An EVO Story: The Dark Tide

Yes it does; the Pultaq, you, and everything you said doesn't exist. Sorry about using your name, but at the moment I was kind of short on good names, so I decided to temporarily use the name "Corocian". Not only that, but life pads don't exist in this story board, unless I missed something.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

To Rooster: Rooster, let's just forget this whole disagreement. I'll change the name of the Corocian Rebels, and you revoke your stuff that has to do with LBS and about trying to attack me. Then, if you want, I'll gladly let you be my second in command. Friends?

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Okay Carno, I will now explain my defusion technology. It is a force field that can be emplanted on a ship that will disable all stable explosives at a distance of about 20 miles. It was developed recently due to Red's threat about using space mines. Yes, it cost money.

Hey, it just so happens that our allies the Miranu happen to be on good terms with the Igadzra and the Iggies were only to glad to lend them and Igadzra sensor array to punish the captain who pissed them off. Thus, we are aware of the location of (and hyperspace routes to) F-25.

A UE Fleet arrives at Outpost Zachit, joins up with Tyhco's battlegroup, and warps toward the Ji Nebula.
"Okay boys, take it real easy and watch for any Renegade craft. We've heard that the Renegades are being paid off to protect Carnotaur and his band. Once we reach F-25, keep your eyes skinned, Carno wasn't born yesterday. He's bound to have something up his sleeve. In fact, we've got a few surprises in store as well..."

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

Titan sends his personel fleet to help Samurai in the F-25 system.
My fleet encludes: 5 Decimators, 5 Cruisers, 8 carriers, 12 destroyers, 20 fighters, 10 creacent warships, and 15 Arada's.

------------------
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all into the darkness and bind them, in the land of mordor where the shadows lie."
Check out the upcomming Lord of the Rings Movies at (url="http://"http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html")http://www.lordofthe...s.net/home.html(/url)

Samurai - UE Military Commander
Titan - UE Research and Alien Relations
REDchigh - Voinian Emperor
U.S.S. Bristol - In charge of Voinian spying on Humans and Miranu
Kiwi_a2 - Azdgari Emperor
Entropy - South Tip Renegades, Human Renegades (Entropy I'm not totally sure what you control so could you clarify it please?)
Alien 5672 - Miranu Elder
Tycho - Zachit Commander
Daedalus - Fighter Pilot for the UE ( I think he left but I'm not sure )
Asc - Former Azdgari, now a Renegade Mercenary

TO SAMURAI AND TYCHO: Since you are attacking me, I must remind you to always allow for the other person to respond to your actions. I will make a move, then you will make a move, then I will make a move. You can't just go and say "The Corocians are defeated by the Zacha and UE blah blah blah...." You have to let the other person respond to your actions.

--------------

As the UE/Zacha fleet entered the DSN-8789, they expected only a small force from the Corocian Rebels. However, Samurai got the surprise of his life...

There were dozens of Corocian vessels, and that was not all. There were over 73 Renegade warships (laziras, CWs, aradas), 48 Voinian warships (mostly cruisers), and 83 Azdgari vessels. Carnotaur had known that the UE and Zachit were coming, so he arranged with his allies to assemble a large fleet to stop Samurai and Tycho.

The two fleets instantly engaged each other, weapons fire being exchanged back a forth. However, the Corocians and Renegades had specially modified SAEs that had longer range than normal, and thus they got off the first shot.

After half an hour, the UE and Zacha had suffered heavy losses to the technilogically superior and larger Azdgari, Voinian, Renegade, and Corocian forces (which had suffered minimal losses). Then, the two fleets engaged each other again, but it was obvious that the UE and Zacha would be crushed....

--------------

At that moment, the Voinians began major raids and attacks on the UE, preventing them from sending any reinforcements to help Samurai. The NT Renegades did the same to the Zachit. Corocian ships also took up positions on all the exits to the Ji Nebula, to prevent any remaining UE or Zachit ships from escaping.

------------------
--------------

Next time ask okay? There is no need to change the name, it would only confuse people. Sorry if i seemed insane, but the name "Corocians" has been used not only in the LBS but in my four year running RPG (which has now ended) that i played with people at my school, etc., and i suppose i just assumed i had total and indisputable right to it. I would have been fine if you had asked.

However, i'm afraid i don't see a cause for your attacks on the UE and your alliance with the renegades. I will be working with the UE if accepted. And as payment for using my name i suggest a special frame of events: I did have an abrupt ending along with others out of Red Horizon, so i would like to propose that my single ship, the Zodiac, crossed over into this dimension. I know you aren't in charge but i know how kind and caring Samurai is 🙂 and this story seems like it needs some Rooster-style pick-me-up. How about it?

