What did you think of Nebula: D.O.A.?

Just what it says on the tin.

Poll: Rate my plugin (10 member(s) have cast votes)
Rate
Incredible!
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Great!
(4 votes [40.00%])
Percentage of vote: 40.00%
Spiffy
(3 votes [30.00%])
Percentage of vote: 30.00%
So-So
(2 votes [20.00%])
Percentage of vote: 20.00%
Bad
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Horrible
(1 votes [10.00%])
Percentage of vote: 10.00%

After you play through D.O.A., please take a few seconds to tell me what you did and did not like about it. Keep in mind that the first installment focuses more on the universe than the story, so don't be expecting anything like ARPIA. Anyway, how could I improve? I'm trying to go bigger and better with Operation High Tide, with at least 60 missions, so that's going to be the main story one. Coraxus has also donated his time and 3D skills to the cause, so we're expecting at least one new ship and weapon for the next version.

I voted Great, since I helped out a lot. I could only say Incredible if I never touched it before 🙂

Considering that I've only tested out the first bit for you, CN, my current rating is "Great!" I'll have to play the thing for reals before I make a firm vote.

And dang, where was Coraxus when Guy was making his EVO port? 'T'would have really been sweet to see his handiwork in there.

This plug in is top notch stuff but a teensy bit short so it only gets a Great!â„¢(I'm speaking based on the latest beta I've got so don't get too angry if the full version adds loads of missions).

I'll say Spiffy, as it was:
a) Short.
c (bloody autosmilies)) For some reason, once I became a Private 1st class, the bit that marks that you're in a major storyline was removed, so I kept getting offers of joining the Federation (in outfitters) and the Special Forces (when on Earth and in the Bar). Since I already had joined the SF...

This post has been edited by LordInsane : 01 November 2007 - 10:46 AM

Hmmm... What platform are you on? This was a bug that was fixed early on in testing, and a look-over of the data files seems to make this impossible. I even ran this through myself and failed to find anything. Did you start a new pilot before playing?

@cosmic_nusiance, on Nov 1 2007, 04:55 PM, said in What did you think of Nebula: D.O.A.?:

Hmmm... What platform are you on? This was a bug that was fixed early on in testing, and a look-over of the data files seems to make this impossible. I even ran this through myself and failed to find anything. Did you start a new pilot before playing?

Windows, and yes, I did start a new pilot.

I downloaded it and have yet to try it. I'll be sure to give it a try ASAP, though. Good job, nebula people!

Now I need to release something!

I was kind of disappointed with myself when I looked back on Nebula: D.O.A., but I made that in three months and I promise to spend at least 6 on Operation High Tide, and then appoint at least two months to beta testing. Anyway, please don't judge too harshly on D.O.A. for it's brevity. I'm saving the good story for High Tide, which I have already created 7 resources for.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 01 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

I finally got a chance to try it out, and it looks generally good so far. A couple of times I got confused about what I was doing, but other than that it looks good. I'll try it some more in the future.