New EV Override port

If you can't find it, blame rudy. It's all his fault ๐Ÿ˜›

We've all moved on from testing EVO for EV4 to testing the new EVN 1.1 update. Kinda precludes talking more about it, eh?

The joke's over guys; why the heck would Ambrosia go to all the effort to update a game that's about to be obsoleted by its own sequel? I fail to see why you're still trying to pull our chains after we've figured everything out.

Because EVN was incompatible with the newer MacBooks and MacBook Airs. Why do you think they're updating so many games to UB?

That's like saying Ambrosia would update EVO because it doesn't run on OS X, even though EVN is already in development.

Yes. Stop screwing with us. It's not funny to make jokes about something so many people hope for so earnestly, and to pretend you can give them what they want when you can't. I don't appreciate it.

Hey, I'm not making EV4.

Say, how many people read the caption on the screenshot I posted?

Yes, but you claim to be assisting in its development and testing it, which is just as bad.

One abbreviation: WTF?

I agree. If you are making an update to EVN fine. If you are working on your port okay tell us. Just stop jerking everyone around.

It's high time this was put to rest. At the time I posted this topic there was only 1 (one!) other topic on the front page, excluding the pinned one. The caption on the screenshot (if anyone actually read it) attempted to convey the reason for the topic's existence but I guess it failed to do so. I realise 3 months is far too long to have let this drag on and for that I apologise. I didn't intend for it to last longer than a week but once others spontaneously jumped on board I wasn't sure how to stop it nicely. I also apologise to Geek in particular, who desperately wanted in on it but completely failed to take the hints ๐Ÿ˜‰

In summary, it's all Mack's fault.

P.S. EV Nova 1.1 is coming and is something to look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey, you started it. ๐Ÿ˜› I had to ask you if this was real.

But yes, it's fake.

And yes, EVN 1.1.0 is real.

@mackilroy, on Aug 8 2008, 10:39 PM, said in New EV Override port:

And yes, EVN 1.1.0 is real.

Really Real?

:ninja:

Apology accepted.

Posted Image

@mackilroy, on Aug 9 2008, 02:39 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Hey, you started it. ๐Ÿ˜› I had to ask you if this was real.

Ssh, I need a scapegoat ๐Ÿ˜›

I think that the length of time this obvious prank was allowed to continue and be taken seriously should be taken as an indicator that it needs to be done for real, not just as a joke. there is quite obviously demand for it, the fora have just provided your market-viability-analysis thingy. make it and sell it.

@edwin-, on Aug 9 2008, 10:10 AM, said in New EV Override port:

there is quite obviously demand for it, the fora have just provided your market-viability-analysis thingy. make it and sell it.

I don't think this proves much ย— we've always known that it's the 'make it' part that's the challenge rather than the 'sell it'.

Guess the jokes up. This was the best topic on all the boards in quite a while. It really made me smile ๐Ÿ™‚

I do hope EVN 1.1 for windows fixes the sound problems during loading (music cuts out) and when opening a pilot the sound gets very distorted.

Cham

Wow, so you created this big elaborate post about some mystery port or a new game, let people get all their hopes up for possibly a sequel to EVO or maybe PAC's supposed sequel, but instead it's just some stupid joke?

Nice guys, real nice. You should be ashamed of yourselves

PS- We knew about EVN 1.1 because unlike you people, they actually didn't bullcrap us and came out with a clear answer.

This post has been edited by GodzFire : 09 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

I have to agree with GodzFire. This was in very poor taste. But I think that since you've already apologized, and since it wasn't intended to go this long, it would be rude to continue to be offended, so I forgive you.

At any rate, I'm interested to see what features are contained within the 1.1 update. I'm rooting for multiplayer, though I know that it's not going to happen.