Request for 1.0.2

Not a bad idea. I would rather like a "jump gate" that was in the system and took you right to the system you wanted. The jump gates could be destroyd making it impossible to jump in or out. That would be cool, and some more warships. This is taking my orginal idea a step further, so if you don´t like it just stick with my first ide, or don´t.
PS
Do you watch LEXX? The TV serie. The realy great one. The ruler of series.
-------------------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made with Macintosh"

That idea about moving jump points is interesting, but I'm still not clear on it.

If you jump to a point where there was no longer a system, would you find yourself in the middle of nowhere? Would there be a possibility of enountering other ships in the middle of nowhere, or actually arriving in a different system?

What would the probability be for? Could you set systems to have a tendency to move in one direction, or in a certain path?

Would jump point move continuiously, or would they have a probability of moving everytime you jump?

Finally, I wonder if there could be some problems with political boundries; could Sol drift into Voinian space! Maybe systems could be "tethered", so they could only drift some distance from their assigned point.

It's a cool idea, though.

Sorry, I wasn't making myself very clear at all.

What I had in mind is probably better described as "wandering hyperspace links".

The idea isn't that the systems move about, but the links between them move. For instance, suppose System A links to B, C and D. It might happen that after a while System A instead links to C, D and E. (This is good news if you wanted to go to E, bad news if you wanted to go to B.)

This way, you'd never be 100% sure that the route you have in mind will get you to where you want. A route that worked a month ago (in game time) might have changed. It might have changed in a way that you like, it might change in a way that you don't like.

If we had wandering hyperspace links, we'd always be a little bit like we were at the beginning of the game: never quite sure what's coming. We'd always be exploring.

Even though the links are wandering at random, there would have to be limits. Obviously, each system would always have to have one link open for normal gameplay.

(Come to think of it though, you could have some really funky storylines if systems could go to and from having zero links. It would be as if the systems appear and disappear. Don't know what you'd do if you found yourself in a system just before it loses its only link though!)

Egh...randomly moving jump routes sound like a really bad idea. I personally don't think it would add to the exploration aspect as much as it would add to the frustration aspect. Time-based mission types would be shot to hell. I could also see the possibility of people getting a lot of "quality fuel scoop time" in, after they end up stuck in a series of podunk system that the hyperlinks have dissappeared from.

Besides the frustration factor, what's the -real- impetus for wanting random moving paths? I thought EV jump-paths were like Star Wars hyperspace routes...just clear paths to the next system, a path sans stars and other large objects. I've used system flags to simulate mining/obstruction of jump paths in a couple of test scenarios that I've made, but I just don't see a reason for random ones. For me, at least, it would actually -cut down- on the feeling of exploration, since I'd feel that I'm not accomplishing a damn thing. So...I've found a new system. huzzah, I wonder if I'll be able to get to it by the time I get back to Sol.

Uh...sorry, I went off there a bit.
Izuna

------------------

what is the estimated time till 1.0.2 comes out?

------------------

I think that it would be better to have maybe just one of the routes out of a system randomly link to a different system (within a certain distance of course) instead of all of the links. There could be a special flag to specify whether it randomizes or not, and how far away the system it links to can be.

So what do you think about my idea? Like having a kind of jump-gate, constuktion that you fly into and then you jump through it. Instead of just plain jumping. Ofcourse there could be different classes of jump-gates, one that could take you like 3 jumps at a time or just plain one. Or it could be like you mark a route on the map and when you jump through the jump-gate you get to the final point. There is one more option too, either it could make the jump-gate provide the energy to make the jump or, the fuel supply could suply the energy. So, what do you think? Oh, another idea! If the jump-gate is/gets damaged it would either take you only one system away or take you to a random system. I think that would be cool.
-------------------------------------

Not all that great an idea, Shadow; I've seen better and more useful ones.

A small request anyway - make the AI so it can use 2 types of primary weapons at once.

------------------
"Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

I didn´t say it was an great idea, just a cool one. Could you please explain why you don´t like the idea. It is kind of boring to get a comment that just say "good/bad idea" and don´t explain why.
---------------------------------------