of testing over the Christmas break. While I prefer to wait for final release, I'd rather help ensure there aren't a bunch of bugs in said release.

I know I'm working on the Stargate TC but I wouldn't mind a bab5 TC similar in scale to the show, I heard about the EV/EVO version I have never played it though, I think bab5 would be fairly easy to acomplish the story just needs to do credit to the show. Maybe when we finish the Stargate TC, Lost Minds Inc might start workin on the Bab5 version.

This post has been edited by Lostpinky : 10 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

There's a BSG TC for Freespace 2 available.

Google for "Beyond the red line"

I am one of the many people who voted for Star Wars IV, V, VI.

Just so that all you developers know, I would be first to vulunteer my services if such a project were to be taken on in the future.

Who knows, with a couple of TCs due to be released soon, we just might have some capable people with time on their hands...

My dream TC is anything that a) Is fun, b) Isn't very short (aka beat it in an hour or so with moderate skill), and c) Is actually finished.

This post has been edited by S.S. Valor : 10 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

Actually, I don't think I would enjoy any TC based on a TV or film series. A TC needs to take you into new space. Although they weren't TCs, Angels of Vengeance, Clavius and Beyond, Eye of Orion and Battle Velocity, back in the golden age of EV plugins, were all superb. There was no way of knowing — until you got there — what the outcome was going to be. Games based on films, like films based on games, don't really work very well, at least, not as far as I'm concerned.

Martin Turner: Did you like the Empire series? I never tried Battle Velocity, Angels of Vengeance, nor Eye of Orion. I probably will though. I just love Empire 2: Dark Horizons.

Firefly Part 1 is reasonably close to ready.

By which I mean, the writing is mostly complete. From this point on it's primarily a matter of tweaking various things and filling in a gap or two.

I'm curious what the reaction will be when it's out.....some parts I know folks will enjoy, but there are a few decisions we made which may not go over so well. For instance, not giving the player Serenity. (It does take place before Mal bought the boat.) Be interesting to find out, in any case. I'll be able to get back to work on it once my exams are done later this week.

This post has been edited by Lindley : 11 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

@martin-turner, on Dec 11 2007, 06:33 AM, said in What's your dream TC?:

Actually, I don't think I would enjoy any TC based on a TV or film series. A TC needs to take you into new space. Although they weren't TCs, Angels of Vengeance, Clavius and Beyond, Eye of Orion and Battle Velocity, back in the golden age of EV plugins, were all superb. There was no way of knowing — until you got there — what the outcome was going to be. Games based on films, like films based on games, don't really work very well, at least, not as far as I'm concerned.

Seconded.

Though there are a couple of notable exceptions, but those are extremely few and far between. (Goldeneye, for example, unlike every other James Bond game).

@lindley, on Dec 11 2007, 02:39 PM, said in What's your dream TC?:

Firefly Part 1 is reasonably close to ready.

Yay!

@lindley, on Dec 11 2007, 02:39 PM, said in What's your dream TC?:

I'm curious what the reaction will be when it's out.....some parts I know folks will enjoy, but there are a few decisions we made which may not go over so well. For instance, not giving the player Serenity. (It does take place before Mal bought the boat.)

I, for one, won't mind that at all. Matter of fact, I think it's a good approach.

Yeah I agree. Starting before the Firefly series occured gives more freedom and less storyline based. A few questions about the game (which I am VERY excited for no matter how it turns out)...

- Will you play as Mal and/or the rest of the crew, and will you see other Firefly characters?
- Since it's "part 1" will it eventually lead into the series or something?
- and can you make a topic for the Firefly game to keep us updated and such, at least make one when you put the game out (which I hope is soon!)

Thanks!

@ev-wolf, on Dec 12 2007, 06:06 PM, said in What's your dream TC?:

Yeah I agree. Starting before the Firefly series occured gives more freedom and less storyline based. A few questions about the game (which I am VERY excited for no matter how it turns out)...

- Will you play as Mal and/or the rest of the crew, and will you see other Firefly characters?

Of the main characters, only Mal and Zoe feature heavily in Part 1. The player is Mal. There's a very obscure reference to Jayne's exploits at the time, but it's rather subtle. We do include a number of people mentioned by name on the series, and one who appeared briefly. We're trying to build a storyline which fills the "Six Years Later" after Serenity Valley.

- Since it's "part 1" will it eventually lead into the series or something?

They aren't well-planned-out yet, but the notion is that the TC will eventually have three parts. Serenity will be purchased sometime in Part 2, probably, and the familiar characters will begin to be added to the mix at that time. We've got a bunch of original characters sharing the focus with Mal for Part 1 and the start of Part 2.

- and can you make a topic for the Firefly game to keep us updated and such, at least make one when you put the game out (which I hope is soon!)

Thanks!

I'd rather not. If I did I'd be tempted to make deadline promises, and that never ends well.

The central storyline of Firefly Part 1 is now first-draft complete. Everything's actually been edited at the local level, so further revisions will mainly be for the purpose of smoothing the story on a global level.

There are still a bunch more side stories that need to be written, but this is a pretty major hurtle.

There was one TC that was canceled long ago, but seemed pretty cool.
It was called stormy seas or something and it changed nova into the ocean back when most ships still ran on wind power.

what's my dream TC?

Lord Of The Rings :laugh:

A TC that gets finished by Christmas by the earliest.