star wars: nova

what ever happened to that?

what ever happened to SW:N? i used to be able to find it, but i stopped looking for like a year and now i can't find a sign of it. pardon my laziness if it can be found somewhere around here real easily, just please point me in the right direction. --thanks.
(was it ever finished?)
(if so, where is it at?)

If you're referring to this, it's been cancelled. Been so for about two years now. If you're referring to something else, well, it's a good bet it's been cancelled to, as most plugs are.

Unfortunately, SWN went vaporware. It's been that way for at least a year or so, IIRC.

nuts. that's a bummer. thanks for the help.

Are there any vestiges of the plug development still floating about the web?

I remember a web site, which I believe disappeared a few years ago, and a web forum--was that on ev-nova.net before the forums were redone?

I was truly excited about that plug...

@macmaxbh, on Jun 19 2007, 09:02 AM, said in star wars: nova:

I remember a web site, which I believe disappeared a few years ago, and a web forum--was that on ev-nova.net before the forums were redone?

I'm pretty sure the forum was separate from other EVN sites - EV-Nova.net only ever had forums for Polycon and SFA.

@nil-kimas, on Jun 21 2007, 06:41 PM, said in star wars: nova:

I'm pretty sure the forum was separate from other EVN sites - EV-Nova.net only ever had forums for Polycon and SFA.

Found it. It was part of the Mac Underground hosted forum on EVula's Lair forums (forums.evula.com), which are now defunct.

This are the now defunct websites:
http://chewie_the_wo...man.tripod.com/
http://homepage.mac....hotoAlbum1.html

It's a darn shame too 😕 I bet it woulda been fun.

Just looking at this thread makes me want to make the Death star for nova though... 😞 )

Thank goodness for web.archive.org. The Lair forums shutting down was probably the final nail in the coffin, looking back at it. Benden is still around...for a long time I kept bugging him to release what we'd done, before something happens and we lose all the work forever. I don't know if any of it is still around or not. Well, other than a couple interface graphics I still keep in my portfolio. A while back I tried to find all the ship dëscs I did, but I couldn't find them, so apparently all 100+ of those are lost.

Admiral Benden was always the leader. If you want more details you'll have to track him down.

Hey, I found the ship dëscs I wrote on an external hard drive I happened to plug in. If anyone starts up a serious Star Wars TC and wants them, PM me or something.

@captain-bob, on Aug 4 2007, 04:11 AM, said in star wars: nova:

Hey, I found the ship dëscs I wrote on an external hard drive I happened to plug in. If anyone starts up a serious Star Wars TC and wants them, PM me or something.

A year ago that would have been me, but these days... sorry.

Oh and @Snaily: I made a thread about how that might be possible, I'll dig around sometime.

there is a kind of star wars plug called smugglers aliance made by Eternal Light Studios but they have told me that they dont support the SAE anymore. you would know what the smugglers alliance is if you have read the jedi acadamy trilogy.

Smuggler's alliance is pretty cool. I've downloaded it a few times.

If anybody does plan on making a star wars TC, I still have the PSD files of some of the planets I did for SW:N.

I wouldn't be against creating more, if there ever is a project of this nature again.

Heres a sample:Attached File ord_mantell.jpg (89.39K)
Number of downloads: 35

@tmbassassin, on Jun 1 2007, 03:43 PM, said in star wars: nova:

what ever happened to SW:N? i used to be able to find it, but i stopped looking for like a year and now i can't find a sign of it. pardon my laziness if it can be found somewhere around here real easily, just please point me in the right direction. --thanks.
(was it ever finished?)
(if so, where is it at?)

Never finished. Never will finish. Beyond all the snags we hit when we were actually working on it (like EVula's forums going down, and Denb disappearing), I certainly wouldn't be working on it now myself, nor would anyone else of the original dev team I'd wager. I'm not even sure what I did with all the files. I think I managed to hand them off to some dude who wanted to continue the project, but I can't find any of them on my hard drive.

@nil-kimas, on Jun 1 2007, 05:35 PM, said in star wars: nova:

Unfortunately, SWN went vaporware. It's been that way for at least a year or so, IIRC.

I think the project has been "officially" dead for like a year (probably longer), but it was really dead long before that.

@captain-bob, on Jul 14 2007, 06:58 AM, said in star wars: nova:

Admiral Benden was always the leader. If you want more details you'll have to track him down.

Track me down? What is this madness? It's impossible to track me down, I say. Namely because I haven't gone by "Admiral Benden" in like, 3 years? 4? Maybe even 5?

Well, I can still track you down, but I'll leave it to you how accessible you want to be.

What happened to the ftp server we were using? All the content should be there if it's anywhere, but I couldn't log in last time I tried. I still say, put it up somewhere accessible, anywhere, because we have half or more of a TC already made.

@captain-bob, on Sep 3 2007, 04:55 AM, said in star wars: nova:

Well, I can still track you down, but I'll leave it to you how accessible you want to be.

What happened to the ftp server we were using? All the content should be there if it's anywhere, but I couldn't log in last time I tried. I still say, put it up somewhere accessible, anywhere, because we have half or more of a TC already made.

Which one? We ended up having like three or four different FTP servers. I don't even remember them all. Only one I remember for certain was EVula's, cause I still use it, and the files definitely aren't on there.

Track me down? What is this madness? It's impossible to track me down, I say. Namely because I haven't gone by "Admiral Benden" in like, 3 years? 4? Maybe even 5?

This gave me a great chuckle. 😄
Seriously, though, I'm glad you posted. It's good to hear from the head of the project once again.

I agree with Captain Bob that re-collecting the material is a good idea, but then again all I have to do is stand on the sidelines and cheer. Hey, I'm quite willing to cheer. 🙂

@admiral-benden, on Sep 4 2007, 10:03 AM, said in star wars: nova:

Which one? We ended up having like three or four different FTP servers. I don't even remember them all. Only one I remember for certain was EVula's, cause I still use it, and the files definitely aren't on there.

The one I used, and have login information for, is SWNDev.spymac.net. As I recall we kept nearly everything there.

@captain-bob, on Sep 5 2007, 08:17 PM, said in star wars: nova:

The one I used, and have login information for, is SWNDev.spymac.net. As I recall we kept nearly everything there.

I remember that one, but I don't remember the login information.