Vonian Missions

Does anyone know if you can participate in storylines with the Voninan Empire? If so, how do you start them?

------------------

get a mostly harmless or better combat rating, and go to pax, in the dogover system. You must not have completed any of the UE vs Voinian missions.

------------------
"Not an Electric Sausage" Marvin

"Happiness is a warm gun"-John Lennon

I am a proud member of Dogbert's New Ruling Class

You know, the Voinian Empire is going to win in the end. The Earth and its allies shall be smashed to radioactive dust. Dude has the right idea: join us now, and we'll go easier on you and your families. Resist, and you will be vaporised - or worse!

Sickened by your corrupt, weak government? With a world at the mercy of traders and other money-grubbing merchants? You should be.

Voinia invites humans who have seen the light to report to Pax station. Be warned: those who have formerly committed crimes against the Voinian Empire will be put into the Photon Excruciator... for the others, immense opportunities await.

------------------
"I wear a helmet
But I've got a bare chest
I do some talking
My phaser does the rest
Don't like your tentacles
Don't like your face
Don't like your planet
Think I'll lay it to waste
'Coz I'm Rambo in Space
Yeah, I'm Rambo in Space"

Voinians Rule.
However, after I complete the Voinan mission where at the end it says. "But of course, this top secret project is too important for a human to be involved." or something like that, where do I go to get the next mission?

Voinians Rule.
However, after I complete the Voinan mission where at the end it says. "But of
course, this top secret project is too important for a human to be involved."
or something like that, where do I go to get the next mission?

You go get the Plug "Reign of the Voinians" or "Reign II". There are no more Voinian missions in the unmodified game.

K I beat Reign, and I'm into Reign 2. How do I solvethe "Flank Akaine(sp?)" mission? I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do.

------------------

I just got into the Reign of the Voinian plug and have gotten the first mission, the delivery one. Where do I get the second mission? I got a Voinian Cruiser outifitted with Voinian, UE, Zidara, Igdarza, Azdari, and Miranu technology. Want to use this ship which is virtually invincible to bring death to the "loyal" humans of the United Earth.

------------------
-- Greg
-- AIM Screenname: Food Velocity
-- E-Mail: foodvelocity@mac.com
-- Website: (url="http://"http://sites.netscape.net/foodvelocity/index")http://sites.netscap...dvelocity/index(/url)
--"In the frozen bowels of hell, you will be flogged." -Greg Anderson

Originally posted by SteveVo8a:
**K I beat Reign, and I'm into Reign 2. How do I solvethe "Flank Akaine(sp?)" mission? I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do.

My problem exactly. Here is what I found looking at the misn, spob, and syst resources:

The "Flank Ariane" mission (misn 432) requires you not to land on Knox (spob 148) as it says in the description, but in Knox's Atmosphere (spob 419) (use the '2' key to target it). This is an extra port in the ReignII version of Mestor (syst 148). The Mestor system requires visibility bit 485 to be cleared. There is another version of Mestor (syst 460) which requires visibility bit 485 to be set (a future mission, since this one uses mission bit 427).

However, in the version I am playing (EVO 1.0.2), I only have Knox in the Mestor system, so I can't complete this mission. :frown:

Does it hurt playing ReignII that I have completed the Zachit string (no more Rock), and the North Tip renegade string (no more Outpost Zachit)? I also decided to side with the Miranu on the first Voinian attack on Mira (misn 428), before changing my mind when I found I could continue the Voinian string (starting with misn 427).

I'd like to add to my last comment:

I started a new pilot (EVO 1.0.2) and went to Mestor. Only Knox is available! Shouldn't I be able to select Knox's Atmosphere, so I can do the later Flank Ariane mission? I thought earlier it was because I did some Miranu missions, but that can't be the case for a new pilot. I have both Reign I (1.0.1) and II (1.0.2) in my plugins folder. I also have Lightning Jump, QuickJump, and EVO Boom plugins installed.

Hey, Bomb, what's up with this? (Also a suggestion: make the Voinian missions pay more. Otherwise, we are tempted to do the Miranu missions to make good loot for buying a cruiser. Other suggestions: disable the Voinian raids on UE outposts since we already own them, and scale down the UE fleets in New Voinia; it's too hard to land!)

Originally posted by Benedict:
**I'd like to add to my last comment:

I started a new pilot (EVO 1.0.2) and went to Mestor. Only Knox is available! Shouldn't I be able to select Knox's Atmosphere, so I can do the later Flank Ariane mission? I thought earlier it was because I did some Miranu missions, but that can't be the case for a new pilot. I have both Reign I (1.0.1) and II (1.0.2) in my plugins folder. I also have Lightning Jump, QuickJump, and EVO Boom plugins installed.

