Grand opening of Zacha Pedro's Plug-in Guides!

come and comment here

I'm proud to announce the opening of Zacha Pedro's Plug-in Guides! There's still much to do, but I came at a point I need public feedback and comments to know if it's really good. Please comment here and don't post anything there.

Begin by going here...

I await your feedback!

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 01 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

HUZZAH!

Zacha P's got a new home!

Will you be able to link to/include Bomb's old stuff? He had some advice worth reading.

Introduction Tutorial to Mission Computer:
"recommanded, as it is necessary for some features (ignore, however, the ask for the EV Data and Override Data 1&2 files)."
=> "recommended", and I don't get the "ignore the ask for" part

So does this have a nix on the Wikkipedia project or is it seperate/suppliment?

Hoohah! You must really like to type. 😄 It'll take me a while to go through everything. I was curious about one thing that occurred to me. Since you're obviously very fluent in the English language and also a native speaker of French, have you ever considered translating the Nova Bible and all of your templates and guides into French for the EV:N players and developers in France and elsewhere?

Oh, and I'm curious as well about what happened to Bomb's original material.

The forum only shows posts from the last x days. By default that is 30. Bomb's stuff is still there, just up the value a little.

rmx256, on Mar 24 2005, 10:17 PM, said:

So does this have a nix on the Wikkipedia project or is it seperate/suppliment?
View Post

I would hope that everyone stuff the wiki full of information.

Where is the wiki going on? 🙂

This post has been edited by Swithich : 25 March 2005 - 02:35 AM

Agent_Vast, on Mar 24 2005, 05:36 PM, said:

The forum only shows posts from the last x days. By default that is 30. Bomb's stuff is still there, just up the value a little.
View Post

Ah. OK. Thanks.

So then all the topics on the board should be pinned, since this is going to be a slow-moving board where people are often going to look for advice that's more than 20 days old. Is bomb still a moderator for the board? Is ZP?

I think Bomb is still technically a mod there, though I'm not sure. I'm not (yet?) a mod there; I think it would be more practical indeed for me to be a mod of this place, especially for cleaning/pinning.

arturo, the stuff was already written, I just needed to add some BB code (and to get the nerve to post where I don't belong, of course) for it to be posted here. Bomb's stuff is still available, of course, you just have to list the topics from all time (not the last 30 days). I don't think it would be worth it to make documentation in French: I assume the French-speaking people who played the game far enough to be interested in doing plug-ins know enough English to understand the guides. A bit like, in a way, programming documentation: though developer.apple.com/fr exists, that's almost limited to the front page, content is in English. Oh, and I got 915 out of 1000 at the TOEIC (Test Of English for International Communication) I had to take for school, so yes, I think I'm fluent in written English. 😉

Thanks, Pace. I put to ignore this EVC/EVO stuff because it's in the same dialog as the one for the Nova folder. That's all.

I hope you notice the strong user interface and formatting standards I self-imposed myself so that the guides look coherent: external links are in italics and open in a new window; internal links (be it to the same guide or another one in these guides) are in bold and open in the same window if I can (i.e. if it's another topic, as then I can use the ( topic= ) tag, I can even put an anchor in the like of #entry<postnumber> after the topic number to have an internal link to the relevant section, that goes to the post where the section begins: in the BEtD, I made one post for each section); I put five alt-space (I dunno how you do them on PC, putting 5 mere spaces doesn't work) at the beginning of each paragraph (I know it's the wrong way to do it, but I have really no mean to modify the CSS); new concepts are in bold while the instances the user sees in his editor of these new concepts are in italics (" resource ID of 128 ", only the first time I tell them about a resource ID, though); pictures are centered; use of size for the first letter if no title, for the title and section names, color, etc...

People are more than welcome to contribute (right now I'm looking for EVONE and EVNEW intro tutorials the most). They can either post the raw content (text and relevant screenshots) here and I will apply these formatting standards, or they can post it there in a new topic directly with the right format if they are confident they can replicate the format. Just don't forget to remove your sig and disable smilies.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 25 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

ZP, I think this might be the best place to post this without bumping through a few pages

Concerning your shďp annotated template, you say:

"Warship": 3 will make the ships of this type act as warships; warships check if there are ennemies in the system. They fight them if there are any, or hyper out if there is none. This is put for combat capable ships (well, warships) for them to act as military forces.

Doesn't a warship land on a planet after looking for enemies? Because that's what I've observed

Thats interceptor.

Interceptor will scan shďps and move over to them. But the warships I have observed land on a planet quite often
Could anyone confirm/infirm?

This is with much sadness I have to announce that unforeseen issues force me to renounce to this project. You may have seen I did not update it in the last few days nor even considered reactions about it. I just can no longer be bothered to work on this given the increase of work I have and the corresponding decrease in free time. The stuff that's already there will remain, but I won't add anything else. In fact, I think I will retire from this community in shame.

I have to say French humour is pretty devastating 🙂

Pace, you could have let them despair for at least one day...

Happy April's fool day! This is indeed a joke, and I don't intend to stop working on this, on the contrary! I've been busy these weekdays, so I couldn't work on it, and I cannot acces Internet the weekends, so I can't make and test BB code during that time, but monday or tuesday i will get back at work, implementing suggections and putting the next item on my list, the testing/debugging/troubleshooting guide.

I intended to only come back tomorrow to tell it was a joke, but I forgot I could not access Internet on Saturday and I thought leaving it for three days would have been way too much for it to be a joke (the best jookes are the shortest-running ones).

Sorry for the double-post.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 01 April 2005 - 11:31 AM

Sorry for the -ack!- triple post.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 01 April 2005 - 11:31 AM

Zacha Pedro, on Apr 1 2005, 05:20 PM, said:

Pace, you could have let them despair for at least one day...

Happy April's fool day! This is indeed a joke, and I don't intend to stop working on this, on the contrary! I've been busy these weekdays, so I couldn't work on it, and I cannot acces Internet the weekends, so I can't make and test BB code during that time, but monday or tuesday i will get back at work, implementing suggections and putting the next item on my list, the testing/debugging/troubleshooting guide.

I intended to only come back tomorrow to tell it was a joke, but I forgot I could not access Internet on Saturday and I thought leaving it for three days would have been way too much for it to be a joke (the best jookes are the shortest-running ones).
View Post

😄 Sorry, Zacha, but anyway, it's best to have one reaction than none It could have seemed a little weird if you posted twice in a row, the first post saying "it's over", the second saying "it's a joke" 😉

Anyway, it's good to hear the "on the contrary". Zacha Pedro, you are one of the pillars of this developer community, et je vous salue pour cette raison.

Good luck with the rest! And April is the best month of them all

If you'd like to keep laughing, you can check the other two topics I posted today (at Just Tech and the Nova board)...