Everything EV

Experts needed!

Alright, you're here, so hopefully you're an expert. All I am asking for is complete information on every person, government, and event in the EVC universe. That's not too much to ask, is it? <_<

Okay, you personally don't have to put everything, or even a lot. Even one small piece of info helps. 😉 Thanks.

I already know the basics; I know, for example, a good amount about the general story; I also have a good knowledge of the standard ships and outfits. What I'm looking for is more info on the governments -- especially the aliens. But more detailed info on the Confed and Rebellion is nice as well.

An example of what I'm looking for is answers to questions such as, who is the leader of the Rebellion? The Confederation? etc., etc., etc.

Watch yourself when you're in the Serpens Nebula - the interference can hide incoming pirates until it's too late.

Once I saw the great space parrot, coming out of the shadow of Arcturus VII. Go ahead and laugh, but it was there, bigger than all the moons of Saturn.

There's a ship in EV called the "Argosy."

I've had enough of your shenanigans. << I'm serious. What don't you understand about ' ** I already know the basics** '?! <<

C'mon, I had intended for this to be a 'general information' topic. Just post whatever -- but be serious about it already! You're startin' to kinda piss me off. << << <_<

Honestly, the only person who is going to know anything that's not already in the scenario is Matt Burch, and I haven't seen him on the forums in years. So your best bet is just going to be dumping all the descs from the scenario and reading them; then, when you're done, anything that's missing is unknown and you can make something up to fill it in.

@starbridge21, on Apr 13 2007, 04:06 PM, said in Everything EV:

I've had enough of your shenanigans. << I'm serious. What don't you understand about ' ** I already know the basics** '?! <<

C'mon, I had intended for this to be a 'general information' topic. Just post whatever -- but be serious about it already! You're startin' to kinda piss me off. << << <_<

Posted Image

@sierro, on Apr 13 2007, 07:05 PM, said in Everything EV:

Posted Image

Awsomeness.

Sierro wins hardcore.

Ugh, I give up. Leave me alone. I'll figure it all out myself, ya jerks. Don't try to save me any time or effort or anything.

Listen to what Derakon said. There's nothing anyone can tell you that isn't in the game descriptions - if it isn't there then I doubt even Matt would know now. I can tell you the leaders are not known.

Yes, but I don't have time to be reading through all 300+ descriptions in EV! I'm trying to learn how to make plug-ins, while simultaneously writing a plug-in, and then there's all this crap going on in real life -- I won't have much spare time until Summer. I just wanted to get some background information on all the EV/EVO stories, as I already know most of what there is to know about EVN.

You've frankly asked a ludicrous question, though. Let me summarize the mental translation I gave it when you asked it.

"Hi. I want to know everything significant about the EVC scenario. There are some aspects that I already know, and I don't want to be told about them, but I won't tell you what they are. I also won't define the term "significant". I'm asking you all because, despite the fact that all the information is readily available, I'm too lazy to look it up myself."

Now you've said that you don't have time to go look things up yourself, but certainly before you gave no indication of that, hence the laziness. Even excepting that, though, you really need to narrow your request way down, as there's tons of details in the EVC scenario (and even more in the EVO scenario) and nobody's going to simply do a brain dump into the thread.

Honestly there's only two reasonable ways for you to get the information you want. The first is for you to ask specific questions with limited scopes (for example, "Who was the leader of the Confederation?") that people wouldn't need to compile an encyclopedia to answer. And the second is for you to go read the data files.

Spica is a world shrouded by toxic clouds and a choking atmosphere. The uridium miners who work here have the highest fatality rate of any in the galaxy, as even a brief accidental exposure to SpicaÂ’s atmosphere is instantly fatal.

You also haven't explained why you want to know all this. I mean it does seem a bit odd, considering the three EVs are not connected :huh:. But yeah, ask specific questions. I expect most of us would have to look in the data files ourselves to find answers though.

This post has been edited by Guy : 14 April 2007 - 01:12 AM

Or play through the entire game, perhaps?

