More on the EV Community

Yes, I think that I must bring this up, even though it's been talked about. Lately I've seen a great many newbies join these boards, most of whom are detrimental to the boards' atmosphere. (No offense to the smart ones.) Why is it that these people feel that they must insult everyone around them, respond to every criticism with a thourough cursing, and start a flamefest with every post? I won't make any comments about their intelligence, social lives, or lack thereof, since I don't know them. I will make an appeal to the oldies and the intelligent people on this board: do not waste your time and energy on them. Respond to them as Ankh Starrunner did to that malicious Windows user a while back, and take their insults as I do: mostly ignore them. In addition, I ask that you not call someone an idiot unless it's really necessary, and withhold your flames most of the time. Let's try and make these boards into some kind of community, shall we?

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

Obormot wrote:
**Yes, I think that I must bring this up, even though it's been talked about. Lately I've seen a great many newbies join these boards, most of whom are detrimental to the boards' atmosphere. (No offense to the smart ones.) Why is it that these people feel that they must insult everyone around them, respond to every criticism with a thourough cursing, and start a flamefest with every post? I won't make any comments about their intelligence, social lives, or lack thereof, since I don't know them. I will make an appeal to the oldies and the intelligent people on this board: do not waste your time and energy on them. Respond to them as Ankh Starrunner did to that malicious Windows user a while back, and take their insults as I do: mostly ignore them. In addition, I ask that you not call someone an idiot unless it's really necessary, and withhold your flames most of the time. Let's try and make these boards into some kind of community, shall we?

I'm sort of a newbie. Does this refer to me?

------------------
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

JuddAS wrote:
I'm sort of a newbie. Does this refer to me?

Not if you're intelligent and act that way, which it seems to me you are and you do.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345