red/green triangles

cause im 'tarded

on the map, what do the red/green triangles mean. i've looked through the docs and cant find it, because i am retarded. so if someone can tell me it would be appreciated. thanks,dave. :blink: :blink:

QUOTE (qarloclobrigny @ Feb 21 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on the map, what do the red/green triangles mean. i've looked through the docs and cant find it, because i am retarded. so if someone can tell me it would be appreciated. thanks,dave. :blink: :blink:

I'll save you! :leno:

The green triangles point at the system you need to go to for a mission that you may accept, the red triangles point at the system you need to go to for a mission that you have accepted.

Also, I'll thank you not to insult the mentally disabled. Unless you are actually retarded, please don't call yourself retarded.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 21 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

thanks for the reply,and while not quite stupid i do have atough time thinking straight. does taking medication count? :huh:

Depends on the medication, but whatever it may be, you should not talk about what medications you take here nor anywhere online. It's a safety thing.

now safety IS one way of looking at it. but there is a certain freedom in being open. as well as the fact that my being open and forward has helped folks who might otherwise have continued being miserable. but i do APPRECIATE your concern and i'll discuss it no more. now about the game, i bought a copy many years ago, played for awhile and then forgot it. but, in refurbing an old mac i rediscovered the fun. However from some of the posts, it sounds like i am nowhere near playing this game to its full potential. any hints, tips etc, would be appreciated

What did you have in mind?

(OT)
not to dig myself a quagmire, but!
calling yourself, or someone/thing else retarded is not insulting beings who may have some form of mental retardation.
ie. flame retardants, etc, have absolutely nothing to do with mental retardation.
(/OT)

QUOTE (Tycho @ Mar 22 2010, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

calling yourself, or someone/thing else retarded is not insulting beings who may have some form of mental retardation. ie. flame retardants, etc, have absolutely nothing to do with mental retardation.

The connexion is that a flame retardant retards (slows down) a fire, and 'mentally retarded' was similarly a polite way of saying 'slow'.

Generally, it's considered insulting to any group if you insult people by suggesting they belong to it. That's why the terms related to mental illness change so often: 'idiot', 'imbecile', 'moron', and 'retard' were all once neutral medical terms, but became useless because people adopted them as pejoratives.