Liberation of Huron

I am on what I think is the final stage of the Huron Missions, the one where you destroy a fleet of five or so turncoats at Troub, then land on Troub to meet the Admiral. I got this mission while in my spiffy freight-courier, then discovered that my ship (or my piloting skills) were too weak for the mission, so I held on to it for later. Now I have a lazira and I went back and it didn't work. So I aborted the mission, which made independent systems except for Huron and Omm (which I have role model and upstanding citizen ratings for, respectively) mad at me. So I got the mission again, went to Troub, destroyed the Renegades, landed, and -- NOTHING HAPPENED!! No admiral or anything. I've been trying on an earlier copy of my pilot to work up my ratings in independent systems but I can't get above a Good Egg. Any help on completing this mission would be much appreciated, thanks.
tr

------------------

Make sure you destroy ALL enemy craft, even disabled ones. Tab through the ship targeter several times to make sure you got all of them. If you miss even one, you have to start over again.

------------------

(This message has been edited by sirchess (edited 06-03-2000).)

All right, I completed the mission, but now all the UE independent worlds, including Huron and excluding Omm, are mad at me! Is there any way I can regain my status with these systems, especially Huron since I just saved their hides?!
tr

------------------

You could try hanging out in the system and destroying all the renegades that hyper-in. If I remember these systems are pretty close to the renegade area (freeport, Riomer sp?) so you should get quite a few pirates. If you hyper out then in again, there moght be more renegades.

------------------
"...but I was very, very drunk at the time..." - Someone, somewhere.

"You guys line up alphabetically by height." - Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach