plugin problem

I'm pretty new to the plugin creation world. And i need some help from wiser plugin creators. i'm using evnew to create a plugin that has ten more ships from the first two games. and some weapons. my problem is
is that with a weapon resource for the missile from the classic escape velocity it asks me for a amunition id taken from the weapons index. and i don't know what number i should put in so that when i fire the missile the count of missiles in my stock goes down. as of today ive spent about 5 hours trying to figure it out an it is driving me MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any help would be greatly apprecated. {mind my spelling}

Create a weap resource the has the weapon type of "Guided Missle" and have the ammunition field in your launcher refer to it. Now have you read the Nova Bible at all or are you going for it by the seat of your pants?

Are you trying to create your own ammo for the weap? Or are you trying to use the ammo from another weap for yours? Theyre all set up the same way, so which way are you trying to do?

I'm taking the missile from escape velocity classic and in the weapon resorce it asks me for a amunition type between 0 and 255, I checked the ev bible but all it said was to put in a ammunition type between 0 and 255
i need to know what reasorce to get the ammuntion type.{i got all the other stuff working except getting the
ammo type wicth is causing my game to display 0 missiles and i cant fire them or whatever amout of missiles I bought but when i fire one it works fine... except my missile count won't go down.

Sorry for any confusion in my first message i was a bit fustrated. 😞

The number it is asking for is the Index of the weapon that you want this weapon to draw ammo from. In this case, you want the weapon to use its own ammo, so you would put in the Index of that weapon. A weapon's (or any other resource's) Index is defined as the Resource ID minus 128, so the Index of the Light Blaster (RID 128) is 0, the Radar Missile (RID 135) is 7, etc.

Edwards

@edwards, on Jul 31 2006, 11:34 PM, said in plugin problem:

The number it is asking for is the Index of the weapon that you want this weapon to draw ammo from. In this case, you want the weapon to use its own ammo, so you would put in the Index of that weapon. A weapon's (or any other resource's) Index is defined as the Resource ID minus 128, so the Index of the Light Blaster (RID 128) is 0, the Radar Missile (RID 135) is 7, etc.

Edwards

Thank's that woked perfecly oh wise one who is likly 10 times better at this than i am. 😄 🙂 😄 🙂 😄 🙂 🆒

Sorry about my spelling.