Mission dialogue

In the past if you aborted a mission that started another mission, the mission in the box would jump around but would not otherwise be affected. They would still have the correct title with placement in the list.

Now, in the latest build of Nova, I have noticed that the missions still jump arround but the mission name not longer points to the correct mission until you close and re-open the box.

Has anyone else noticed this? How do I fix it?

Have you verified that something actually has changed by checking on an older engine?

@guy, on Aug 29 2006, 01:50 AM, said in Mission dialogue:

Have you verified that something actually has changed by checking on an older engine?

Well in an older version I could abort more than one mission without having to close and re-open the mission box. Now, I have to do that or it's hard to tell which mission is which.

On a side note, how does Nova order the missions anyway? I abort one mission and the new one appears at the bottom. I abort another (functionaly similar) and the new one appears at the top. Then I can abort another (functional similar) and the new one appears in the middle. It's very strange.

Incidently, these missions are controls for a turret that switches between regular and PD modes. I have it possible to have up to four, so I have a mission set for each one. In retrospect, I could probably have done it with less, but that's how it is right now. At any rate, if you want to switch them all, you have to abort a mission, then close and re-open the box, abort another, close and re-open, etc. etc. It is kind of a pain. It wasn't neccessary to do this before.

@desprez, on Aug 29 2006, 11:02 AM, said in Mission dialogue:

Well in an older version I could abort more than one mission without having to close and re-open the mission box. Now, I have to do that or it's hard to tell which mission is which.

Have you tried running the 1.0.8 engine with these exact data files? It's possible that something you've changed in the files since you last tested on an older version has caused this problem, and it has nothing to do with an engine change.

@desprez, on Aug 29 2006, 11:02 AM, said in Mission dialogue:

On a side note, how does Nova order the missions anyway?

Can you see any correlation with RIDs?

Edwards

Actually, I've noticed this too. If you abort a mission, the selection in the list on the left does not correlate to the mission description.

@edwards, on Aug 30 2006, 01:01 AM, said in Mission dialogue:

Can you see any correlation with RIDs?

Perhaps, but it also has something to do with the order the get accepted, I think.
At any rate, the order completely changes when you abort something.