Need help

QUOTE (darthkev @ Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most places in Miranu space. Look for a hooded figure acting suspiciously.

** Edit:** Scratch that, the Igadzra homeworld of Igadzra is the only place to start the string. Don't know where I got the idea it was in Miranu space...

Are you sure about that? I always (always!) started the Igadzra string on Kitrak...something about transporting purple river eels. Maybe its different in your version?

That's what I thought I remembered, too... it's possible I was looking at the wrong mission when trying to find out what the first Igadzra missions was. It's been a long time since I've done that string...

Lt. Legs, head to Kitrak in the Kitrak system, just to the upper left of the Mirava system, two jumps away. I'm pretty sure visitor is right on this one.

Thanks, I was looking for that system from this walkthrough I was curious where to start the string and I could not find it for the life of me I was all over Azdgari space, Igadzra, Zidagar you name it didn't look in miranu space haha

I have a combat rating of Competent and a Good Egg rating in the kitrak system but the mission doesn't appear.

Your combat rating may not yet be high enough. You need a combat rating of 1600 which translates to Very Competent in EVN, but I'm not sure if it's the same in EVO. Probably is, though, so just keep hunting pirates/Zidagar/Azdgari to raise your combat rating and stay on the Igadzra's good side.

Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun hunting down zidara's in my crescent warship haha.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Apr 4 2010, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't know? Oy vey... alright, go to this site and download the EVO port there. Feel free to download the EVC port, too, if you wanna play it. Let us know if that fixes your problem.

i downloaded from that website and installed the EVO stuff but when i buy ships the turret and gun limit take from eachother, for example the crescent warship says 4 guns 4 turrets but i can only have (1/3) (2/2) (4/0) guns and turrets

QUOTE (Cardboard Tube @ Apr 28 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i downloaded from that website and installed the EVO stuff but when i buy ships the turret and gun limit take from eachother, for example the crescent warship says 4 guns 4 turrets but i can only have (1/3) (2/2) (4/0) guns and turrets

This is intentional. In both EV:C and EV:O, the AI wasn't smart enough to fire more than one type of primary weapon at a time. What was quickly discovered in EV:C was that a player could easily outgun any computer-controlled ship of similar make simply by maxing out both guns and turrets. This didn't set well with PAC (EV:O's scenario designer), who decided that, instead, turrets should occupy a gun port as well as the prerequisite turret port.

Since neither EV:C nor EV:N enforce this as EV:O does, many fans of the series find the mechanics of it irritating (as they are not used to it). However, it has, arguably, preserved a great deal of challenge in the scenario that would otherwise not be present, while the limitations on primary-weapon firepower make investment in secondary weapons more attractive.

So I switched over to EV:Nova and for some reason my plugins don't work...any suggestions?

What exactly do you mean by 'don't work'?

QUOTE (~vIsitor~ @ Apr 29 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since neither EV:C nor EV:N enforce this as EV:O does, many fans of the series find the mechanics of it irritating (as they are not used to it). However, it has, arguably, preserved a great deal of challenge in the scenario that would otherwise not be present, while the limitations on primary-weapon firepower make investment in secondary weapons more attractive.

The only problem with this explanation is that the limitation wasn't introduced until EV Override 's 1.0.2 update, which perhaps increases the feeling that it's somehow 'unfair'. I agree that it's a perfectly legitimate game mechanic, but I at least can't say for sure whether or not it was Peter Cartwright's decision.

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Apr 30 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only problem with this explanation is that the limitation wasn't introduced until EV Override 's 1.0.2 update, which perhaps increases the feeling that it's somehow 'unfair'. I agree that it's a perfectly legitimate game mechanic, but I at least can't say for sure whether or not it was Peter Cartwright's decision.

[QUOTE (pac @ Jan 1 2007, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This was a result of my reaction to what always ended up happening in EV (Classic). As you may or may not remember, in EV, when you got your Kestrel/Rebel Destroyer/other end-game ship, the optimum option was to just pack it full of primary weapons - max out the guns and the turrets. Missiles and things didn't get a look in. The only secondaries I, for one, would use would be the special mission beam weapons (if I had them) and the Javelin Rockets (whose ammo had no mass, and was pretty cheap). (Oh, and fighters, especially Lightnings as then you get the benefit of a few secondary weapons without having to find room for them yourself or purchase their ammo.)So, much of the weapon/outfit design in Override is based around trying to make secondary weapons desirable. One element of this was to limit how many any one ship could mount. I decided to do this by making it impossible to fill up with both guns and turrets (after all, at the time at least, the AI couldn't fire both its guns and its turrets - if it was given them. It could only fire one type of weapon at once! Why should the player be able to get around this and automatically outgun every ship he met?).Now, I could have done this by setting the mounts on warships to, say, zero guns and <however many> turrets (and the opposite on fighters). But then I would have to decide, in advance, whether each ship was a 'turrets ship' or a 'guns ship'. However, there are some ships (say, the Arada) which should be able to go either way, for guns or turrets. And if you really want to fill your cruiser with guns, I don't mind - I just don't want you to have the turrets too! So I ended up with the work-around you know.Of course, whether I succeeded in making secondary weapons important (to most players) is another matter. I think some of them are in some cases (eg, fighting the Voinians without rockets is not to be attempted unless you have plenty of time on your hands) but it probably could still be better. For instance, ammo is probably still too expensive, and many secondary weapons are probably still too big.](http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=108951&view=findpost&p=1672884)

I mean they have no effect, the plugin I have is for a mission worth 1million when you just take off and land and it doesn't even show up.

QUOTE (LtDansLegs @ Apr 29 2010, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I switched over to EV:Nova and for some reason my plugins don't work...any suggestions?

QUOTE (LtDansLegs @ May 1 2010, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean they have no effect, the plugin I have is for a mission worth 1million when you just take off and land and it doesn't even show up.

I would assume that your problem is that you're trying to use EVO plug-ins in EVN. Regrettably, it doesn't work that way; plug-ins have to be 'ported' to the format of the proper version to be used. Some are easy enough to do, although a lot of the grand, epic plug-ins from the era have not yet been ported, due to issues with changes to the way the game engine handles certain things (and lack of time to work around these problems).

It was like this with the switch from EVC to EVO too, actually. Probably why people usually kept a copy of both handy, even though EVO was the clearly superior product, engine-wise.

(Addition to hypothetical EV4 wishlist: backwards compatibility for plugins).

Well I fixed the problem haha on both versions but thanks.