A few questions....

First, how do you get a level exit to send you back to the level you just completed (ie: wrong exit)? 😕

Second, whats all this stuff about horizontal boss points and second horizontal boss points? Is that necessary to use a boss (I've never tried). 😕 What's the difference between a boss and an enemy? (all I can think of is A. bosses are on crack B. you can set a rock barrier to open on boss death (but I can't do that either)

Sorry to ask so many questions!!! :redface:

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

1. Set the INFO(0) for the level exit to -1.

2. Not sure about what horiz. and vert. boss points are. Your definition of bosses is essentially correct: they're big, they're not easily killed, and they open rock barriers. To have this effect, set INFO(0) for the barrier to -2. For some reason, -2 differentiates between a timed level and a boss, since both use that #.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
First, how do you get a level exit to send you back to the level you just completed (ie: wrong exit)?😕

Enter -1 in the first sprite info. field

**Second, whats all this stuff about horizontal boss points and second horizontal boss points? Is that necessary to use a boss (I've never tried).😕

On the first three bosses, (Not the Fire Guardians or Xichra) the boss point is the point that makes the screen scroll to the boss when you walk over it. I'd think it's not neccissary, but I could be wrong.

**you can set a rock barrier to open on boss death (but I can't do that either)

And I don't mind answering dumb (j/k) questions

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

(This message has been edited by Bob the Mediocre (edited 12-10-2000).)

Oops, we posted at the same time. :redface:

------------------

Posted by Spamguy:
To have this effect, set INFO(0) for the barrier to -2. For some reason, -2 differentiates between a timed level and a boss, since both use that #.

Thanks for telling me but now I have another question, what do you mean by timing a level? And here I thought I had this level editor figured out :rolleyes:

Posted by Bob:
I don't mind answering dumb (j/k) questions

That's ok but you know what they say, no stupid questions only stupid answers 😛

------------------

(This message has been edited by Dr Tall (edited 12-10-2000).)

Just testing my new (temporary) signature.

What do you mean I'm subliminally moving my topic to the top? You act like I'm involved in strategery!

------------------
How to take an all expences paid trip to Palm Beach, Flordia! First, hold up two fingers in front of your face. Slowly repeat to yourself: 2 votes for Bush, 11 for Gore. 2 votes for Bush, 11 for Gore. After you do this for a while, show two fingers to the next person you meet. If they promptly respond: 2 votes for Bush, 11 for Gore. You've done this trick right. Welcome to Palm Beach!

No but also for real, (ie: another question) can you change the name of powerups that appear in the game?

------------------
How to take an all expences paid trip to Palm Beach, Flordia! First, hold up two fingers in front of your face. Slowly repeat to yourself: 2 votes for Bush, 11 for Gore. 2 votes for Bush, 11 for Gore. After you do this for a while, show two fingers to the next person you meet. If they promptly respond: 2 votes for Bush, 11 for Gore. You've done this trick right. Welcome to Palm Beach!

**Just testing my new (temporary) signature.

What do you mean I'm subliminally moving my topic to the top? You act like I'm involved in strategery!

That's "subliminablly" 😉
For loads of Bushisims, click (url="http://"http://politics.slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp")here(/url).

I can't belive almost half of the USA thought he was electibable.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

I think I've defeated my own purpose by posting again but could someone please answer my question?

Posted by Dr Tall:

Posted by Spamguy:
To have this effect, set INFO(0) for the barrier to -2. For some reason, -2 differentiates between a timed level and a boss, since both use that #.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for telling me but now I have another question, what do you mean by timing a level? And here I thought I had this level editor figured out

------------------

OK, I am really sorry to keep asking questions but now I have another one so here are all my unanswered questions:

1. Spamguy, what do you mean by having a timed level and how do you do that?

2. I'm making levels w/ the demo version of the game. Now before you start yelling at me about being a freeloader, I have purchased the game but Ambrosia is out of stock. I've been making levels as best I can until I get the full game but the demo will only let you have three levels in a file (it doesn't run any past that). Is there a way I can put a fourth level on with the demo version or do I have to sit tight until I get the full version?

(This message has been edited by Dr Tall (edited 12-11-2000).)

**Is there a way I can put a fourth level on with the demo version or do I have to sit tight until I get the full version?

I recommend putting each level in it's own world file, and merging them with ResEdit when they're all done.
It makes it a lot easier to test, and I think it'll fix your problem with the demo.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

1. Spamguy, what do you mean by having a timed level and how do you do that?

I think -- tho I'm not sure -- he's referring to a level that uses the timer (Can't think of the name of it.).

On that note, any ideas on how to use the timer on a level? Can you set the amount of time, or is it set to 5 minutes?

Thanks,

------------------

<`{{{><

Originally posted by Jodeo:
On that note, any ideas on how to use the timer on a level? Can you set the amount of time, or is it set to 5 minutes?

Thanks,

Enter the amount of seconds in the start marker Info (0)

------------------

Posted by Bob:

Enter the amount of seconds in the start marker Info (0)

It won't let you select the start marker. Or will it?

Posted by Jodeo:

I think -- tho I'm not sure -- he's referring to a level that uses the timer (Can't think of the name of it.).

Sorry I don't have the full game yet so I don't know what you're talking about

------------------

(This message has been edited by Dr Tall (edited 12-11-2000).)