Hey, Bomb, what's up with this? (Also a suggestion: make the Voinian missions pay more. Otherwise, we are tempted to do the Miranu missions to make good loot for buying a cruiser. Other suggestions: disable the Voinian raids on UE outposts since we already own them, and scale down the UE fleets in New Voinia; it's too hard to land!)**

I may be interfering here when I know nothing (wouldn't be the first time), but doesn't Reign II demand that you haven't done the Miranu missions? Check the manual, sure I read it there. Haven't got round to the plug yet, so can't help further.

------------------
if you see me grinning from
my blue Volks
running a yellow light
driving straight into the sun
I will be locked in the
arms of a
crazy life

Charles Bukowski.
'one for the shoeshine man'

**I'd like to add to my last comment:

Hey, Bomb, what's up with this? (Also a suggestion: make the Voinian missions pay more. Otherwise, we are tempted to do the Miranu missions to make good loot for buying a cruiser. Other suggestions: disable the Voinian raids on UE outposts since we already own them, and scale down the UE fleets in New Voinia; it's too hard to land!)**

I'm fairly certain that Knox's atmosphere becomes available later, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I took a look at the plug, and in fact, I don't even have a copy on my new computer.

The Voinians were always stingy, evidenced by the amount their stock EVO missions pay. Still, the pay-off towards the end is fairly good.
I'll check out the Voinian raids, though they shouldn't appear at all, since they require a destination system belonging to the UE frontier. As for the last item, sorry, I did that purposely to show that humans won't give up on their homeworld easily. Still, I'll d/l the plug tonight and take a look. And if it's a ridiculous amount, as it probably is, I'll tone it down.

I didn't think Reign II would ever need another version, but if I get enough bugs (at bombcat_@hotmail.com) I'll do another full release of it, plus any requests, if I get time.

/Bomb

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I did some of the missions in "Reign I" and was doing just fine untill I got to the "Find Anna Bashlova" (or whatever the heck her name is) and I CAN'T FIND HER! I have bribed(or taken over all the U.E. systems) so I could land and I haven't found her yet. I have looked at all th planets between U.E. and miranu space and I am now doing a system by system check of all the cresent systems. HELP!!!

Lonevoienian

Originally posted by Lonevoienian:
**I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I did some of the missions in "Reign I" and was doing just fine untill I got to the "Find Anna Bashlova" (or whatever the heck her name is) and I CAN'T FIND HER! I have bribed(or taken over all the U.E. systems) so I could land and I haven't found her yet. I have looked at all th planets between U.E. and miranu space and I am now doing a system by system check of all the cresent systems. HELP!!!

Lonevoienian**

Land at Freeport.

------------------
-- Greg
-- AIM Screenname: Food Velocity
-- E-Mail: foodvelocity@mac.com
-- Website: (url="http://"http://sites.netscape.net/foodvelocity/index")http://sites.netscap...dvelocity/index(/url)
--"In the frozen bowels of hell, you will be flogged." -Greg Anderson

Hmm, it's all very well working for the Voinians; fame, fortune and a big, spiky cruiser... but I have to say that I'm struggling to slip Zachit fighters the Python. Even with full-on afterburner and engine upgrades. In fact, to be honest, you'd struggle to give an Emalgha squadron the Python.

Originally posted by Bomb:
**I'm fairly certain that Knox's atmosphere becomes available later, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I took a look at the plug, and in fact, I don't even have a copy on my new computer.

snip

I didn't think Reign II would ever need another version, but if I get enough bugs (at bombcat_@hotmail.com) I'll do another full release of it, plus any requests, if I get time.

/Bomb**

I was wondering whether this is an effect of the order in which plugins load. The Mestor system which contains Knox is defined in three places: the original EVO Data file, "Reign of the Voinians 1.0", and "Reign II-Shades of Evil 1.0.2". Only Reign II has the extra Knox's Atmosphere spob. When both Reign I and Reign II are in the Plugins folder, "Reign II..." comes before "Reign of..." alphabetically. Does this mean that the Reign I version of Mestor will be loaded last, overwriting the desired Reign II version of Mestor?

