An EVO Story: The Dark Tide

41.9 Million!
You were very foolish, Titan...
YOU WERE UNSPECIFIC.
Okay. The Zacha fleet is blown away by a rogue Corocian Patrol and the victorious New Mira capturing fleet, part of which was returning to Hrekka from the conquest of New Mira. The Zachit fleet was totally destroyed by the superior renegade technology. Next time, Titan, please be more specific.
New Mira was conquered with relative ease, causing the Strandless and Kayians (who were sheltering there after the fall of Kayia) to flee down the crescent again, after suffering a humiliating defeat at the hands of the technologically superior renegades. Renegade superiority in that area is insured, raising profits by +.1 million.
42.0 million, growing by 1.2 million credits daily.
I just banned Renegades from attacking Frontier Express, realizing that these hardworking traders are struggling to survive joint renegade-voinian-evil UE capitalist attacks. Profits drop by .05 million credits.
42.0 million, growing by 1.05 million daily.
All Turncoats and Kraits have been replaced with the superior Dragons and Vipers. The Renegade known as the Nadir was seen last Thursday, only this time piloting an Azdgari Warship with dual phased beams. His old ship was found Monday drifting unpiloted near Unobot, with a note on the bridge saying "Put the **** thing in a museum." Renegades do not have museums, but it was docked with the defense station on Kayia as a "historical relic."
The end of the "weak" UE renegade age is on hand. Profits are increased by the total replacement by +.3 million credits in UE space.
42.3 million, growing by +1.35 million daily realtime.
Several shipments of space mines reached the NT renegades, although one of the ships was intercepted in the Paaren system as I mentioned before. If you want to stop losing your warships by continuing to send them into that system (Three UE destroyers, Seven fighters, and a carrier were destroyed in that system by space mines. I suggest you stop routine patrols there until the mines are totally clear, on Sunday realtime.)
The space mines are being placed on heavy-armored Aradas as I speak- these renegade minelayers are going to cause some havok when they are completed tomorrow now that the NT renegades have started mass-producing space mines.
And look out for the renegade Crescent warships Third Canine and King Sasquatch- they have been outfitted with Igazra shield generators and biological weapons. Although their captains plan on doing "a little lootin' and plunderin'" as they have before, they are also planning on following my orders diligently, so...
HARK UNTO THE NEW AGE OF GLORIOUS PIRACY!

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Can I be with the UE goverment and have a lot of authority? Sort of like the U.E.S. Incontrovertible. But still not dominating the galaxy.

------------------

<Message to Entropy>
<Good work Entropy! I have gotten reports that your Renegades are getting along fine. May we both live in prosprerity! (sp?)>
<End Message>

The second Corocian Supercruiser, the C.R.S. Appolyon, will be done in another five or six posts.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 02-16-2001).)

"Ten seconds to realspace." Thunder's tactical officer called out.

I'm activating the cloak now... "Thunder reported."

"Five... four... three... two... one... entering Hrekka."

In Hrekka there were several renegade vessels and even a Corocian vessel, plus several more docked at North Tip Station. None took notice of the Esperanto as it entered the system, unable to detect it through the UE cloak. Not wanting to give them a chance, Thunder immediately set a course for Hirith and the coordinates of the secret UE base. As his ship approached Hirith, Thunder reflected on how much the Esperanto resembled the Prism. Apparantely all aradas were built to the exact same specifications; there were no differences he'd noticed, at least. Skimming low over the surface, Thunder piloted the Esperanto into an inconspicuous cave hidden under the rim of a crater. After piloting through two or three kilometers of cave passage, the tunnel opened up into a large cavern. Thunder dropped cloak and requested landing clearance, but was immediately swarmed by three UE fighters.

"Hey, woah!" Thunder called out over the comm. "It's me, Thunder, here with Samurai's delivery!"

"Thunder? Our records show that your ship is called the 'Prism'."

"It was," Thunder explained, "but I was forced to trade the Prism for the Esperanto. It's a long story."

"Our scans of your ship confirm you're telling the truth. You can land in docking area 4."

---------------------

Thirty minutes later, after several UE dockworkers unloaded the secret cargo from the Esperanto's cargo hold, the UE officer in charge handed Thunder his pay and thanked him for his help. "Use that cloak of yours on the way out of here... we don't want the renegades getting wind of this place."

