Problems with government settings

Hi, I'm having problems getting one of my government to act as I want it too... Here are my requirements:
- outside of its territory, its düdes (all warships) should attack and plunder ships of its enemy governments, basically acting like pirates but only enemy govs. In particular, they shouldn't attack the player unless he has attacked them in the past.
- in its territory, I want it to attack everything that moves, including the player, unless the player has raised his rating with them (through some special missions or with the old tactic of destroying their ennemies).

So far, I can't get the warships to attack and plunder freighters outside; they only attack enemy warships, and never plunder them. Inside, I'm not sure at all on how to proceed. I guess any solution would probably involved splitting the government in two again, but even with that, there is still the problem of the failed plundering...

Any help welcome.

AI will only ever plunder traders (AI types 1 & 2). Obviously they'll also target warships before traders. Once the enemy warships are all gone do they start attacking the freighters?

@guy, on Oct 3 2006, 11:28 AM, said in Problems with government settings:

AI will only ever plunder traders (AI types 1 & 2).

Ok.

@guy, on Oct 3 2006, 11:28 AM, said in Problems with government settings:

Obviously they'll also target warships before traders. Once the enemy warships are all gone do they start attacking the freighters?

No - that would be perfect as behaviour. Unfortunately, they target the warships, destroy them, and then jump out of the system. If there are no warships when they arrive, they jump out straight away.