------------------
It is not fear that will destroy you, but the absence of it.

Suddenly, the UE Cruisers launch packs of fast-moving limpet mines, which clamp on to the Voinian, Azdgari, and Corocian vessels, slowly draining their shields and hindering their manueverability. The UE and Zachit fleet draws away from the Corocians, (taking occasional hits from SAEs) letting the limpets do their work. In a short time, the Corocian's (and Voinian's and Azdgari's) shields have been totally drained by the limpets. Suddenly, a large group of Zachit vessels hits the enemy's flank, firing modified Emalgha cannons that quickly cut through even the heavy armor of the Corocians, Voinians, and Azdgari. The Corocians suffer heavy losses, and it is evident that if the battle continues in this fashion, The Corocian Rebels will be routed. The UE has already taken heavy casualties, but only suffered minor losses in this latest manuever.

Sure, rooster, you can have the Zodiac in this dimension. But please explain to the non-LBS players what it is and what it can do. I accept you as a United Earth Admiral. Good luck.
------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

(This message has been edited by Samurai (edited 02-11-2001).)

:eek: Why didn't you tell me THAT before you got angry at me?!? If I had known that, I wouldn't have used the name "Corocian" Rooster! Sorry again.

And Rooster, I didn't attack the UE or Zachit. All I did was try to get on good terms with the Voinians, Renegades, and Azdgari by giving them some of my technology. Samurai just lost his temper because he's losing to the Voinians, and since I gave the Voinians that technology that is helping them, Samurai wants to go and get me. Besides, I don't even want to fight you, Rooster. I'm sick of it. I fought you in both LBS and Red Horizon, and now I want a story board where I DON'T have to fight you.

------------

But all of a sudden, the Corocians/Renegades/Voinians/Azdgari withdrew to an orbit around the actual planet in the DSN-8789 system. Then, as the UE and Zachit approached, a massive vessel bigger than anything Samurai had ever seen before suddenly appeared.

It was the C.R.S. Demon, the Corocian Supercruiser.

The UE and Zachit immediately closed in on the supercruiser, but then the Demon showed its firepower. A streak of blue shot out from the massive vessel and hit a Zachit Arada head on, annihilating it in an instant. Then, dozens upon dozens of energy bolts flew at the UE and Zachit, slowly blasting away their shields. The Demon and the UE/Zachit fleet then clashed, the UE not doing enough to the Demon, and the Zachit not being able to outmaneuver the weapons from the Demon. Soon, the Demon had destroyed over 33 ships in 5 minutes.

Then, it launched its 8 Enhanced Corocian Aradas. They flew around half crippled ships, easily picking them off with their guns. The Zachit tried to catch them, but the Corocian Aradas were too fast.

Then, a large Renegade/Azdgari backup fleet arrived, and the Corocian fleet then came to the aid of the Demon, who wasn't weakening that much. Soon, 2/3 of the UE/Zachit fleet had been destroyed. The limpet mines were shot down by the Corocians before they had a chance to lock onto the Demon. The few that did made it, were disabled by energy surges through the hull of the Demon. Not only that, but the limpet mines did almost nothing to the massive Corocian supercruiser, making them useless against it.

Soon, only 1/4 of the UE/Zachit fleet was left. But there was worse news; the UE and Zachit were totally unable to send reinforcements, and the few that did try to get into the Ji Nebula, were easily picked off by the Corocian and Renegade ships guarding the Ji Nebula. And the Demon had suffered almost no damage.

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 02-12-2001).)

Hmmm, I was going to revoke my post, but it seems you let it go through.. But it doesn't matter, because now you are going to have to revoke several of your own... Why? Because the Zachit have not attacked yet. HREKKA IS IN THE WAY. They can't get into the Ji yet!! Neither I nor Tycho said that the Zacha fleet had attacked. I gave orders for Hrekka to be attacked, not F-25. So now it's your turn to revoke a few, because I would not send such a small fleet after someone who had gathered so much technology.

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

Carno, the limpets worked earlier in the fight because they were a surprise. You didn't know what was going on. They didn't work on the Supercruiser, cause you knew that they were coming and were ready for them. And for your information, I attacked you because you 1) aided the Voinians, whom we are at war with. 2) Destroyed several UE ships. 3) have very powerful technology and you would probably have crushed us if we had allowed you to grow into a real empire. 4) You're probably going to crush us anyway. 5) If you meant no harm to us and just wanted to get on good terms with the Voinians, then you should have made that clear before we thought of you as a threat. Not because I was losing to the Voinians, or because I lost my temper. Chill.

