complicated situation

ok......
my mac which houses my EVO cant go on the internet cuz it is incredibly slow (16 bytes/sec runs on T1) and i wanna download some plugins via my windows PC. i want to transfer the plugin files from my pc to my mac. any suggestions? i have the ARDI emulator, but i cant access the internet with it. are the plugins supposed to look exactly like that SAMPLE PLUGIN in the EVO "plugins" dir?

one more thing, i think the demo version of ARDI doesnt read any formatted floppies (formatted on my real mac).

------------------
S.S. Huge Whoopass over and out.

(This message has been edited by Porkness (edited 06-07-2000).)

I'm afraid that I personally have little experience with this situation, but it seems to me that you could just save them to a PC-native disc. The PC would just write them as unreadable files. Then, you could transfer the PC disc to the mac (assuming it has the really primitive "PC exchange" control panel). Then, unstuff the plugs from the disc.

If it doesn't work, don't blame me, though. I probably don't actually know what I'm talking about. 😃

------------------
Particle Man, Particle Man. Doing the things that a particle can. What's he like? It's not important. Particle Man. Is he a dot, or is he a speck? When he's underwater does he get wet? Or does the water get him instead? Nobody knows. Particle Man.

Yup that'll work, I have to use bloody PeeCee's at school all the time, and I've done this many a time...although I might have been stoned at the tmie so it could have been a really nerdy trip... 🙂 who knows?!

------------------
Learn to understand, and there will be nothing to know.

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
- Dan Quayle

--"You guys line up alphabetically by height."
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

Man walks into a bar...you finish it

Originally posted by MisterT:
**I'm afraid that I personally have little experience with this situation, but it seems to me that you could just save them to a PC-native disc. The PC would just write them as unreadable files. Then, you could transfer the PC disc to the mac (assuming it has the really primitive "PC exchange" control panel). Then, unstuff the plugs from the disc.

If it doesn't work, don't blame me, though. I probably don't actually know what I'm talking about. 😃

Didn't work for me

------------------
"Arthur Philip Dent?" pursued the alien in a kind of efficient yap.
"Er...er...yes...er...er...," confirmed Arthur.
"Your're a jerk," repeated the alien, "a complete kneebiter."

are the plugins supposed to look like normal texts files when i open them in a mac? do i hafta do some sort of decompression?

------------------
S.S. Huge Whoopass over and out.

I said to unstuff it. If that doesn't work, then I'm at a loss.

------------------
Particle Man, Particle Man. Doing the things that a particle can. What's he like? It's not important. Particle Man. Is he a dot, or is he a speck? When he's underwater does he get wet? Or does the water get him instead? Nobody knows. Particle Man.

As far as I remember, but I haven't used on of those Bill Gates things since at least two years, you have to press on some key before downloading if you want to download a mac file on a PC, else it screws the file up. But sorry, I don't remember which key. Maybe if you look in the Help section of your browser (and don't tell me you're using IE too )

------------------

Good to know that someone besides me has the no internet problem...