Sell this outfit and you also have 2 sell this one

how can this be done?

Fighter bays require the sale of all fighters before they can be sold. Is there a way, perhaps with the contribute/require fields (or any other innovative way at all) to do this with other outfits? Specifically, I want to make it so that when you sell outfit A, the game will either request or force you to sell all of outfit B.

Any suggestions?

SeattleLightning, on Jan 8 2005, 01:33 AM, said:

Fighter bays require the sale of all fighters before they can be sold. Is there a way, perhaps with the contribute/require fields (or any other innovative way at all) to do this with other outfits? Specifically, I want to make it so that when you sell outfit A, the game will either request or force you to sell all of outfit B.

Any suggestions?
View Post

Not sure if this is the only way, but I do know that the game requires you to sell fighters before fighter bays because fighters count as ammo, which needs to be sold before a weapon (the fighter bay) can be sold. Other than that, check the Nova bible, maybe there's a way to have an outfit be sold off when a bit gets set.

You could try using the increase maximum modtype. Don't know if that'll work or not.

OnSell of the one item, you could Dxxx the other.

It would just be removed, though, not sold. And I'm not sure how it would handle if you had more than 1 of them.

I can think of an odd workaround... but it's complicated and not as simple as the fighter bays...

I too have a method, but it's fairly complicated and would involve a second outfit.

orca, are you thinking of using a cron to switch the first outfit with a non-sellable outfit as long as Oxxx, where xxx is the ID for the ammo, tests true?

Guys, guys, Polycon utilised this for most of the rockets/missiles! Just tear open Polycon and figure it out!

Anaxagoras, on Jan 9 2005, 01:02 AM, said:

Guys, guys, Polycon utilised this for most of the rockets/missiles! Just tear open Polycon and figure it out!
View Post

Good idea. I have the TC data, but never actually played it.

Amn fires up EVNEW...

I'll try to have an answer in a few.

========

The answer is: Polycon is making use of the wëap resource Max Ammo field to control the ammunition maximums.
What I'm guessing is that Seattle wants to do this for other non-weapon types of outfits.

This post has been edited by Amnenth : 09 January 2005 - 01:17 AM

specifically what I would like to do is make it so that you cannot buy a missile without first having a missile launcher, and when you want to sell the missile launcher, you first have to sell all the missiles. Just like with fighter bays. I don't care about the maximum number of missles you can have while you have the launcher.

Well then all you need to do is set the maxammo field to the maximum amount of ammo you want for the weapon. Unless you can have multiple launchers, in which case you can just divide it by the max number of launchers.

SeattleLightning, on Jan 9 2005, 02:19 AM, said:

specifically what I would like to do is make it so that you cannot buy a missile without first having a missile launcher, and when you want to sell the missile launcher, you first have to sell all the missiles. Just like with fighter bays. I don't care about the maximum number of missles you can have while you have the launcher.
View Post

Okay. Set the Outfit Maximum of the ammo to something big that nobody's likely to ever pick up, like 1,000+. Something bigger than the real maximum you want. Then, in the missile's wëap resource, set the MaxAmmo field to however much ammo you'd like people to be able to hold PER LAUNCHER.