Renegade Turncoat

I am new at this game and I am thinking about about buying a new ship, I don't have enough money for any U.E. capital ships and I am thinking about buying the Rengade Turncoat. How would you rate this ship? Good? Bad? Ok?

It's too slow for the price. Not enough firepower or cargo space. I would get a freight-courier instead.

------------------

Chris wrote:
I am new at this game and I am thinking about about buying a new ship, I don't have enough money for any U.E. capital ships and I am thinking about buying the Rengade Turncoat. How would you rate this ship? Good? Bad? Ok?

Maybe not..... THe Turncoat is a slow ship, the Kriat fighters suck, but with enough needles (which are cheap), I would suggest buying one, upgrading the weapons (blaze turrets are okay for now). Then, find an Igazra low on shields after a fight and take it on. The crew of the Turncoat is so large compared to Strand ships that you can capture almost any ship with it. Thats what I would do with the piece of junk Turncoat.

------------------
As I travel through the
gates of hell to face the
deamons, I know my knife
is by my side, and that
all hell can't stop me

forget the turncoat. too expensive and not enough power. go for the miranu freighter or heavy freighter

As amazing as it seems, a Miranu Freighter armed with phase cannons can whump a turncoat real good. It cant take on much else tho. Best way to make money early on is to get a bulk freighter and take 8 cargo deliveries at once. I did that and got a UE destroyer, too bad, it was a piece of junk. If I had kept to my trading I would have fully upgraded my UE cruiser by now.

"Badges? We no neeeed no steeeeenkin badges!"

------------------

Chris wrote:

In a shuttle craft it's your worst nightmare. In anyhting larger then a UE Fghter, it's just a piece o' scrap metal

------------------
When you're having a bad day and it seems like people are trying
to piss you off, remember it takes 42 muscles to frown, but only
4 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle.

Chris wrote:

Turcoats Suck! Nearly anything can fry them. You can fly inoto a battle zone with all the upgrades you can fit and you still can't win. A UE. Destroyer could kill you with about six rockets and thats saying something. I would go get a large Zidar(sp) ship and have money left for upgrades instead.

get a freight courier, and if you have the ability to buy UE capital ships, but not the money...then where did all your money go? get a UE destroyer, i like em. PS, for all you pros out there, try this: shuttlecraft-freight courier-UE detroyer-UE cruiser...or in EV: shuttlecraft-argosy-corvette-rebel/confed cruiser

------------------

I got a enough money to buy a U.E. carrier instead. 😄

------------------

You want to know of a really good deal? ARADA!

Yes, this Strandship can be made into a Courier, Heavy Fighter, Light Warship and can even hold a Krait or Crescent fighter bay!

In all honesty, it is probably the best thing you can buy if you are inbetween getting a capital ship and a "starter" ship (ie Shuttle or Scoutship...).

So if you want a fat bulky ship, add a fighter bay and load it with some turrets and/or sw cannons. If you want more of a heavy fighter... add some upgrades to your thrust, turning and engine... maybe even your shields... then you have a GREAT 'fighter' that could beat the crap out of a fleet of Turncoats... if your pretty good that is 😃

My proof? Look at all the strand governments, they ALL use an Arada and each are loaded with different weapons and purposes.

------------------
tear it down

It seems like every one got a knife in the poor UE Destroyer. I don´t think it´s bad, in fact I found it useful. It isn´t too expensive and it does have plenty of space for guns n stuff. And for 2mill, I think it´s a great ship.

PS-
Igadzra is a great ship, it´s even better than the voinian frigate in the crecent, it got speed and plenty of fuel. Thats why I fly it.
---------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh".

Anyone out there? Hello? Can´t anyone poste some replys?
---------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh"

If you want a good ship, outfit a freight courier like a bounty hunder (krait bay, needles, rocketas) and go a rovin!! A good way to make money with anything from a helian to a cruiser is to raid voinian supply ships for medical goods and sell them at the outposts. Or sell equipment at dogover. You have no overhead and no-one gets pissed off at you. To make money as a freight captain, work fo the voinians. They pay really well.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-

I still think he should buy an UE Destroyer, the Carrier SUCKS! It seems powerful when the AI got it, but for you?, it SUCKS. It dosn´t even have as much space as the Destroyer!
---------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh"

------------------

I destroyed about 20 Turncoats in a Scoutship with needles.

Originally posted by Soviet mikee:
**You want to know of a really good deal? ARADA!

Yes, this Strandship can be made into a Courier, Heavy Fighter, Light Warship and can even hold a Krait or Crescent fighter bay!

In all honesty, it is probably the best thing you can buy if you are inbetween getting a capital ship and a "starter" ship (ie Shuttle or Scoutship...).

So if you want a fat bulky ship, add a fighter bay and load it with some turrets and/or sw cannons. If you want more of a heavy fighter... add some upgrades to your thrust, turning and engine... maybe even your shields... then you have a GREAT 'fighter' that could beat the crap out of a fleet of Turncoats... if your pretty good that is 😃

My proof? Look at all the strand governments, they ALL use an Arada and each are loaded with different weapons and purposes.

Renegade Aradas are quite a pain in the ass, since the AI knows how to use them dispersal rockets (DRs) to their fullest... it's rather tricky to use them yourself. I prefer a Lazira. Yeah, it's much more expensive than an Arada, but it's superior in just about any respect. Kick out the SADs and DRs, max out on phase turrets and Miranu Defence Pods (MDPs), and buy whatever other upgrades you might want... then you can kick just about any capital ship's butt.

-- Cinga

------------------

Originally posted by Cinga:
**Renegade Aradas are quite a pain in the ass, since the AI knows how to use them dispersal rockets (DRs) to their fullest... it's rather tricky to use them yourself. I prefer a Lazira. Yeah, it's much more expensive than an Arada, but it's superior in just about any respect. Kick out the SADs and DRs, max out on phase turrets and Miranu Defence Pods (MDPs), and buy whatever other upgrades you might want... then you can kick just about any capital ship's butt.

-- Cinga

I'd have to agree with Soviet mikee, the Arada rules. The Lazira can't carry
as many guns, I think (3 instead of 4), and it's slower and its shields don't
recharge as quickly. Granted, a Lazira's bigger shields and ability to carry
heavy weapons make it better at getting in someone's face and trading wallops,
but if that's what you wanna do, get a Voinian Cruiser. And even so, in the
long run, you eventually run out of shields/armor and ammunition. Not a good
thing if you're deep in enemy territory. With a smaller ship (especially if
you work for the Azdgari and have their regenerators), you can just recharge,
and you can easily run away from trouble if you need to.