EV3 info?

I am kinda in the dark here on EV3. For starters, when is the tentative release date? and will it be completely differant from EV or EVO?

------------------

There is no tentative release date. To quote Welch, "EV3 will be out when it's done -- that's about all I can tell you right now."

As for differences, think about the differences between EV and EVO. I'd be thinking something within that scope.

Originally posted by forge:
As for differences, think about the differences between EV and EVO. I'd be thinking something within that scope.

I disagree. The differences from EV to EVO were minor, really. EVO is basically a TC plug for EV, with few extra features added to the actual game. On the other hand, from the hints Andrew has been dropping, and what we already know, not only is there going to be a new storyline, and new universe, but there will be major changes to the engine as well, which aren't necessarily limited to 16-bit graphics and transparencies. I believe (and hope) that EV3 will really be something new, not just a TC plugin. And if it is, the changes will probably be far beyond the scope of EV and EVO.

------------------
"The impossible is easy; it's the unfeasible that poses a problem."

Granted, EVO was a complete replacement of the EV universe with a whole new storyline. All the other improvements were to the engine, the bit settings, and the AI.

EV3 should also be a major engine improvement, but the graphical changes will be more visible than the changes between EV and EVO.

What I'm getting at here is this: We might be looking at the same about of engine, AI, and other behind the scene changes, but the graphical changes are the real ones so far.

Also, we have no friggin' idea what to expect aside from a few minor and one or two major graphic improvements.

------------------
One cannot walk down an avenue, converse with a friend, enter a building, browse beneath the sandstone arches of old towns without meeting with an instrument of time.

Time is visible in all places.

Clock towers, wristwatches, church bells divide years into months, months into days, days into hours, hours into seconds, each increment of time marching after the other in perfect succession. And beyond any particular clock, a vast scaffold of time, stretching across the universe, lays down the law of time equally for all.

In this world, a second is a second is a second.

Time moves forward with unwavering regularity.

Time is an infinite ruler.

Time is absolute.

Originally posted by forge:
**we have no friggin' idea what to expect aside from a few minor and one or two major graphic improvements.

I'd have to say that there are lots and lots of graphic improvements, and some mind-blowing behind-the-scenes changes as well. Overall EV3 has more changes from EVO than EVO did from EV.

mcb

------------------
Matt Burch
(url="http://"mailto:mburch@ambrosiasw.com")mailto:mburch@ambrosiasw.com(/url)mburch@ambrosiasw.com