Also if you rerelease Reign I, please add to the readme not to do any UE or Miranu (or North Tip) missions, so that Reign II is playable. Also, is it OK to do the first Miranu trade missions? These are the 1) Miranu/UE relations, 2) Miranu trade mission from Blaga. These are nice to have to get the high paying trade missions.

**I was wondering whether this is an effect of the order in which plugins load. The Mestor system which contains Knox is defined in three places: the original EVO Data file, "Reign of the Voinians 1.0", and "Reign II-Shades of Evil 1.0.2". Only Reign II has the extra Knox's Atmosphere spob. When both Reign I and Reign II are in the Plugins folder, "Reign II..." comes before "Reign of..." alphabetically. Does this mean that the Reign I version of Mestor will be loaded last, overwriting the desired Reign II version of Mestor?

That was the problem! Here is how to fix it:

Rename "Reign of the Voinians 1.0" to "Reign I of the Voinians 1.0". Now "Reign II..." will load last. The only problem is that my Voinian Cruiser now only has the standard armament (six instead of eight proton cannons) :frown:. Ah well, can't have everything (time to capture a pirate warship...)

Question: is it safe to remove the Reign I plugin altogether? This could be made more clear in the Reign II readme.

**That was the problem! Here is how to fix it:

Rename "Reign of the Voinians 1.0" to "Reign I of the Voinians 1.0". Now "Reign II..." will load last. The only problem is that my Voinian Cruiser now only has the standard armament (six instead of eight proton cannons) :frown:. Ah well, can't have everything (time to capture a pirate warship...)

Question: is it safe to remove the Reign I plugin altogether? This could be made more clear in the Reign II readme.**

Hmph. :frown: This is still not working... if I load Reign I first, then the Sol system is screwed up (not New Voinia anymore). If I load Reign II first, then Knox Atmosphere is missing. It looks like the system visbits are not used the same between Reign I and Reign II which screws things up when you start playing Reign II.

Has anyone been able to play Reign II all the way through on EVO 1.0.2? Did plugin resource loading change from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2?

**Hmph.:( This is still not working... if I load Reign I first, then the Sol system is screwed up (not New Voinia anymore). If I load Reign II first, then Knox Atmosphere is missing. It looks like the system visbits are not used the same between Reign I and Reign II which screws things up when you start playing Reign II.

Has anyone been able to play Reign II all the way through on EVO 1.0.2? Did plugin resource loading change from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2?**

I've played through Reign I using 1.0.2 completely without any problems, and I'm about to start Reign II. There shouldn't be any major changes when it comes to resources, but for now, leave both plug-ins in the folder. Reign II alone should have all of Reign I's resources, but some people have complained it doesn't, so until I figure it out, just leave both.

/Bomb

Originally posted by /Bomb:
**I've played through Reign I using 1.0.2 completely without any problems, and I'm about to start Reign II. There shouldn't be any major changes when it comes to resources, but for now, leave both plug-ins in the folder. Reign II alone should have all of Reign I's resources, but some people have complained it doesn't, so until I figure it out, just leave both.

/Bomb**

Here is one problem I found: Reign I and II use different visbits for the Sol system. Mission 418 sets mission bit 453 to change Sol in Reign I, but sets bit 432 in Reign II. Thus, Sol reverts to normal when you change to the Reign II plugin, which means you can't even start the missions! I didn't look any further for differences (wish I had a resource compare tool). I was going try switching to Reign II just before mission 418 to see if that helped.

If you rerelease Reign II, would it be possible to skip Reign I altogether?

BTW, wouldn't hiding Sol (syst 128) break strict play? The system where you resurrect is hidden. Another item for the Readme.

Thanks for taking another look at this, Bomb! This is a well written set of plugins! (Maybe you could write a plugin where you side with the Council next. Now with 100% more Evil! 😉 )

Originally posted by /Bomb:
**I've played through Reign I using 1.0.2 completely without any problems, and I'm about to start Reign II. There shouldn't be any major changes when it comes to resources, but for now, leave both plug-ins in the folder. Reign II alone should have all of Reign I's resources, but some people have complained it doesn't, so until I figure it out, just leave both.

/Bomb**

Why stop at the UE?? Why make ROTV plug where you can totaly killem and conqure the whole gallaxy. Or make a vengence of the UE so that those who like the puny humans can take them to victory over the cool Vonians??
Ohh yeah if ye do that think you could add in some colination missions?? I loved in EV how ye could colinise that one planet.

------------------
Hail Odin,
where he gose victory and
glory follow. The old
gods are not dead and are
regaining rightful
places!! Hail the old Hail the new and hail the futur.