Intro Music and Relativity

rmx256, on Oct 5 2005, 12:43 PM, said:

ProTools still has a free download version 😉

And I do not have a mixing board- I had to sell that because I am also poor. And off topic...
View Post

ProTools Free is a magnificent program, and you don't need a mixing board. In fact, any mixing board under about $1000 would be reducing quality not enhancing it. The only problem is getting your signal hot enough for the Mac. A simple pre-amp would do the trick for guitar, or an FX Board. A keyboard should be fine without a pre-amp. I'm assuming you won't want microphones etc.

There are loads of free drum tracks available as midi-files or as loops on the web. You would have to find a way of converting them into audio for Pro-Tools, though if you had a midi-adapter you could run them through a keyboard.

I have a few midi sequence programs for os9- they utilize the sound bank built into Quicktime. Look on the info-mac archives, or pure-mac.com Adequate for many purposes. In a pinch, using a mod editor and rendering it to a system 7 sound and working from there is a good way to get a decent enough drum track in.

This ProTools looks nice, if only there were an OSX version. <_<

Also rmx, I think you underestimate GarageBand. It really is a powerful program if you know how to use it and have a keyboard. And the extremely nice interface makes up for anything that's missing. 😉 I have an old copy of Cubasis, but it would take too long to get it working on this computer.

(edit) spelling

This post has been edited by nuku : 07 October 2005 - 06:27 AM

nuku, on Oct 7 2005, 06:27 AM, said:

This ProTools looks nice, if only there were an OSX version. <_<
View Post

You should buy an older Mac for fifty dollars.

Anaxagoras, on Oct 7 2005, 04:17 PM, said:

You should buy an older Mac for fifty dollars.
View Post

Older Mac = Slower.

Newer Mac = Faster + OSX + Classic = 2 OSs running = Slower.

Or, at least Classic slows my computer down to about half speed. :mad:

nuku, on Oct 8 2005, 06:02 PM, said:

Or, at least Classic slows my computer down to about half speed. :mad:
View Post

It slows mine, somewhat, as well. Not much, though.