Alien, Tycho said he had a fleet ready for the attack on Hrekka. We didn't know we'd be pounced by the Corocians.

The combined UE-Zacha fleet retreats back into Zachit space for repairs. Plans are laid to get rid of C.R.S. Demon Supercruiser that poses such a threat to the North Tip.

Back at Sol, UE scientists have found the key to applying enough pressure to fold the ore. UE ships are now being manufactured with three times as much armor as they had before. The captured Voinian Dreadnought has been refitted with highly advanced shield technology, and some extra manueverability, speed, and accel thrusters.

------------------

Carno, I think you're taking this story too seriously. Take a deep breath, and count to five. Or ten. Whatever. Okay, you don't need to do that, but just keep your cool. Remember, it's only for fun.

------------------

37.70 million credits, growing by 1 million daily
The attack on Om was a success. The militia were easily defeated by the large forces of the renegades, and the planet is largely uninhabited except for monks, who are indifferent to the pirates and benifit slightly from the takeover (the influx of Saalian brandy, to be precise.) Increased pirate influence in that area increases net pirate profits by .05 million credits.
Now that we have an alliance with the Corocians, we can extend our blackmarket sales of illegal substances and contraband weapons even further, increasing net profits by .05 million credits.
The defensive station orbiting Kayia is now showing signs of being finished more quickly than expected- once traders found out that the pirates wouldn't attack ships coming into the system bearing metal. The work goes faster and the station will be finished in three days at this rate.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Anyway, Samurai, those UE ships that I destroyed attacked me first, and remember, I'm an Igadzra! I'm paranoid about anyone! I gave the Renegades, Azdgari, and Voinians some of my technology because they helped me, so I'm helping them. The Voinians and Azdgari provided shelter for some of the Corocians rebels, so I gave them some technology. I gave the Renegades some technology because they helped protect me.

And you assume too much. You think that I would crush you. You're wrong. I don't know what I'm going to do. However, now since you've attacked me, you've damaged relations between us that might never be repaired. If I attack you, it'll be your fault, not mine.

And besides, only the Renegades knew about all my excellent technology. The Igadzra are very secretive, so, Carnotaur kept all this technology a secret, with the exception of the Renegades.

--------------

After the battle, Carnotaur immediately set to work on building a bigger fleet, and repairing the limited damage that the Demon had gotten. Carnotaur also sent one million credits to the Voinians, Azdgari, and Renegades for their help in defending the Corocians.

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 02-12-2001).)

Hey Captain Carntaur I'm not just UE research and Alien relations, I'm a UE Admiral too.

------------------
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all into the darkness and bind them, in the land of mordor where the shadows lie."
Check out the upcomming Lord of the Rings Movies at (url="http://"http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html")http://www.lordofthe...s.net/home.html(/url)

No, samurai, Tycho hasn't posted.. I'm rather curious of where he is really..

But anyway, the Zachit have not attack Carno's area.. They are now pressing on Hrekka..

Zacha Fleet-
6 Zacha Crescent warships
7 Zachiras
12 Zachit Aradas

The moments the ships jump in, Hrekka's defense systems scramble as their scanners go completely nuts at the sight of the Zachit fleet.. Never had the Zacha attacked like this, they had mostly been defensive in their exploits.. driving back forces, but never attacking bases..

One of the warships immediately engaged all it's thrusters and pelted toward the orbital station.. Cannons blazed back and forth between the ship and the station, but the ship peirced through right as it's shields went down.. It manuvered and slammed it's docking clamp into one of the station's airlocks. The crew of ths ship had been preparing for this. They set the ships turrents to auto and EVERYONE abandoned ship, piling into the station!! The ship exploded into a ball of fire and dospect armor right as the last few members exited the clamp..

While the battle raged outside, the platoons of the Zacha shock troops were making their way to the command section..

The Zacha vessals had made full use of the dospect armor given to them by the UE. Almost every vessal was equiped with it, all except the fighters which were to light for it.. The Aradas had to give up one launcher for their armor as well...

And I pass my turn.

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

Alien, you fail to realize that Hrekka has a massive defense fleet, and I gave the Renegades a bunch of powerful weapons technology, which would have blown you to bits.

------------------
--------------

After taking medium to heavy loses the Azdgari retreat back to their systems and get repairs and new ships that had been building while the attacks on Crocian territotory had been made were now ready and using the new forces that were twice as much as the loses taken at the hand of the UE/Zachit forces the azdgari made successful attacks on the Neholl and Fluron systems taking only 3 AW and 15 Azdaras as loses. Then as a test an AW is fitted out with borb turrets, seeing the successful difference I am putting 1 million creds a day to upgradin all AWs to borb turrets. My income is now 1.65 million because of the successful takeover of the two Zidagar worlds.

