Which is your favourite way of getting money?

Watch what you're digging up; this thread is well over a year old! Nevertheless, this particular sub-forum has seen a drought of activity as of late, so I suppose a little necromancy now and then could do little harm.

Oh well...

Anyway, getting back on topic (as old as the topic may be), my favorite money-making scheme--at least in EV:O--is the Thier-Gribn run, better known as the Miser's Funeral. Gets lots of cash, real quick, allowing me to outfit my ship with the upgrades I want, and get on with more exciting things, like conquering the whole of known space. 😉

That systems great for pirating pirates too, it's less lucrative but more fun and gets your legal rating up.

@-visitor-, on Nov 13 2007, 07:40 PM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

Watch what you're digging up; this thread is well over a year old! Nevertheless, this particular sub-forum has seen a drought of activity as of late, so I suppose a little necromancy now and then could do little harm.

Maybe he doesn't understand about grave digging, being newbers and all. 🙂

Missions, in a couple of jumps you get 60,000 credits on a good rush job and 5000 to ferry passangers on a bad day. I'd rather do this then haveing a 50% chance(More or Less) about getting blown up. Once in a while I'd also trade (Main route Earth to New Rome selling Tourists) Though I only do this when I have a mission there. I don't really go anywere without being paid. The main reason I don't pirate though is that

1 Nova is WAY easier to pirate credits. (If your in desperate need of credits, attack an Association Pirate Enterprise from the behind. I've done this in a shuttle!)

2 Overide non-voinaim ships have little to no armor, thus makeing it tough to disable.

3 Also Pirateing brings in just about as much credits as tradeing, because if you use secendary weapons you end up haveing to deduct that price from your plunder. It gets very annoying when you 'spend' more in shots then plunder. You see rockets, I see cash shooting out of those launchers!

@-visitor-, on Nov 13 2007, 07:40 PM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

Watch what you're digging up; this thread is well over a year old!

I think I will allow it this time, but it should not become a habit (edit: fixed).

Cham

This post has been edited by Chamrin : 30 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

@chamrin, on Nov 25 2007, 01:54 AM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

...but it should not become a habbit.

Cham

A short humanoid with furry feet and long floppy ears? 😄

(Sorry.)

Oh, and my favorite way of getting cash is what I call hijacking: hanging around other peoples' battles until somebody gets disabled, then rushing in to board before they get blown up or boarded by their enemies. This is especially fun toward the beginning of a game when I've got a really weak ship.

EDIT:
Attached File Habbit.jpg (34.08K)
Number of downloads: 15

Once more, I apologize. I promise -- no more bad habbits.

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 28 November 2007 - 03:02 PM

@-visitor-, on Nov 14 2007, 03:40 AM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

Anyway, getting back on topic (as old as the topic may be), my favorite money-making scheme--at least in EV:O--is the Thier-Gribn run, better known as the Miser's Funeral. Gets lots of cash, real quick, allowing me to outfit my ship with the upgrades I want, and get on with more exciting things, like conquering the whole of known space. 😉

This is do-able in a shuttle- just fit a afterburner and hire extra cargo space...
As for using up ammo fighting pirates, I find the opposite to be true- I usually loot their unused SADs/Dispersal torps for extra profit!

Az

@dr--trowel, on Nov 28 2007, 09:31 AM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

A short humanoid with furry feet and long floppy ears? 😄

This made me laugh. 🙂

Cham

I would normaly board anything I think is worth boarding take everything, take it if I like it or destroy it. 😉