Weapons?

What weapons do you think should be added to EVO? (yes, this post has a point)

------------------

An upgrade from the needle missile, better accuracy and does a weeny bit moe damage, could be available after a renegade mission string.

------------------
Oh, I'm sorry. Did that break your concentration?
I didn't mean to do that.
Please, continue.
I believe you were saying something about "best intentions."
-Jules. Pulp Fiction

(url (url="http://"http://www.secretchimpboard.cjb.net/")Secret)http://www.secretchi...cjb.net/)Secret(/url) Chimps Funk-O-Rific Forum(/url) Visit it now! It's much better than UBB!

Fix your sig

(This message has been edited by Chamrin (edited 07-04-2000).)

Sideswiper missiles 😄 (this weapon is top secret. do not use it. information on this subject is completly classified).

Seriously though, torpedos would be cool. I mean like huge @$$ rockets that are slow as he!! but have unlimited range and heavy hitting power :D!

------------------
Feel the Jive
------------------
I'm not as think
as you stupid I am.
------------------

Une portée illimitée serait un peu dure si on se faisait chasser en męme temps par 5 ou 6 croiseurs. Męme dans EV, elles ont une portée limitée, les torpilles.

An illimited range would be quite hard, if you gote chased by 5-6 cruisers at the same time, no ? Even in EV, torpedoes have a limited range.

------------------
Stupid, stupid voinian creatures.

Something flakky

------------------
"Let's do this!"
-Styth
Titan A.E.

Custard Pies

------------------
rřß

A Giant Potato LauncherŽ! (If you have absolutely no idea of what I'm talking about, read the thread Tell a Story...).

------------------
"U.E.S. Iron Fist, request permission to dock."
"Permission denied."
"Up yours, Voinian scum!"

Originally posted by Cotton Moose:
**Something flakky

I agree. The flak guns are cool in Ares.

------------------
Better watch your back, cause I'm comin with my FLAK! ~Unreal Tournament

Holds Grudges-On

Originally posted by Iron Fist:
**A Giant Potato LauncherŽ! (If you have absolutely no idea of what I'm talking about, read the thread Tell a Story...).

LOL do the patato up the tail pipe rutine?? or just to see their sheilds be splatered with tater peices LOL

------------------
Hail Odin,
where he gose victory and
glory follow. The old
gods are not dead and are
regaining rightful
places!! Hail the old Hail the new and hail the futur.

It's nice to have a secondary weapon where the ammo costs, but doesn't weigh. There's needle missile of course, but everyone hates them. The launcher might be small and light enough, but they never hit their targets any more!

I miss the javelin missile launchers of EV - I'd rather have an unguided, dumb javelin missile weapon than a swirly-swirly alleged homing missile, EVO style.

The other wonderful little outfit from EV that didn't make it into EVO was the flare launcher. When you go to war with the UE, believe me, you'd give a lot to have one of those on board.

EV3 Wish list: Outfits and ammo that take up fractions of a tonne. For example, needle missiles would weigh a few kilos each, and dispersal rockets and pursuit missiles need not weigh exactly the same.

------------------
"I wear a helmet
But I've got a bare chest
I do some talking
My phaser does the rest
Don't like your tentacles
Don't like your face
Don't like your planet
Think I'll lay it to waste
'Coz I'm Rambo in Space
Yeah, I'm Rambo in Space"

Put in something similar to the plasma siphon, only total 360ű coverage. This would make a great anti-fighter weapon.

------------------

Pardon me for sounding dumb, but what is a flak gun???

Thanks,
Mike

------------------
"No! Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

"Impossible is a word Humans use far too often." -Seven of Nine

In real life, a flak gun is an anti-aircraft artillery. It never really hit it's target, a direct blow would be fatal to almost ANY aircraft, but in truth, it usual hit in the area of the plane, sending shrapnel everywhere!! It also had incredibly long range..

In EVO, I think someone made a plug for a flak-gun add-on... I thought it sucked...

------------------
Very funny, now beam down my clothes. These ladies look rest-less..... uh-oh...

Originally posted by Nadekim:
**Pardon me for sounding dumb, but what is a flak gun???

Thanks,
Mike

Flak is from the German for anti-aircraft artillery "Flieger Abwehr Kannonen" = aircraft defense cannon, abbreviated "FlAK". Later the term was applied to the shell bursts from these guns. Shells were set to explode when they had traveled a certain distance (actually time) from the gun. If estimates of planes' speed and altitude were correct, the shells would explode near enough to the planes for fragments to hit them. Later shells contained radar proximity fuses and exploded when they came close to a target.

In EVO "flak" refers to weapons that explode at a certain distance from the launcher.

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Thanks!

Mike

------------------
"No! Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

"Impossible is a word Humans use far too often." -Seven of Nine

Don't the Emaghia use flaks?

btw, you can use the Sideswiper. Think of an SAD launcher but with better guidance. Instead of little orbs though, they are missiles (like needle missiles) that do more damage. They way 1 ton or less each and the launcher is 15 tons. The concept is to fire more then one missile at a time so that the needles do more damage. I called them sideswipers because they launch from the side and swipe into the side of the enemies hull.

Another top secret gun. Ion Cannons. They weigh 1 ton each and have very light damage but since they weigh alot less, you can put more secondary weapons and outfits.

------------------
Feel the Jive
------------------
I'm not as think
as you stupid I am.

"If it weren't for my horse
I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
-Lewis Black

(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number;=20&forum;=*EV/EVO+chronicles&DaysPrune;=25&article;=000036&startpoint;=")Captain's Journal: Pike (Part 1)(/url)
------------------