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Carno, SHUT THE H%LL UP. I WAS HAVING A GOOD TIME READING THE STORY UNTIL I SEE YOUR STUPID ARGUMENTS AND YOUR STUPID PUT DOWNS. You always do this no matter what story you are in. Count your last twenty posts and see how many times you have told others they were wrong. Just go with the story, you can't win every battle.
--------------
Continuatian: Deep inside the UE secret research facility on Asteroid 51 Daedalus jolted awake. He looked around the tank where is battered body had spent the most of the last 3 month. Outside the tank doctors and technicians watched him and monitered his vital signs. Daedalus heard a voice in his ear, "Welcome back, the precedure was a success. I guess you could call yourself a cyborg now. Forgive us for undergoing the operation but you were too far from life to ask permission. It was either this or death. Now you have only one mission. Use your powers to aid the UE."
Daedalus: "What have you done to me? Let me out of here NOW!!"
Technician: "Sir, he is resisting our control, he has tapped his bio cell and is using it to short out the control circuitry. I think he has been concious longer than we thought. Better clear out, if I don't release him he will break out."
Doctor: "Everyone clear out, call in the guards we must detain him."
<Klaxxons>
Amidst the blairing Klaxxons Daedalus smashed through his tank, whatever liquid that was in it flooded the floor. In frontt of him was a contingent of guards.
Guard: "Surrender or we'll shoot!!"
Daedalus: "Ha ha, Shooting does nothing if you can't hit."
With that Daedalus was amidst the guards dodging their punchs and bashing their heads together. Soon they all lay about him unconscious, no casualties. Picking up an automatic blaster and a few grenades, Daedalus ran for the docking bay. After tapping into the security interlock daedalus boarded a fighter that had obviously been modified for him and took off into the vastness of space where he wandered aimlessly, no longer a true human.

------------------
----------------------
Give them shell! give them solid shot! Damn them, give them anything!

Then, suddenly, all power on his little fighter went dead.

"WHAT?! What happened?" Daedalus the cyborg yelled in rage.

Suddenly, an Igazra vessel, colored green instead of red and blue instead of yellow, decloaked and locked onto Daedalus's fighter with a tractor beam. Then, it towed it into its docking bay. Daedalus got out, and prepared to fight with the weapons he had. Unfortunately, he realized the troops he was facing her professionals. They carried phase beamers, although they were Igadzra, Zidagar, and Azdgari, that were set on wide beam, so Daedalus couldn't escape them.

Then, one of the Azdgari approached Daedalus, phase beamer ready. "Freeze! Don't move! Drop your weapons immediately!"

Daedalus, seeing he would never get out of this alive, agreed, and dropped his weapons (and the grenades) to the floor. Then, the Azdgari spoke again. "I'm Captain Scorcher, commander of the Corocian Rebel Navy, second in command of the entire Corocian Rebels. Captain Carnotaur has sent me here to tell you that he understands your situation, and that he now wishes for you to join his side and his navy. You can be free from the people who mutated you. What do you say?"

------------------
--------------

Thunder was in a spaceport on Mira, standing next to a brand new merchant arada. He could hardly believe it was his. Today was the day Thunder had spent the last three years preparing for. Finally he'd saved enough credits to buy an arada and outfit it with two fuel tanks, a fuel scoop, an IFF decoder, and a density scanner. Grinning, ran his hand along the side of the newly christened S.S. Prism.

Shaking the hand of the ship dealer who sold the arada to him, Thunder handed him a credstick to cover the cost of the ship, and in return recieved a data pad with the ship's command codes, the equivalent of keys to a car. With the pad in hand, Thunder rushed down the hall to meet up with his two best friends, who he'd recruited to be his crew. Together they'd go out and try and make a name and a life for themselves.

"So, did you get it?" One of the men in the room asked.

"Yeah!" Thunder replied, excitedly. "I've got the command codes right here."

All right! When do we leave?"

"Well, first I've got to put out an ad in the classifieds. We leave when we get someone to offer us a job."

Thunder walked over to a computer kiosk on the far wall and accessed the galactic job-net, and placed a classified ad reading as follows:

CLASSIFIEDS:

"Merchant for hire.
Cargo capacity of 60 tons. Will make deliveries to any system, dangerous missions accepted.
Contact Thunder at frequency 881-A17 if interested."

That done, Thunder posted the ad and he and his friends left, and returned to their apartments in a pleasant Miranu suburb to wait for someone to offer them a job.

------------------
Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he'll believe you.
Tell him a bench has wet paint on it, and he'll have to touch to be sure.