What is the "Phased Beam Bug" Is the game still supported?

Hi all!

I saw a plugin that fixes the "Phased Beam Problem"... Exactly what is this problem?

Also, the plugin said that version 1.02 will fix the bug, but it looks like the game has not been updated since 1998. Is this game still supported?

I new to all this...

-CJ

------------------

I think it fixes the problem with the turrets. The turrets dosn´t track correct.
The update for EVO, 1.0.2 will also fix this problem. Hope that helps.
-------------------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made with Macintosh"

Originally posted by Shadow:
I think it fixes the problem with the turrets. The turrets dosn´t track correct.
The update for EVO, 1.0.2 will also fix this problem. Hope that helps.

The turret problem is where when you're moving, the turret doesn't take that into account so it it fires just slightly in the worng direction. However, the beam bug, is only for beams. Whenever you try and shoot a beam weapon, it fires in a random direction. The problem is something with the inaccuracy (which can make the beam fire just a little (you can set the amount) bit to one side instead of exactly straight) setting. Whoever made the beam fix just found a setting that was fairly accurate by chance. However, when 1.0.2 comes out, the beam will fire in the correct range set in the resources.

EV:O 1.0.2 is the next and last revision of EV:O, but it will be huge adding all sorts of cool features. And there is a reasonable chance a whole new EV will come out. It started as a plug-in, but it was so huge (over 500 systems) and so cool Ambrosia and its makers are considering packaging it as EV: Nova.

------------------
-Shade

"Scorpion petting zoo-
Innovative concepts in exposing city kids to nature."
-Gary Larson

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

I'm the one that made the plug. The problem is that when the inaccuracy of a beam weapon was set to '0', there would be a second beam shooting in another direction, but it didn't do any damage. If the inaccuracy is set to '1', the beam is changed very little, and the 'other' beam is gone.

------------------
Unix is user-friendly. It is not idiot-friendly

Cool! So 1.02 is actually coming out... That's good to hear, I'll be looking forward to it.

Any have an ETA 🙂

Anyway, thanks for the replies!

------------------