Is there a star trek plugin out there?

i could easily see star trek in EVO cuz there's plenty of different races and ships up the wazoo. i wanna kick some federation butt. must destroy, must destroy!! bwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaa

also, is there an EVO plugin that doesnt take place in space? such as planet focussed missions, and you could take special transports to other planets or even systems. (im talkin about fully populated systems with sunds planets moons etc) is it also possible to make a GTA version of EVO? (not in space) yer actually a person walkin around with guns shootin other ppl (in place of ships). i dunno, im not a plugin expert so i wouldnt know how to make one, but i do have pretty farout and way origonal ideas i could give to anybody who's makin a MOD for the game
------------------
S.S. Huge Whoopass over and out.

(This message has been edited by Porkness (edited 06-23-2000).)

yes, there's a Star Trek plug in development, which is currently in alpha. so, sit tight.

------------------
DeAdBoY-
your freindly drug addict

I doupt you could make an EVO where you walked around. That would take some major modifications of EV's engine. However, in EV3, there seems to be lots of focus on planets...

------------------
"Not an Electric Sausage" Marvin

"Happiness is a warm gun"-John Lennon

I am a proud member of Dogbert's New Ruling Class

Originally posted by Porkness:
also, is there an EVO plugin that doesnt take place in space? such as planet focussed missions, and you could take special transports to other planets or even systems. (im talkin about fully populated systems with sunds planets moons etc) is it also possible to make a GTA version of EVO? (not in space) yer actually a person walkin around with guns shootin other ppl (in place of ships). i dunno, im not a plugin expert so i wouldnt know how to make one, but i do have pretty farout and way origonal ideas i could give to anybody who's makin a MOD for the game

Well, that wouldn't be EVO anymore, now would it? You want a first-person-shooter, go play Quake.

And no, this is not possible with the current engine. Perhaps if you can get Quicktime VR multinode panoramas to appear (linked to missions) - but noone has tried this yet.

------------------
Brooklyn. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

AIM: obormot345

Originally posted by DeAdBoY:
**yes, there's a Star Trek plug in development, which is currently in alpha. so, sit tight.

You reffering to my ST plug? 😉

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"

no, im talkin about a FPS. im talkin about the same top-down view, and whhats that ST plug? star trek?

------------------

You guys wouldn't belive the graphics Kwanzar's got lined up for STEVO. Real eye candy :).

------------------
If you live in the present, then every moment is a new begining - A Dove chocolate wrapper
Micah L (Aeon Productions), (url="http://"mailto:mjlanier@home.com")mailto:mjlanier@home.com(/url)mjlanier@home.com

Anyhwere where I could take a look at some of these graphics?

-BD

------------------
BD -- Aeon Productions -- BD

(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/trententtye/STEVO.sit")http://homepage.mac....nttye/STEVO.sit(/url)

I will be building a web page soon, till than, enjoy this. Note the plugin is not finished (will it ever be?). It has been 3 years in the making and this is the collective efforts of me, myself, and I. Oh yeah, my little brother did all the models too.

We are still updating the plugin. My little brother is convinced he can create better models and I'm consistently searching for bugs and making the ever expanding stellars. I've yet to make minor gov'ts and the like but I'd say the plugin is 80%-90% done. Judging by the time it took us to get this far expect another 4-6months development. Than the conversion to EV3...

Excuse my ramblings and enjoy the plugin!

Trentent Tye

------------------
I never thought I'd go
as far as I am right
now. Now that I'm
here, I have to start
over or else I've got
nothing to do.

hey, could you guys make a helluva lotta ships? cuz im playin forzen heart right now an i dont think there are enough ships. (the game itself is fine) could you also make at least one SPECIAL ship that has like 2000 cargo and weapon space and up to 50 guns and 50 turrets? that would be way cool

------------------

50 guns and 50 turrets? That`s suck.

------------------

well, i'm sorry if i'm bloodthirsty for galaxy-wide, omnipotent, oppressive dictatorship. 😄 😄

------------------

Hey, I just checked out your plug-in, and wow. I am seriously impressed. The graphics are incredible. I can't wait for the completed version, man. Awesome job!

------------------