Primary Weaps

Animation

Aight, well im trying to make my regular primary weaps to use the ship's weapon rleD, but they only do when i am targeting something. Is there a way for me to make it show up whenever i use a primary weap as well as my secondary? Cuase it loks kinda weird with a railgun and no animation. :blink:

Belthazar will probably have a answer for you. He has helped me with a lot of my problems. I hope you get a answer 'cause I'm also working on a ship that will have a weapon graphic. Although my weapon will only be for beams(if thats possible to not have it do it for blaster shots).

(Edit): Or Ed he is purty fast at the responses aswell.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 04 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

@chronodrago, on Jun 4 2006, 04:03 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

Aight, well im trying to make my regular primary weaps to use the ship's weapon rleD, but they only do when i am targeting something.

Make absolutely certain that your weapon has the "Use Ship's Weapon Animation" flag set. It sounds like it doesn't, but another weapon on the ship (a turret) does.

Edwards

Whilst I cannot provide a definitive answer off the top of my head, I'd suggest you take a look at the Capacitor Pulse Laser from the EVN default scenario.

EDIT: Or you can listen to Edwards.

This post has been edited by Aelran : 04 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

@wonderboy, on Jun 4 2006, 04:12 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

I hope you get a answer 'cause I'm also working on a ship that will have a weapon graphic. Although my weapon will only be for beams(if thats possible to not have it do it for blaster shots).

Making the weapon graphic is simple, all i did was paint over the original mask for my ship and then saved it as another rleD and set it as my weapon graphic. 🆒

@edwards, on Jun 4 2006, 04:29 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

Make absolutely certain that your weapon has the "Use Ship's Weapon Animation" flag set. It sounds like it doesn't, but another weapon on the ship (a turret) does.

What do u mean a turret does? It automaticly uses the ships animation? Well that doesnt matter for me becuase im using the weapon graphic rleD not the ship animation....ship animation uses a whole nother set of frames, and i really dont know how to do that. I know how to make the ship use the frames for banking or as ship animation, but i dont know how to make em.

I, for one, don't understand what you're saying at the moment. Can you give an example in, say, Nova?

Clarification:
What I was saying is that:
Your weapon probably is not triggering the ship's weapon glow.
Another weapon on your ship is triggering the ship's weapon glow. Because the weapon glow is only triggered when you are targetting something, I suspect that it is a turret that is triggering the ship's weapon glow.

I called the weapon glow a "firing animation" because it is possible for it to be animated, and I have worked with that aspect of it recently. It had nothing to do with any weapon triggering any of the normal animations (such as "unfold to fire"). I am sorry for confusing you.

What you should do is open your weapon's resource up in EVNEW and make sure that the checkbox titled "Uses the ship's weapon sprite" (the third checkbox in the second column) is checked. This checkbox is what allows the weapon to trigger a ship's weapon glow.

Edwards

This gives me an idea for a weapon graphic. take your ship's graphic, add engine glow, and save it as an rle8/rleD. Use it as a weapon graphic with the same ship, My starbridge shoots starbridge bombs!

lol Liannasu..thats an awesome idea, but i wont take it. When u make the plugin email it to me or show some pictures, that would be awesome.

Here are some screenshots of my ship during various shots. Im going to have to do like 4 different posts.... <_< (attachment=1710:attachment) This one is during me just firing wihtout a targeting, but notice i have the capacitator pulse laser thing(whihc automatically uses the weapons rleD)

Heres the next one...
(attachment=1711:attachment)
This is without the pulse laser, so as u can see the primary weaps dont use the rleD.

And another...
(attachment=1712:attachment)
This is a screenshot of primary weaps with targeting....This is when the weapon rleD shows up.

These next two pictures show how i get all my money to get all my stuff, including the ship that cost 80 mil. And just another weap that loks awesome with my ship exit points.
(attachment=1713:attachment)
Imagine being in the enemy ship, while this is coming at u.
(its meant for asteroids though, and i dont know how to make a ship burst into flames. 😛 )

Haha. You stole.. err.. rather, borowed that ship from Polycon.

Heres my map, hopefully it shows up, i downsize it becuase it was to big. 😄
(attachment=1714:attachment)
Aparently u cant read it to well, but the map hasnt changed, just lok for any shades of green, mostly in the top right corner... 😄 I was hoping that i could rename the race since i dominated it.

@wonderboy, on Jun 4 2006, 05:14 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

Haha. You stole.. err.. rather, borowed that ship from Polycon.

Yes i took the graphic from polycon, but everyhting else about it is changed, including the specs and i created the weapon rleD 😉

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 04 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

Do you want all primary weapons to trigger the weapon rleD? You need to open every one and check that box that Edwards told you to check. It's triggering when you target something because medium blaster turrets already have the flag checked - you need to check it for your other weapons as well.

well that would mean having to go into nova and finding the weapon files, and i dont even know where to find em or what outfit and weap code they are, all those weapons are built into nova, i only know how to reach the weaps i have made.

Anyone can take any of my plug-in ideas, unless I say "do not use this idea" when i post the idea. If you want to release a plug-in for an idea I posted on the ambrosia webboard, PM me first.

@chronodrago, on Jun 5 2006, 12:34 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

well that would mean having to go into nova and finding the weapon files, and i dont even know where to find em or what outfit and weap code they are, all those weapons are built into nova, i only know how to reach the weaps i have made.

Sorry, what exactly are you wanting to achieve? You want to make all primary weapons use your ships' weapon sprite without, um, doing anything? I want to hand in an A+ assignment tomorrow but I don't want to actually write it. Maybe you could write it for me while I make the changes to your weaps? Or are you hoping everything will just happen all by itself if you only say the magic word?

This post has been edited by Guy : 04 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

Ok, the data file that has all of the weapons is called "Nova Data 4". It has every thing you (shuld) need.

@guy, on Jun 4 2006, 06:33 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

Sorry, what exactly are you wanting to achieve? You want to make all primary weapons use your ships' weapon sprite without, um, doing anything? I want to hand in an A+ assignment tomorrow but I don't want to actually write it. Maybe you could write it for me while I make the changes to your weaps? Or are you hoping everything will just happen all by itself if you only say the magic word?

What im saying is I dont know where or which are the Nova files with all the original IDs. And dude ive spent about 4 days on this plugin, but im going to have to take a break soon...heading to ITaly!

@wonderboy, on Jun 4 2006, 06:55 PM, said in Primary Weaps:

Ok, the data file that has all of the weapons is called "Nova Data 4". It has every thing you (shuld) need.

Thanks man

No nova data file lists all the ID# used. You have to go though them all manually, or find a guide on it. I don't think a uide exists for that, but it might.

I was reffering to "Every thing you shuld need for weapons and outfits in the stock scenerio."