Thoughts of EV/EVO veterans on EV3

Originally posted by StarStrafer:
**How long to you have to have played to be a "veteran"?

inquisitively,
CPH

At least four years.

------------------
If murder were legal, you'd be dead.

Originally posted by The Arctic Fox:
**There is only one thing that I have not done in EVO. What is that council station for and are there any missions connected with it? if so how do I get them? Please tell!

Probably the best plug that explains the mysteries of the council is Beyond the Crescent. I highly recommend it.

------------------

I remember when I was a novice and every night I stayed up till 3 trying to improve. Those were the days...

------------------

Posted by forge:
At least four years.

Impossible. Why? EVO hasn't even been out four years. Those who have had and been been playing the game rougly ever since its release date (which I have done) are considered veterans after a year or two.

Ah.....I can still remeber the day on EV when I got my first lasers in a shuttlecraft and blew up an Argosy without cheats.....and then I decided the game was too hard and went cheat-crazy, and got a new copy soon after. Or there was the time when I had my first UE Fighter on EVO, and I was so happy I went outside and ran around yelling how happy I was......those really were the days.........

------------------
Recently started playing ROTUE, haven't got too far, haven't seen any new ships.

Aaaahhh yes, memories. I remember the first time I saw EV, on a Macformat disk. I loaded it up, and I was hooked. I still remember being so impressed when I got 3 proton cannons on a scout ship and wondering how to make them swivel like the big ships to 🙂 And then when the graetest thing to do was get an amazing 4 proton turets on my confed cruiser 🙂
The only great memory I have on EVO was when I got my first Azdara. Ooohhh the speed, the turn. I love that ship.

------------------
"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
-Some old wise fellow

I'd have to say my fondest memory is when I got my first clipper. Boy, that was a nice ship. Possibly the stupidest newbie thing I ever did was when I first started it and, after being bloody amazed, explored, well I didn't realize that you could go into the grey areas. I must have spent a week, starting new pilots after running around the 4 systems that started out being known. I finally figured it out and I was off (mainly to being blasted by pirates, but hey!).

------------------
Lead plugin programmer, Corsair Development

Originally posted by ESPilot:
**Impossible. Why? EVO hasn't even been out four years. Those who have had and been been playing the game rougly ever since its release date (which I have done) are considered veterans after a year or two.

Okay, first of all, as long as we're being anal retentive about facts, if you'll look at what forge replied to, they asked about veteran status in general. So 4 years IS accurate when it comes to playing EV. The person forge was replying to just wasn't specific enough, but then again, neither were you. Oh, and since the concept seemed to escape you, the man was being sarcastic! Jeesh.

Secondly, I think this entire topic means veteran to the game, not to the boards. And it takes a lot less time to be a veteran to the game than to the boards I assure you.

But to be a veteran to the boards, you need to be mature...that's a good start for a definition.

CS

And thus ends the topic...hopefully.

------------------
"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
-Some old wise fellow