Council station? What for??? + background

ahh, the wonders of college. you guys are yakking about g4s and how the 400mhz are too slow while i'm slogging through this life w/a pb 1400c/166. now i really feel old.

The council station is there for DESTROYING WITH YOUR MASSIVE FLEET OF CRUISERS.

I have dominated all of vonian space.
I have pilot a captured Vonian Cruiser.
I have a fleet of confed Cruisers.

AS YOU CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES THEY BECOME WEAKER UNTIL YOU CAN CAPTURE VONIA ITSELF!!

Voinian Cruisers and Confederate Cruisers in the same game? Interesting...

Hmmmm Maybe he's some sort of trans-universe teleporter. 😉

Either that or somebody made an EVO->EV halfway conversion that I don't know about. Mind you, not total conversion, just halfway. So that you have, umm, Confeds, and umm, Voinans?

Now that's interesting! Two societies, both bent on galactic domination? Can you say "ridiculously big battles"?

No, no, no. Not end of story. After that, you go in and take over all their respective planets, and rule the galaxy. End of story.

After that, the Rebellions comes and kills you. End of story.

The rebellion is too weak to do much. Although their cruisers are fast they lack the shields and weapons to hold their own.

Hey, who brought the Rebellion along? I thought we were just getting rid of the 'Feds/Voinians

Well, if they brought ALL of their Mantas and Rebel Cruisers and Destroyers and tried to kill just YOU, they would be able to do that. Their Mantas are good, did anyone notice?
They could kill a 'Fed Cruiser if there was 3 Mantas.

Wait a sec! If you just blew the Confeds to high heaven, then why the <bleep> would the Rebellion kill you?!

(This message has been edited by Chrestomanci (edited 11-24-99).)

Uhhhh, the Voinians blew the 'Feds up, not you. But good point- if you'd been responsible (in an indirect way) for the destruction of the 'Feds, why the hell would the Rebellion attack you?

If Rebellion kills you, they can free the galaxies you dominated, an that way, Rebellion will expand, being the next Confederation and changing its name to Rigellian Empire.
Then the next Rebellion, called Magelans, get stronger, almost beating the Rigellians.
That's how it went to the story of the 'Frozen Heart' plugin.

Logically, yes, but the game doesn't work that way. If you accomplished all that, your legal status would be as high as it could go (I think that is "Upstanding Pillar of Society" or something like that).

Hey, point no-one's making- what if the 'Feds beat the Voinians?

How could the confed' cruisers be able to blow up the voinians if they existed in different centuries? Even if they were in the same time, I think the Voinian would win because, gee, they just have very good weapons and ships :-(. I fought on the Rebellion side until I had dominated all the Confederate/Pirate/Independent planets. Then, I realiZed (not realised, like in the game) that the rebellion would just become another confedaracy.

Austin Smith

Yeah, probably Unless they split it all up into separate governments for each system or group of systems

EV and EVO are not different centuries (there are many things that don't fit together), they're different dimensions/continuums. And I have been thinking about making a plug establishing contact between the two universes, but that would be too complicated.

And the 'feds are stronger than the voinians, or just about anyone else.

Very intersesting. Is there a wormhole that takes you to EV from Override? If so, you could have some cool alien ship that someone would pay fortune for... Or the Confed government? They could take it apart and make more from the technology.
(I get this from imagining that clean dishes are space ships,
and right now the humans are trying to put together copy of n alien ship that they broke a piece off of. It's nice if you can't play EV
or Override :< ).)