EVC Wiki

Not sure how many people who use this board know me, but talking about me isn't what I'm here for. I'm presently the admin on the EVN Wiki and, recently, someone approached me there and asked for help with their new Wiki, which is about EVC. I do not have time to work on two wikis (I barely have time to do much on the EVN one), but I said I'd pass along the link and all to people who might. So, here I am saying that if you want to help build an EVC Wiki, there's one starting up. Giving it a glance, it looks like... ummm... well... let's just say it'll need A LOT of work to get it into any shape.

For anyone interested, here's the link.

Yeah, it needs work

I bet if you posted this to the Nova board, you'd get a bunch more interest.

Considering the creator cant even spell Confederate or Kestrel, I don't think it is going to last very long.
Also the info is kind of useless considering how few people play EVC, and how simple the game is compared to EVN

Ever heard of a typo? Don't be so harsh, they may have been tired or just had a bad day when they typed that up. Though, I will kind of agree with you on how few people still play EVC. That doesn't mean an EVC Wiki wouldn't be useful, though. What if someone in a game design/history class had to do a report on vintage computer games and picked EVC? Then that wiki, made accurate and complete, would be a major boon to their research.

I'd expand this if I were him to be the EVC and EVO wiki. EVO needs love too.

Yeah, EVC’s universe really isn’t that complex (though highly awesome), a wiki for it would be rather small and most EVC players are completely familiar with it anyway. I agree with PsykSama in that an EVO wiki might actually be worthwhile, especially if combined with an EVC one.

Honestly, a straight up Escape Velocity wiki - with info on all the games, ships, and prominent plugs - would be a fantastic site.

@buzzzzy, on 12 February 2011 - 06:17 PM, said in EVC Wiki:

Yeah, EVC’s universe really isn’t that complex (though highly awesome), a wiki for it would be rather small and most EVC players are completely familiar with it anyway. I agree with PsykSama in that an EVO wiki might actually be worthwhile, especially if combined with an EVC one.

And all that would have to be done is rename the EVN wiki and allow for additional content beyond EVN

you know, they could probably be better served if they did what the fallout wiki does, and make each game it's own separate subdirectory. instead of the evn wiki, it would be the escape velocity wiki, with evc, evo, and evn all in one. would make sense. especially since both evc and evo are plugins of evn.

This post has been edited by antihero : 28 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

It's a good idea, even if the game isn't played that much anymore. Simply because it's a good place to keep a record of the games existence.