@starbridge21, on Apr 13 2007, 11:41 PM, said in Everything EV:

Yes, but I don't have time to be reading through all 300+ descriptions in EV!

Oh, and we do?

@derakon, on Apr 14 2007, 01:46 AM, said in Everything EV:

"Hi. I want to know everything significant about the EVC scenario. There are some aspects that I already know, and I don't want to be told about them, but I won't tell you what they are. I also won't define the term "significant". I'm asking you all because, despite the fact that all the information is readily available, I'm too lazy to look it up myself."

When exactly did I say 'significant'? I can't find that word in any post of mine. Anyway, I do want to know everything significant about the EVC scenario, where significant means all characters who have names (what their names are and what they do), all governments (their positions in the war, what kind of methods they use, who they support/oppose), and all story lines (any events during the stories that you think are important and how they end).

Now you've said that you don't have time to go look things up yourself, but certainly before you gave no indication of that, hence the laziness.

Well I shouldn't have had to say why I didn't know the things I didn't know. It's not your place to think I'm lazy; if you don't want to answer my questions, don't post on this thread. It's like the expression: If you haven't got anything nice (or in this case, constructive) to say, don't say anything.

Even excepting that, though, you really need to narrow your request way down, as there's tons of details in the EVC scenario (and even more in the EVO scenario) and nobody's going to simply do a brain dump into the thread.

It's not hard to think up a single fact about EV, like 'this is how the Confed story ended' and type it up. Really, people are putting more effort into giving me stupid, useless answers than you'd have to put into typing up a single fact you remember.

Honestly there's only two reasonable ways for you to get the information you want. The first is for you to ask specific questions with limited scopes (for example, "Who was the leader of the Confederation?") that people wouldn't need to compile an encyclopedia to answer. And the second is for you to go read the data files.

No time. I'm not going to say it again. And I'm not asking for an encyclopedia, I'm asking for anything at all. Really, by asking a broad-ranged question, it makes it easier for you to answer. You don't have to sit and think 'what's the answer to that?' Just the first thing you think of -- that is relevant to my specifications, of course -- you can type down and you're done. That's it.

@mrxak, on Apr 14 2007, 01:51 AM, said in Everything EV:

Spica is a world shrouded by toxic clouds and a choking atmosphere. The uridium miners who work here have the highest fatality rate of any in the galaxy, as even a brief accidental exposure to Spica’s atmosphere is instantly fatal.

This is the perfect example of both something that is irrelevant and of someone going out of their way to write something irrelevant.

@guy, on Apr 14 2007, 02:09 AM, said in Everything EV:

You also haven't explained why you want to know all this. I mean it does seem a bit odd, considering the three EVs are not connected :huh:.

Just curious. 😉 I'd like to know more about the other games; you never know where you will find sources of twists or inspiration.

@jacabyte, on Apr 14 2007, 11:30 AM, said in Everything EV:

Or play through the entire game, perhaps?

Yeah. Because that wouldn't take a long time.

@sierro, on Apr 14 2007, 05:23 PM, said in Everything EV:

Oh, and we do?

No, of course not. You just have to put here something you already know. Don't go out of your way to find any info. Just put what you already know. Anything relevant, even if it's small.

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 14 April 2007 - 11:52 PM

@starbridge21, on Apr 14 2007, 10:50 PM, said in Everything EV:

No, of course not. You just have to put here something you already know. Don't go out of your way to find any info. Just put what you already know. Anything relevant, even if it's small.

There's a ship in EV called the "Clipper."

@starbridge21, on Apr 15 2007, 12:50 AM, said in Everything EV:

** Anything relevant**

There is nothing relevant about clippers ya jerk. And don't even think about saying otherwise just to be a smart---, I've had it with your stupid answers, you know it's not what I'm looking for. I could get better information out of a third grader; too bad for you I don't know any third graders who play EV.

Starbridge, your question is broad – so broad that one could go on for quite some time detailing an answer.. How about, instead of asking for everything at once, start small and work your way up? That way Sierro will stop making fun of you, and more people might help. 🙂