Ideas? Skills? New TC Time!

lotsofblackflags, on Dec 1 2005, 12:58 PM, said:

If you were a new user, this thread would be full of posts telling you about how many hundreds of people have done this same thing, and about how it won't work out.

Good Luck :rolleyes:
View Post

I'm going to agree. Arada Pilot, you come back asking for people to give you ideas and to join a new team when you seem to have done none of the basic work of getting a TC started. You site your experience at TC making, you ability to organize a team, and that you are good at getting things started, and yet you have a TC that you abandoned because your half your team vanished. Those two things don't quite go together you know.

So why would somebody like me want to join a TC team that currently doesn't even have a main plot set up? If I had a good idea for a TC why would I join your team instead of creating a team myself? Seriously at first I did think this was a topic made by a new user, it has that same "Hey! Lets make a TC! It'll be easy!" feel to it.

If I were you I'd look into finishing your project that fell through, at least there you have a foundation set up, and something that people might want to help you with.

Ragashino: Good point. Hamster has restrained himself from starting any new projects until he finishes Noir. That doesn't mean he hasn't pestered me with all his ideas. :rolleyes:

That comment left me confused...

I'll write you a complete storyline if you like.

Ragashingo, on Dec 1 2005, 06:35 PM, said:

I'm going to agree. Arada Pilot, you come back asking for people to give you ideas and to join a new team when you seem to have done none of the basic work of getting a TC started. You site your experience at TC making, you ability to organize a team, and that you are good at getting things started, and yet you have a TC that you abandoned because your half your team vanished. Those two things don't quite go together you know.
View Post

Well, I'm perfectly willing to go back to that plug, as I said, but our writers are long gone, hence me posting this to see if there was interest. Note that I asked for new ideas OR people to work on the old one, as if I can't go back to that, I'd like to start up a new one. Plz read posts first, kthx.

And MT, you're one whose writing I definitely trust for quality...

Arada Pilot, on Dec 1 2005, 10:13 PM, said:

And MT, you're one whose writing I definitely trust for quality...
View Post

I've emailed you a 70 mission treatment and plot line. As I've sent it from the forum, I don't have a copy. If you don't want it, please send it back to me and I'll use it for something eles.

Regards

Martin

Martin Turner, on Dec 1 2005, 11:08 PM, said:

I've emailed you a 70 mission treatment and plot line. As I've sent it from the forum, I don't have a copy. If you don't want it, please send it back to me and I'll use it for something eles.
Regards
Martin
View Post

yknow, I'll never know if you actually did send me anything, email from forum wasn't working.

Arada Pilot, on Dec 1 2005, 11:42 PM, said:

yknow, I'll never know if you actually did send me anything, email from forum wasn't working.
View Post

That's a pity. It was the only copy.

Is there any way of retrieving it?

Martin Turner, on Dec 2 2005, 12:32 AM, said:

That's a pity. It was the only copy.

Is there any way of retrieving it?
View Post

no, unfortunately...but I thought you were kidding about sending the only copy of a written work to a webboard link?

Now sent via the message system - check your messages.

Regards

Martin

Woah, did that just happen?

no

Gah, stupid of me. I forgot to mention my other abilities. I forgot to say that I have tinkered with weapons and outfits (Salvo Weapon, Spinning Weapons, Dodge This! Hit This! Scatter Weapons, EVN Azdara) and could make some if given the graphics. I can also do ships (Leviathan Warship, EVN Board Variants, EVN Azdara) if provided with graphics there as well. That plus my writing abilities are still available (I can also give a link to some short stories I have written along with other samples I already mentioned).

I'm no Martin Turner or Pace_Hadora, but I won't settle for me to put out low quality work, will get whatever work assigned to me done, and won't quit the team unless something forces me too, such as all my computers suddenly blowing up.

Send me a pm if you are interested and I'll give you my email address, I don't feel comfortable simply posting it here. I get enough spam as is.

Well, as much as I'd like to play the one MT sent me, I had some inspiration today while thinking about that "sol is enough" idea (of course, this plug will have far more than sol, but I took some things). And I have a basic starting story that can lead into 5 completely different branches, will suit the players personality well, utilize some strange things in OMG NVOA, and be pretty damn unlike any other plug I've seen.

PM me for details if you're going to help, I won't post it here.

Have any of you thought of a "wormhole maze"? The idea would be that you get a whole bunch of wormholes and arrange their links to, well, make a sort of maze. You could make it optional for newbies. And you could probably have maybe a couple of sets of wormholes per system, and some "antigravity" spobs to keep the player from getting out of that particular area of the system. If you arranged them right (both spobs and wormholes), you could "slingshot" someone into a deadly spob. Notably I plan on making a TC, once I get the story down cold, and I'm sure I can beat the Alien Cruiser (EVC) without hacking the datafiles, and once I can get a graphics guy on my side. The idea so far is that the Aliens return while the Confeds are trying to beat up the Rebels, and nearly (continued in next post)

Hope my throat doesn't get slit if I forget about this...

ScratSkinner, on Dec 3 2005, 12:44 PM, said:

The idea so far is that the Aliens return while the Confeds are trying to beat up the Rebels, and nearly (continued in next post)

Hope my throat doesn't get slit if I forget about this...
View Post

Anyway..
..and nearly get rid of the Earth except that some kid with the ability to summon hammers at will manages to blow up one of their cruisers. This kid's life from just before that point to the Shattering(another idea) will hopefully end up a preamble of some sort. The Shattering is what happens when a bunch of scientists on Ruby try to "break out" of the universe they're in, and end up shooting to blazes the universe they're in and end up breaking it into several mini-verses, which is the basic point of my TC. I got the idea of "the Shattering" from looking up "gravastars" on Answers.com, and the kid with the hammer by clicking on a link for "list of fictional weapons" and then clicking on "hammerspace"(all at Answers.com{NO I AM NOT AN AD GUY:}).

JoshTigerheart, on Dec 2 2005, 09:10 PM, said:

I'm no Martin Turner or Pace_Hadora, but I won't settle for me to put out low quality work, will get whatever work assigned to me done, and won't quit the team unless something forces me too, such as all my computers suddenly blowing up.
View Post

From Pace:
"pace blushes Thanks Josh"

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 04 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

Awwwwwwww...

:swoon:

In case it hasn't been mentioned, #evdc is now the EV developer channel, since #evdev fell into misuse and has now been claimed by some guy called MrCynical who idles in there.