Big Bad Ships

I think a great improvement in 1.0.2 would be, (besides the kick ass things Matt is already adding), a group of Big Bad Ships. In EV, if you got your hands on 20 million, the Confed Cruiser was one bad muther. 800 sheilds, 6 proton turrets and 4 neutron cannons were enough to tackle any target easily. EVO doesn't have any big ships like that. "The Engineers" is a good plug for that, with the Igazra II, UE Battle Cruiser and Voinian Galactic Dreadnought. Each of those ships is twice as powerful as its predicessor, (UE Battle Cruiser has 750 shields now, and 10 UE fighters). Bigger ships make the game more fun for those of us who are battle hungry. After all, theres nothing like trying to take on an entire Voinian or UE battle fleet in one ship, is there?

------------------
As I travel through the
gates of hell to face the
deamons, I know my knife
is by my side, and that
all hell can't stop me

well, that sounds cool...but if you already have a pilot file with a certain ship such as the UE cruiser and you have enough to buy a UE battle cruiser, then its not really fair to suddenly throw 3 or 4 other ships into the game

------------------

Whurp wrote:
**well, that sounds cool...but if you already have a pilot file with a certain ship such as the UE cruiser and you have enough to buy a UE battle cruiser, then its not really fair to suddenly throw 3 or 4 other ships into the game

Why isn't it fair??

------------------
As I travel through the
deamons, I know my knife
is by my side, and that
all hell can't stop me

because suddenly theres all these new ships that you couldnt buy before, and the resources would hafta be changed, and plugins may not work...but i really know nothing about programming so i ought to just shut up

------------------

what ue battle cruiser
not that far in the game
anything else i should know about

------------------

Now, the reason EVO doesn't have ludicrously overpowered ships is because the AI gives them a huge advantage - in terms of fairness, balance, and story, Override neither needs or wants heavy battle cruisers; it only needs medium balanced ships, like the Kestrel. I have a plugin that adds the Kestrel, Corvette, and Lightning to EVO - look for it on the add-ons page soon.

------------------
I claim my First Amendment rights to express myself through the use of high explosives.

Where can I get this plug-in?

------------------

ColdFusion wrote:
**Now, the reason EVO doesn't have ludicrously overpowered ships is because the AI gives them a huge advantage - in terms of fairness, balance, and story, Override neither needs or wants heavy battle cruisers; it only needs medium balanced ships, like the Kestrel. I have a plugin that adds the Kestrel, Corvette, and Lightning to EVO - look for it on the add-ons page soon.

Override does need and SHOULD want a heavy battle cruiser. Not everyone wants to fly around in a dinky Miranu Heavy Frieghter (no offense intented to those who do) trying to avoid a fight. Some of us want to take on a Voinian Dreadnought head to head, hell, maybe two or three because its intense. Taking on a whole bunch of tough a$$ enemies in one ship gives you a rush, which is what some of the more blood thirsty EVO players are looking for. Maybe big ships aren't for everyone, but even the AI can be beat out if they have it, and big ships are what I want.

------------------
As I travel through the
deamons, I know my knife
is by my side, and that
all hell can't stop me

Why make huge ships- huge ships are boring.

"Ah HA! I have killed, er, what was it again?"

AS for the Kestrel, that is a god ship man. Fully upgraded with all shield generators, speed, RCS and thrust w/ all cargo space to weapons very little can take it down. It just gets boring after you finish all the plot lines. Make ginat, slow ships, fast, light ships, and ships that do OK at both.

"Draw steel!"

------------------

BackSTABa wrote:
"Some of us want to take on a Voinian Dreadnought head to head..."
You can do that already, a fully uppgraded/equiped Igadzra can do that, I did that (no cheating). And realy, the ones that need bigger ships, are the "begginers". No offence! If you are REALY good then you don´t need bigger ships.
-----------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh"

------------------

BackSTABa wrote:
"Some of us want to take on a Voinian Dreadnought head to head..."
You can do that already, a fully uppgraded/equiped Igadzra can do that, I did that (no cheating). And realy, the ones that need bigger ships, are the "begginers". No offence! If you are REALY good then you don´t need bigger ships.
-----------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh"

BackSTABa- Where can you download the plug "The Engineers"?

Nathaniel wrote:
**Where can I get this plug-in?

Relax, it's coming as soon as I find the time to upload it

------------------
I claim my First Amendment rights to express myself through the use of high explosives.

big ships are not that good, let me explain, when you're in a big ship the combat: 1.choose a target shoot all your long range stuff
2. when you,re out of missiles you go in stay there and press the space bar until one of the 2 ship dies.
3. so that means the one with the most missiles and the most guns/turrets wins, cuse there is no maneuvers to do they,re sooooo slow
4. and it,s not realing paying of cuse you shoot hundreds of missiles and after you need to buy some more...

my 2k.

------------------
I'll Eliminat u!

I believe that the EVO story was a prequel to the EV story (compare starting dates). That is one of the reasons that there aren't as many huge ships. BUT, that's just my humble opinion :).

Originally posted by UES X1:
I believe that the EVO story was a prequel to the EV story (compare starting dates). That is one of the reasons that there aren't as many huge ships. BUT, that's just my humble opinion:).

It's not, it was originally designed as a third-party scenario with nothing to do with EV, except that it ran on the EV game engine. And there are more warships/ships in general in EVO.

If you honestly belive that it's a prequel, explain the completely different galaxy layout and the 3x sized galaxy.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

"I haven't seen myself lately, AndrewM."
— GreenYO, #ev

I could have said that. But thanks. 🙂

Plus not only that but how would you explain SEVERAL alien species, none of which has red/black spotty ships? In EV theres only one. And their evil.

In EVO there are, lets see...
Human
Emalgha
Voinian
Hinwar
Miranu
Zidagar
Azdgari
Igadzra
Strandless
Kayan
Unnamed medieval-level species on that planet in DSN 8619 (is that the right
number?)
A few species from beyond the Ji nebula and the Crescent
And hybrids thereof, where possible (except that medieval species on 8619)

In other words the census bureau is going to have one HELL of a time trying to figure out someone's race. 😉