Following the officer's instructions, Thunder engaged his cloak and lifted off. Undetected, Thunder reached the edge of the system and entered hyperspace, setting a course for Zachit, where his next cargo mission would begin...

------------------
Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he'll believe you.
Tell him a bench has wet paint on it, and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Although Hirith is too inhospital to allow ships to land, and the UE could NEVER maintain a settlement on it, I'll just go along with the idea for now. But no more secret bases on planets that you can't even land on because the enviroment is too hostile.

--------------

Captain Scorcher was inspecting a new brigade of Corocian troops that had arrived at North Tip Station, when Commander Firebird ran up to him. "Scorcher, I have urgent news for you! Let's go talk in my office!"

In Firebird's office, he explained to Scorcher. "I was, along with several other scientists, working on a new scanner than could detect vessels in cloak. It was now in the prototype stage, so we cloaked a Corocian Arada (heavily modified Igadzra Arada), and began to scan for it. While we were recalibrating the scanner, we detected another vessel in cloak enter the system, and land on Hirith."

"WHAT?!? How did it do that??"

"We don't know, but we do know it was using a special device to mask its cargo. Although we don't know what ship it was, and what cargo it had, we know it landed on Hirith. Although we couldn't detect the cloaked Corocian Arada, the scanner was able to detect this ship. What do you want me to do?"

Scorcher thought for a moment. "Don't tell anyone about this. Call in a group of four Corocian Cruisers to this system, then go in your own Corocian Cruiser and personnally inform Carnotaur. Don't tell anyone else, though. Once Carnotaur gets back, we'll have the Demon obliterate the hidden base on Hirith, after we try to acertain who it is down there. Also, keep your scanner ready, scanning for any cloaked ships coming and going from Hirith."

"Yes sir!" Firebird replied, and walked out.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

I have lots of space mines...
The UE have a base where none should be...
I don't officially know about it, but if you told me about it, I could "deal" with it...

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

-------------------

Several weeks later, the Azdgari finally have enough supplies and materials to build; the Azdgari Supercruiser. Using the idea that seemed like a genius idea now and so was decided to try.

Here are the shipyard scale specs:

Name: Azdgari Supercruiser
Government: Azdgari
Speed: Slightly faster than AW
Looks like: Massive AW vessel that is seven times the size of a normal AW. However, it is a lot larger

Shields:3, 000
Armor: 1, 000
Shield Recharge: 100
Free Space: 150
Free Cargo: 245
Weapons:
1-Fifteen borb Turrets
2-Twelve SAE Launchers - 900 SAEs
3-Azdara Bay - 12 Azdara's

Cost: 20 million, EVO 40 million

<message to Capt. Carnotaur>
<highly encrypted>

I hope you dont mind me using your idea. I can cancel building if you are really displeased but wouldn't it to be good to come to your rescue because we are allies you know.

<end of message>

this will take a long time about 15 posts, maybe more if there are setbacks.

Using the far more powerful fleet the Azdgari fleet wipes out the Zidagar fleet with only a few escaping through the blockade around the system.

Azdgari loses:
4 AW
10 Azdaras
5 Azdgari Aradas

Zidagar loses:
30 Zidaras
68 Zidagar fighters

My income: stable 2.30 million a day

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

43.65 million, growing by +1.35 million daily realtime.
The bombers are done.
Will write more.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Scorcher orders his scientists to work more on developing newer and better spying technology, as well as fixing all the weaknesses of the C.R.S. Demon.

The C.R.S. Appollyon will be done in 5 posts.

------------------
--------------

Why are you meausring things in posts, not days? Anybody can spam to make the work go faster.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Action posts, not just any post. I have to make something happen.

------------------
--------------

Blaga spaceport was always quite busy, and today was no exception. Thunder and the crew of the Esperanto had to wait over two hours in a standard holding pattern before they were finally cleared to land. Once his ship finally touched down, Thunder disembarked and headed off to look for a Zachit representitive, to ask where he could pick up his cargo bound for Outpost Zachit.

------------------
Do not taunt the Happy Fun Ball. If Happy Fun Ball starts to smoke, run away and take cover.

I'm sorry, everyone, but this story is getting way too long. I'm closing it. Please start a new string called:
An EVO Story: The Dark Tide -- Part 2
and tell people to come to this string (and post the URL here) to find out what is happening before posting on the new one.
Jude

------------------
The Mac Gaming Bboard:
(url="http://"http://www.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?board_id=10420")http://www.gamers.co...?board_id=10420(/url)