Frozen Heart 3 - Fallen Angel

Martin Turner, on Jul 26 2005, 05:04 PM, said:

Because the copyright might belong to someone else.
View Post

Renderosity members might like to have a look (and indeed rank or comment on) the promo pages:

http://www.renderosi...lleryid=1010965

Cheers

Martin

Judging by the number of searches on my site, some of you are looking for this.

You can now go straight to http://www.martinturner.org.uk and either follow the link at the bottom of the left hand column, or go from the Creative page, or use the search facility.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Martin

The link from the Creative page is broken. The word "launcher" in the link is misspelled "launchter". That could be why some people don't find it.

Flish, on Aug 23 2005, 10:50 PM, said:

The link from the Creative page is broken. The word "launcher" in the link is misspelled "launchter". That could be why some people don't find it.
View Post

Thanks. However, the main reason was that there was no link -- it was only available from this thread, as a special treat for EV developers, until last night.

As you always do, you've produced another top-notch work. The approach to plot, character motivation, and integration of art is very "Martin Turner" -- and that distinctiveness is always a joy to encounter.

If there's a danger that your ncb issues are going to scuttle your plug, I hope you have had/are having/will have some of the other advanced users look at your problems -- I don't count myself among them, but there are a few other people around here who have large amounts of ncb experience, and fresh eyes may give you fresh insights.

Dr. Trowel, on Aug 24 2005, 04:02 AM, said:

As you always do, you've produced another top-notch work. The approach to plot, character motivation, and integration of art is very "Martin Turner" -- and that distinctiveness is always a joy to encounter.

If there's a danger that your ncb issues are going to scuttle your plug, I hope you have had/are having/will have some of the other advanced users look at your problems -- I don't count myself among them, but there are a few other people around here who have large amounts of ncb experience, and fresh eyes may give you fresh insights.
View Post

Thanks Dr. Trowel.

Re FH2, the plugin -
If someone was willing to debug it for me, I would jump at the chance.

Any takers

Martin Turner, on Aug 24 2005, 10:01 AM, said:

Re FH2, the plugin -
If someone was willing to debug it for me, I would jump at the chance.

Any takers
View Post

I humbly offer my talents at bit crunching to your endeavor. You can either PM or email me with the gory details.

p.s.- My profession as a test engineer has provided me with a very solid experience base for analyzing and debugging virtually anything related to digital logic.

Would you be able to make just a little plugin that includes the problematic part?

Arturo, on Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM, said:

<offer>View Post

Guy, on Aug 24 2005, 05:54 PM, said:

<request>View Post

🙂 Waddayakno. Two fellers I was specifically hoping I could flush out of the bushes. Thanks, guys, and godspeed. 🙂

Dr. Trowel, on Aug 25 2005, 01:32 AM, said:

🙂 Waddayakno. Two fellers I was specifically hoping I could flush out of the bushes. Thanks, guys, and godspeed. 🙂
View Post

Cheers guys.

I don't think that doing it small would work -- the size of the plugin seems to make a difference to the stuff going wrong.

Do either of you have some space I could FTP it to? We had endless problems emailing it when we were doing the initial beta, and I don't think my site has enough free space (though I will check).

Regards

Martin

Martin Turner: Please check your Private Messages.

Lit Nerd

Martin Turner, on Aug 26 2005, 01:33 AM, said:

Do either of you have some space I could FTP it to? We had endless problems emailing it when we were doing the initial beta, and I don't think my site has enough free space (though I will check).
View Post

Martin,
I am currently site-less, so that's not an option for me. Two alternatives come to mind though. You could send it piecemeal, just a file at a time, instead of all in one go. The other alternative derives from my analysis methodology, which consists of converting all resources to a customized spreadsheet format. That means I don't need any of the graphics, mpgs, or sounds associated with the plugin to work on it initially. And when I eventually do need to run it on the game-engine, I can readily create any amount of placeholder graphics at my end.

As a correlated coincidence, I had already started to convert your original EV Override version of Frozen Heart to the Nova resource format, purely for my own amusement and entertainment. As I understand it, FH2 is a sequel to that original installment, or am I mistaken? If FH2 is indeed a sequel, then possibly we could come up with a way to release both of your creations in a Nova-ized form, assuming I (or someone) can find solutions to the problems you've encountered.

Standing by ...

Arturo, on Aug 27 2005, 02:30 AM, said:

As a correlated coincidence, I had already started to convert your original EV Override version of Frozen Heart to the Nova resource format, purely for my own amusement and entertainment.
View Post

Heh, I've done that too. I did a lot of investigation into the differences between the two engines so I could make it as accurate as possible and played it right through to be sure it all worked (anyone know where SpacePirate is? i emailed him about updating SpacePort but no reply). There's just one Nova engine bug that may leave you confused at a couple of points but other than that I think it's all good.

Guy, Arturo

Lit Nerd has the file hosted -- he will send you details of how to get it.

FH2 is a conversion of FH and FF to the Nova format. It will also (when we can get the darned think to work) include the long awaited Belan Mordillo story, but that isn't yet included, as we were beta testing and I couldn't find a way to fix the problems.

Let me know how you both get on.

You can email me privately on martin.turner@unforgettable.com (heck, anyone can email me privately if they want to)

Martin Turner, on Aug 27 2005, 03:56 PM, said:

Guy, Arturo

Lit Nerd has the file hosted -- he will send you details of how to get it.

Guy, Arturo, and Martin: I've PMed you the details.

Lit Nerd