Odd...

Apparently, if one makes a mission that has a certain amount of cargo, but the cargo quantity is set to approximate, then "offered only if player has sufficient cargo space" fails to work. Anyone else run into this?

No, but I'm fixing all of mine so this is not an issue... Thanks for a 'heads up'.

well that sort of makes sense, look at it. When offered only when player has enough cargo space, and the cargo quantity is not designated, it makes sense Nova crashes. Although the mission has a certain amount of cargo, the aproximation of the cargo quatinty sort of counter acts that. Im making sense right? :blink:

@rmx256, on Jun 29 2006, 03:48 PM, said in Odd...:

No, but I'm fixing all of mine so this is not an issue... Thanks for a 'heads up'.

Well, it's the case on my computer anyway.

@chronodrago, on Jun 29 2006, 04:00 PM, said in Odd...:

well that sort of makes sense, look at it. When offered only when player has enough cargo space, and the cargo quantity is not designated, it makes sense Nova crashes. Although the mission has a certain amount of cargo, the aproximation of the cargo quatinty sort of counter acts that. Im making sense right? :blink:

Yes, makes sense. I was thinking along the same lines.

I can see it preventing you from getting the mission, but crashing? No.

Actually, if you have at least the minimum, it should theoretically allow you to get it anyway...but I doubt Nova does that.

@orcaloverbri9, on Jun 30 2006, 12:28 AM, said in Odd...:

I can see it preventing you from getting the mission, but crashing? No.

True, i sort of over exagerated. the only times it chrashes are when you asking nova to calculate an infinite number, or you have 2 resources that counteract eachother...thus creating a loop.

@orcaloverbri9, on Jun 30 2006, 12:28 AM, said in Odd...:

Actually, if you have at least the minimum, it should theoretically allow you to get it anyway...but I doubt Nova does that.

It should, but never trust a program to use ingenuity. 😛

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 30 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

It doesn't crash. What happens is that if it says "offered only if player has sufficient cargo space" and it is approximate, the mission is still offered, even if the cargo space ends up around 120 and your ship has a cargo hold of 8.

so much for "offered only if player has sufficient cargo space" eh? :laugh: