Ships

Has anybody else noticed that the cargo transport looks like an N64 controller?? I noticed that for a while and just found it wierd.

------------------
I did really good on my driver's exam. I knocked down all the cones.

Where is a place to buy the ships that the renegades use. I haven't played for a while and I need a ship that is better than a simple shuttlecraft or courier. I need a better ship like a Turncoat or another ship near the Human systems. :mad:

------------------

Turncoats can be bought at Freeport.

------------------
"You can make something idiot proof, but someone else can make a better idiot"

AIM/AOL-Nador26

Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/OctoberFost")http://www.geocities.com/OctoberFost(/url)

Yes, but the Turncoat is an extremely bad ship. A Miranu Freighter can easily destroy it. Go for an Arada instead, it'a a much better value.

------------------
God. Root. What is difference?
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345

You can get Turncoats in a some human renegade systems.
The Helian and the Krait can you also buy in independent worlds but you don't want the latter.My advice, get the freight-courier at crokkett in Thoso.
You can haul cargo, be bounty hunter and even assist in the shooting dwn of voinans(it has hunter misseles).

I thank you for your help with the ships. The Krait is not so terrible. I just took out the Voinoians with one. It took me forever but I got it done. I took the Dreadnaught mission and the first in the UE Cruiser missions at the same time. When I got to the system with the Dreadnaught, the Dreadnaught attacked the Renegades. Then after that it attacked my allies. Me and my allies took turns attacking it until it was dust. I still think the Krait's better described as a shielded "crate" but oh well. I have now got enough money to get the Cresant Warship. It looks like a good buy but I don't know about putting that many credits on a ship that I have seen destroyed before.

------------------

The Crescent Warship is no way near worth 9 Million credits.
I destroyed it in a U.E destroyer with the standard fittings.
Basically, if you don't earn it in a mission, it can be easily defeated.

Originally posted by Tim:
The Crescent Warship is no way near worth 9 Million credits.
I destroyed it in a U.E destroyer with the standard fittings.
Basically, if you don't earn it in a mission, it can be easily defeated.

What does everybody have against the CW? Sure, its price tag is somewhat over the top, but once you sell off the fighter bay, you get all the weapon space you could wish for... and credits aren't a problem in EVO on the long run. Right now, I'm cruising around with 15 Credit Sticks and nothing to spend them on. 😛

But you're right, the CWs can be defeated quite easily if you do it right. I toured the Crescent in a captured Voinian Frigate once... I could take down
several Laziras and CWs before having to land to recharge armor. Much as I hate the Voinians, one just has to admire their armor. 😉

-- Cinga

PS: In case you're wondering, I am not an impostor... I just forgot to send my password to my university account, so I can't log in over here. That's why it says 'unregistered' under my name. :rolleyes:

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Cinga (forgot password):
But you're right, the CWs can be defeated quite easily if you do it right. I toured the Crescent in a captured Voinian Frigate once... I could take down
several Laziras and CWs before having to land to recharge armor. Much as I hate the Voinians, one just has to admire their armor. 😉

Voinian armor is great. I don't use the ships but I agree with you there. The CW's are easy to take down in any ship. You just need more patience in some than others. I have defeated one CW in a Shuttlecraft before, it was long but not hard. The fun thing to do is hunt down three of them in the same system with an Arada. It is fun and possible, thanks to pursuit missles. The ECM systems throw them off but when you get close enough, the ECM doesn't work as well and your missles hit it.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 05-04-2000).)

Originally posted by Desert Fox:
**Has anybody else noticed that the cargo transport looks like an N64 controller?? I noticed that for a while and just found it wierd.

Yes. It is a lot alike. The big difference is that the N64's controller's side handles stick to the sides more