Invisable Spobs 101

(means you cant see them)

I have found that cirtain ways to make a spob not seen. The way to make a habitable spob not show up on the map unless you click on the system, all you have to do is put 5 (maybe 4) other uninhabited spobs in the system, it will then be shown as an empty system. You can also put a spob with black graphics and a black dot for the radar for "no" existance or complete radar failure and mirkiness. I have another idea I will post lated after I tested it.

If any others have anything to add I am writing a plug for this.

Ah, so if an inhabited spob isnt a navidefault, the system shows up as uninhabited?

But Ive ahd a system with 16 spobs, and each and every one of them showed up in the list of 'ports' at the bottom of the map page.

Very nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

I just tested this, and to clarify, what happens is that when you do not have any inhabited planets in the first four slots in the spรถb resource, the system will appear blank on the map. However, when you click on the system, every inhabited spob in it will appear in the "ports" list.

@ Sylvanus: How do you intend to put a black dot on the radar? While I admit that there are more than just red, blue and green colors on the (IFF'd) radar (try an angry wormhole ๐Ÿ™‚ ), black is not one of them, at least in my experience.

Cool. It seems a little like a bug, but a bug that's actually more useful than problematic. ๐Ÿ™‚

(When this is hashed out, it ought to go in the Cool Nova Hacks topic, eh?)

@Edwards: angry wormhole? :huh:

A wormhole aligned to a hostile government, obviously.

What isn't so obvious is... Why?

I dont see how this could be useful. Navidefaults are attributed this importance for a reason.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Mar 20 2005, 04:24 PM, said:

I dont see how this could be useful. Navidefaults are attributed this importance for a reason.
View Post

It could be used to obscure infromation from a first glance. This could represent ports that aren't so well known; or it could be used to signify a Pirate base, or an otherwise obscure faucility. They wouldn't exactly be advertizing themselves with neon signs.

As with many things, this could force one to look deeper before finding anything.

If you're using NovaTools you shouldn't have to add the unihabited spobs. Just leave the first 4 fields at -1. Unfortunately Mission Computer doesn't allow any control over which fields are used.

I wait for the day Matt will drop by here to know the state of the plug-in community, and will fall out of his chair thinking "How the Hell have they been able to pull off such things out of my engine?"

Nice find.

Yeah, I repent my original position. That would be cool for certain things.

I'm not sure if it works on Mac. My internet has been down since Sunday I think. I realy found it by accident. ๐Ÿ˜‰ As for importance the plugs I have in mind will show that.

Weepul 884, on Mar 20 2005, 02:44 AM, said:

(When this is hashed out, it ought to go in the Cool Nova Hacks topic, eh?)
View Post

Heh, I really should keep that thing updated, it's already halfway down the second page! ๐Ÿ˜› I've got a few links that I could add in, now.

Pretty sweet, Sylvanus. ๐Ÿ˜„
~ SP

SpacePirate, on Mar 28 2005, 12:48 AM, said:

Heh, I really should keep that thing updated, it's already halfway down the second page! ๐Ÿ˜› I've got a few links that I could add in, now.

Pretty sweet, Sylvanus. ๐Ÿ˜„
~ SP
View Post

I was just writeing a (SIZE=1)small manual for this. Please place the links. ๐Ÿ˜„

P.S. Just one thing remember my name on thoes links, you can contact me on Sylvanusz5@yahoo.com