What is the state of OS X native resource/plugin editing?

Scuttlebutt is that Leopard won't support Classic

Since I'm too lazy to search and find out what's available myself, I thought I might as well ask some people who ought to know off the top of their heads. 😛

Is there a free ResEdit-like resource editor for OS X yet that can wrangle plugins (and more), or (to a lesser degree of interest) a stable, fully-featured plugin editor (DITLs and other app resources included)? Will I need to keep an installation of 10.4 on a partition if I want to keep access to EV:N editing?

Yours absently,
Weepul

Rezilla is a good resource editor for X, but I don't know about the plugins. I suggest keeping 10.4-- or better yet, 10.2-- somewhere you can run it easily for best luck with Classic applications.

Use MissionComputer, man. It works so well!

Yes, but NovaTools still pwns MissionComputer, no matter what you say.

@soitbegins, on Oct 19 2007, 06:21 PM, said in What is the state of OS X native resource/plugin editing?:

Yes, but NovaTools still pwns MissionComputer, no matter what you say.

Yes, well I haven't used it. Google should make a plugin developer. I love Sketchup, the rest of their stuff is good too, why not this?

Plugins for ResEdit?! ResEdit is only still around because it's the best anyway! No one's making plugs for it!

People make plugs for ResEdit. Haven't you ever used NovaTools?