Favorite ships

I fly the Crescent Fighter with zidagar space upgrade and 5 voinian cannons. I have gotten my shields down frequently by way of being too close to exploding ships (usually supply ships)
really, i have 10 space left after the upgrade with 5 voinan cannons, so I can easily take on anyone, but I still lose to those darn azdaras <_<
I think its a cult, to be honest, what with those azdaras weaklings ships recharging so fast and what not. How else would they be so crazy? 😛

stock crescent fighter is my standards. I liked it best. Overpowered voinian cannons are getting boring , and I need ECMs only against igazra and zachit.
the only azdara i like is zacha verane.

This post has been edited by Sparking Z : 24 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

The azdara is always a personal fav. I also like the Helian as a starting ship, and the U.E. Destroyer will always have a place in my heart.

I always enjoy the UE cruiser outfitted with Neutron Cannons. fast strong and powerful. Anything Voinian is to slow for my tastes. Cresent ships are okay for beginning, or when your the Voinians, but when your the UE, their weapons don't pack a punch. Emalgha ships are the coolest looking, but fail at everything else.

Lifelong fan of the Igazra. I really don't feel I need to say anything more :).

For taking out Azdaras, if you go with the Igadzra and get the Plasma Siphon (don't think the mission can be done in a CF for cargo space but the weapon persists) on that Crescent Fighter it should stand a much better chance.

The plasma siphon is worthless. U.E. Destroyers and Carriers are the way of the future. U.E. Cruisers are overrated. 😄

QUOTE (Odie @ Jul 12 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The plasma siphon is worthless. U.E. Destroyers and Carriers are the way of the future. U.E. Cruisers are overrated. 😄

Blasphemy! The Plasma Siphon is the only secondary weapon worth its salt! No ammo = benefit; acts as fuel scoop = benefit; takes up no weight = benefit; kills Azdaras and other fighters in a single bound = benefit; can kill anything up to a Turncoat = pretty redundant but benefit; combined with 2-stringing with Zidagar = adds value to Zidara, which is heavily dependent on fuel.

Downsides? Let me know.

Plasma Siphon is wonderful. You can spam it along with your primary weapons, and when you go in for close primary combat, if you're not a zidigar beamer or a defense pod user like me then it's awesome.

UE Cruisers are great. They're perfect candidates for Adzgari speed upgrades; they have enough natural speed to use it, enough space to not feel the hurt, and they're big enough to justify the price (if money is an issue).

UE Carriers... I don't give them the time of day. Way too slow to my tastes, and as far as long-range platforms go I'd take an Igadzra any day. One main advantage the player has is he/she is usually a much better pilot than anyone, and Carriers don't let you use that advantage.

1st Voinian Frigate - Totally badass looking and owns all the lame crescent dudes, a little on the slow side though
2nd Freight-Courier - Decent space/speed/armor plus it looks cool too ( and very easy to capture early on )

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 16 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (MartiNZ @ Jul 18 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blasphemy! The Plasma Siphon is the only secondary weapon worth its salt! No ammo = benefit; acts as fuel scoop = benefit; takes up no weight = benefit; kills Azdaras and other fighters in a single bound = benefit; can kill anything up to a Turncoat = pretty redundant but benefit; combined with 2-stringing with Zidagar = adds value to Zidara, which is heavily dependent on fuel.

Downsides? Let me know.

QUOTE (n64mon @ Aug 10 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plasma Siphon is wonderful. You can spam it along with your primary weapons, and when you go in for close primary combat, if you're not a zidigar beamer or a defense pod user like me then it's awesome.

UE Cruisers are great. They're perfect candidates for Adzgari speed upgrades; they have enough natural speed to use it, enough space to not feel the hurt, and they're big enough to justify the price (if money is an issue).

UE Carriers... I don't give them the time of day. Way too slow to my tastes, and as far as long-range platforms go I'd take an Igadzra any day. One main advantage the player has is he/she is usually a much better pilot than anyone, and Carriers don't let you use that advantage.

What version are you guys playing? The plasma siphon does almost zero damage, and it takes at least 7-10 seconds of point blank hits to destroy a flock of azadras.

The point is- it's free! Zero space, zero ammo, and fast reload! I'll compare it to the phase cannon:

Phase cannon:
reload: 15
energy damage: 15

Plasma siphon:
reload: 2
energy damage: 10

So, you shoot 7.5 plasma siphon shots in the time it takes you to fire one phase shot. In essence, it does the work of 5 phase cannons, absolutely free. When combined with your primary weapons, you rip through stuff like Scoobie-Doo at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

And if you capture Pete Hopkins or the A.S.S Abrupt before you do the Igadzra string, you can have two plasma siphons >^D.

How... devious!

QUOTE (n64mon @ Sep 19 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point is- it's free! Zero space, zero ammo, and fast reload! I'll compare it to the phase cannon:

Phase cannon:
reload: 15
energy damage: 15

Plasma siphon:
reload: 2
energy damage: 10

So, you shoot 7.5 plasma siphon shots in the time it takes you to fire one phase shot. In essence, it does the work of 5 phase cannons, absolutely free. When combined with your primary weapons, you rip through stuff like Scoobie-Doo at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

You forgot to include the accuracy. To get all of those shots to hit, you have to ram the ship you are attacking. Not good. With the accuracy taken into account, it probably does the work of one phase cannon, plus a fuel drain.

You're absolutely right, accuracy will reduce the effiectiveness up to 50% on a bad day. When fighting capital ships, I usually end up ramming them. Against azdaras, 1/2 will miss at most, but they let me kill the little buggers quickly without wasting SAEs, which is extraordinarily worthwhile.

Also: fuel drain? (looks into data files)
Huh. DEFINITELY don't remember that; I distinctly remember marveling at how it doesn't drain fuel, and flying around the universe spewing clouds of fire from my nose (eww) even with the enemy far out of range.

checks data files again. Nope, it's still there. Was it changed in 1.0.2? Wow, you learn new things every day. Anyways, acting as fuel scoop = cool, and I always had 2 fuel scoops in my big Igadzra anyways so it's possible I just never noticed the effects. Nova's greying odd remainders of fuel insufficient for a hyperjump was a nice touch.

This post has been edited by n64mon : 09 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

The Emalgha Fighter is pretty nice.

My absolute FAVORITE ship is the Z.S.S. Disruption in the Powerful People plugin. Best under 100 tons ship EVER (which matters a lot to me!), IMO.