Which is the best gun?

At the moment i have a Igazra with 3 SAE Launchers, 1 Dispy. Rocket Launcher, three Phase turrets and two Blaze turrets.

I always hang around in the cresent and in voinian space, i can always kill any cresent/agarzi/zidigar ships, but the voinian armour always bugs my weapons, what weapons do you rekon i should buy to get shields and crush armour????

------------------
Jt

SADs are very good against almost anything, and defence pods are extremley good against armour.

------------------
-------------------
Hornet
-------------------
Confeds will always win every combat.

(This message has been edited by Hornet (edited 03-27-2000).)

You could try taking out all those launchers and stick in rockets!! Great kick. Also, try getting some Emelga guns. They do really well against armor.

P.S. I really haven't tryed the Eguns.

------------------
🙂 Max B-H
Current plug-in project: Arena Plus

i'd sell the dispy rockets & get more SAE modules... or shield/armor upgrades then just blow the shĄt out of stuff with 5 phase turrets.
as for those emalgha turrets, they're a faxcimilie of the mass driver. slow slugs that wreck havoc on armor.

------------------
"what do you call a boomerang that don't come back?"
"a stick."

(url="http://"http://209.67.19.99/~da_mac/orion/")()rion Productions(/url)
~ Robin ( (url="http://"mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net")mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net(/url)funky_cheeze@usa.net

My favorite has always been to do a phase/neutron combo -- say three or four phase swivels to wipe out shields and a neutron turret or two to pound away their armor. Granted, you've got to have the space, but I usually sell off my fighters and bays and get a few mass expansions to make it all fit.

------------------
Xopher

"I dreamt I was a butterfly, but when I awoke, I thought I might actually be a butterfly, dreaming that I was a man."
-- Chuang-tze (330 BCE)

dude5432 wrote:
**At the moment i have a Igazra with 3 SAE Launchers, 1 Dispy. Rocket Launcher, three Phase turrets and two Blaze turrets.

I always hang around in the cresent and in voinian space, i can always kill any cresent/agarzi/zidigar ships, but the voinian armour always bugs my weapons, what weapons do you rekon i should buy to get shields and crush armour????

Voinian armor is VERY strong. Phase weapons 😄 are the ultimate shield eater, blaze weapons are pretty nice aganst armor (ever notice how ue ships almost never lose in an one on one battle w/ voinians?), Emaglhia guns are AWESOME aganst armor but suck otherwise, and neutron weapons are just plain awesome. Im gonna sugest a change in your config...sell the dispy. rockets, they r pointless on an Igazra. plus they take up a crap load of space.

------------------
Crazy Galaxy, Why am I
always caught in the
middle of all the Death,
Destruction, And Boom?
-Vice Admiral Jon

i'll agree with Vice Admiral John...neutron cannons are AWESOME, but the problem is that they are really slow unless you have lots of them which costs a lot. I would recommend a combination of the Emalgha cannon with the phase cannon so you can annihlate the shields and the armor

------------------

I haven't tried this but what about a neutron/emalghia turret combo? It would take up a lot of space (30 tons a turret) but it's a perfect combo to pound armor! Emalghia turrets only fire in a 90 degree arc in front of you. So the neutron will take care of anyone behind you while you turn to unleash the full force of your turrets. Plus the long range of neutrons will componsate for the short range of the emalghia.

SELL THE DISPERSAL ROCKET LAUNCHER! It's worthless against armor (well sort of). It's better if you have a small ship in the crescent but not in a large ship in v. space. I like the rocket idea however. You only have to buy a few (5-10) and then board smaller ships to refill your ammo. Plus they pack a punch!

One more tip. Use v. technology against voinians. Dospect armor, neutron turrets, rocket turrets (if you can get it somehow), and rocket launchers will all help your cause.

-------------------
Feel the Jive
-------------------
Got a question?
Visit the Questions post on the board

------------------

Here's my take on all the options:

Blaze weapons: close to worthless. They are pretty well rounded when it comes to sheild/armor damage, but the firing pattern is too erratic, and the range is too short.

Neutron weapons: The best if you can fit them in your ship. They weigh a heck of a lot more, but they do great vs. armor, have excellent range and accuracy, and they do OK vs sheilds. Once again, though, this is only if you have the mass to get them. And think twice before using them instead of secondary weapons...

Phase weapons: Very good vs. sheilds, suck vs armor. Range and accuracy are quite good, though, so these are actually what I use most of the time (since I'm not in Voinian space anymore).

Emalgha cannons: God I hate these. They're so slow and short ranged that they totally destroy your maneuverability. In order to accomidate these things, you have to fly right up to the ship you want to hit, and just sit there firing at it. What's more, they take up the same space as Neutron turrets, so I always use Neutron turrets instead, cause they have better range.

So basically, I like weapons which give you more flexibility. The phase weapons are the best for this, due to their speed, rate of fire, range and accuracy, which all allow you to run around in circles and still land shots.

------------------
Everything is catching, yes, everything is catching on fire.

The Emalgha Turrets suck against Voinians. They do well against armor, but shot for shot, neutron and phase turrets are actually better.

"I am registered...Ambrosia just won't admit it"-Jack

Originally posted by Jack:
**The Emalgha Turrets suck against Voinians. They do well against armor, but shot for shot, neutron and phase turrets are actually better.

"I am registered...Ambrosia just won't admit it"-Jack**

E. turrets are good against voinians if you can stand their rockets and neutrons for a while at close range (have you ever seen two E. warships destroy a v. frigate??). However, I do agree with you about the neutron turrets being better but phase turrets suck against voinians.

---------------
Feel the Jive
---------------
(Insert cool quote here)

------------------

Let's see:

Weapon: (Shield / Armor) damage per second:
-------------------------------------------------------------

Blaze Cannon ( 15 / 12 )
Blaze Turret ( 30 / 25 )

Neutron Cannon ( 27 / 16 )
Neutron Turret ( 27 / 16 )

Phase Cannon (~19 / ~6 )
Phase Turret (~38 / ~13 )

Emalgha Cannon ( ~8 / ~31 )
Emalgha Turret ( ~8 / ~31 )

A Blaze Cannon actually puts out more damage that a Neutron Turret! True, their range and inaccuracy suck, but they also take up much less weapon space. And yes, Emalgha shells are a bďtch to deliver, not worth the effort IMHO.

I'd like to compare ranges too, but the data in the Outfit Guide seems to be corrupted. (They have about the same range for Blaze and Neutron weapons... :rolleyes: )

-- Cinga

(This message has been edited by Cinga (edited 06-19-2000).)