adding sprites to EVO plugs

I've been making 3D graphix for my EVO plug 'The 26th Century', and when ever i test the new ship sprites the animations screw up, like when you turn the ship the sprite gets cut in half and cliped. Also the colours are all stuffed, and i have changed all the colours to 8 bit (256) using Adobe Photoshop 3.0, what can i do to fix the sprits and make the colours better?

dude5432

PS. Anyone wanting to help on my plug can just email me, i'm always looking for more people.

------------------
Jt

The problem might be the spin resources. These have the same ID as the ship, and point to the sprites. You have to specify the right size there. As for colors - import you picts again.

------------------
God. Root. What is difference?
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345

The number of pixels you specify for the size of each individual square of the sprite or mask must be a multipleof 8 or things will screw up.

------------------
'Stormbringer!' he cried and then the
hellsword struck his chest.
He felt the icy touch of the blade against his heart,
felt his body constrict,
felt it sucking his soul from the very depths
of his being,felt his whole personality being drawn into the
Runesword.

[mailto:jr.watkins@virgin.
net](http://mailto:jr.watkins@virgin.<br />
net)jr.watkins@virgin.
net

If you wanted,I could send you some of my own graphix. However:

1.I don't know if mine will fit in your scenario.
2.I'm not to keen in letting people toy about with what took me so long to create.
3.I would like something in return. Not much, just an opinion on my new plug-In would do.
It's about the Voinian war BEFORE the present time,like when there was no fighters or UE Carriers ect. What do you think?If you reply,then I might consider giving you some pre-made graphix just for you. 🙂

What Sormbringer said is right, however there are a few certain ones that are a mutliple of 8 and still don't work. (Note: it is th esize of the individual frame that needs to be a multiple of 8, just having the whole thing a multiple isn't enough.)

If you still can't find it, you could send it to me and I'll try and find out what's wrong.

------------------
-Shade

"Scorpion petting zoo-
Innovative concepts in exposing city kids to nature."
-Gary Larson

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

88 is one size that doesn't work, I don't know if there are others.

------------------
-Pitr

Im always looking for good plugs. What's yours about??

------------------
I did really good on my driver's exam. I knocked down all the cones.

make the ship outlines after your color pics in resedit the same outline as your ship.

hope this helps

On the Quantumire plugins, sprites are all sizes and I haven't seen any major problems (sample - 200 x 141). It is a good rule of thumb to use sprite sizes that are a multiple of eight, though.

------------------
"Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

Thanx everyone for your help, i think the sprite size was the problem, as it isn't divisible by eight.

Do you think the masks could also be the problem, because i don't think they overlay the sprite properly?

does anyone know a quick way to make masks of sprites, or a quick way to spin the sprite 36 times? Because my plug is going to have close to 64 ships in it, and the 3d pictures of them take long enough to do by themselves.

For anyone who doesn't know what my plug is about (almost everyone) its set in the 26th century and its taking a gothic look to. Does anyone know about Battlefleet gothic? the ships are going to look alot like that, very detailed and big. Its going to be mainly a plug for warship and fighter pilots, but freighting is also a big part of the plug.

Bad Temper, I'm not really all that interested in getting graphix from other people, but feel free to send my a copy of your plugin and i'll see what its like!

thanx everyone for your help

------------------
Jt

There's a program called PicsToSprites, which spins a n image, and makes the necessary picts and sprites for EV. You can get it in the adons sections.

------------------
-Pitr

Originally posted by Obormot:
There's a program called PicsToSprites, which spins a n image, and makes the necessary picts and sprites for EV. You can get it in the adons sections.

MakeSpďn's better. I've actually gotten it to WORK.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

"I haven't seen myself lately, AndrewM."
— GreenYO, #ev

Agh! Yes, MakeSpin, that's what I meant. I was confused, sorry.

------------------
-Pitr