acquiring special ships...

i have completed azdargi's central objective (thanks to some of your help. thanks!) but still don't have access to the azdargi warship, is this possible to get? and what about other versions of ships(the zachit, igraza, and azdargi ardaras)i mean, without capturing them.

------------------
if shrimp are so small, why are there jumbo shrimp, hmmmmmm...

Well, I really should say RTFM, but I'll explain it to you. Specialized Aradas, i.e. the Igadzra, Azdgari, Renegade, Merchant, Zachit variants, are not special ships. In other words, it's not like the gov't specially manufactures them. The deal is that every Azdgari warrior (Igadzra, renegade, Zacha) who buys an Arada outfits it a certain way and gets a paint job. So, for example, to get a Zachit Arada, buy the maneuverability upgrades, Pursuit missiles, and swivel phase cannons. Same goes (I think, I'm not sure) for the Azdgari Warship. Just get a Crescent Warship, sell your secondary weapons and get an Azdara bay.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

Aside from that the first guy to respond took that straight from an EVO guide (for all I know he copied and pasted it), the only Adzgari ship you can purschase from them is the Azdara. I can't say I blame them, the Adzgari Warship blows except for the Azdara bay, although it's too damn big and you can't sell it once you buy it.

For the Zidagar, you can't purchase the fighter, just the Zidara.
For the Igazdra, you can only purchase the Igazra.

For my money, do the Voinian missions and get an Igazra. Upgrade the armour and all the speed systems.

------------------
One cannot walk down an avenue, converse with a friend, enter a building, browse beneath the sandstone arches of old towns without meeting with an instrument of time.

Time is visible in all places.

Clock towers, wristwatches, church bells divide years into months, months into days, days into hours, hours into seconds, each increment of time marching after the other in perfect succession. And beyond any particular clock, a vast scaffold of time, stretching across the universe, lays down the law of time equally for all.

In this world, a second is a second is a second.

Time moves forward with unwavering regularity.

Time is an infinite ruler.

Time is absolute.

Heh, straight from the EVO documentation by Peter Cartwright:

"NB: In the Crescent you will regularly see many of what I call 'variant ships', such as Igadzra Aradas, Zachit Fighters, Azdgari Warships, etc. Please try not to be annoyed that you are not able to purchase these vessels. The idea is not that, for example, the Igadzra Arada is a special vessel kept solely for use by them; it represents that every Igadzra who has an Arada will upgrade it in some way, and add weapons and so on. The Igadzra Arada is the average such vessel - the way most Igadzra will end up equipping their ships. If you want an Igadzra Arada, you must buy an Arada and add a search and destroy module launcher, front and rear swivel phasers, etc. The same applies to all other variants, including Emalgha warships."

------------------
"Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

forge wrote:
**Aside from that the first guy to respond took that straight from an EVO guide (for all I know he copied and pasted it)

Absolutely not! 😛 As you see, I paraphrased it.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

Well,
you don´t have to buy an Arada and outfit it like the what ever Arada you liked, then you wouldn´t get the great paintwork, capture one! They won´t be so upset by one vessel. Just kill some of their enemies and it will be like it never happen!
So go on, capture one.
-------------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made with Macintosh"

------------------

BTW, why you would want to purchase a "variant" ship is beyond me. Anybody could come up with a better outfitted ship to suit their purposes.

------------------
One cannot walk down an avenue, converse with a friend, enter a building, browse beneath the sandstone arches of old towns without meeting with an instrument of time.

Time is visible in all places.

Clock towers, wristwatches, church bells divide years into months, months into days, days into hours, hours into seconds, each increment of time marching after the other in perfect succession. And beyond any particular clock, a vast scaffold of time, stretching across the universe, lays down the law of time equally for all.

In this world, a second is a second is a second.

Time moves forward with unwavering regularity.

Time is an infinite ruler.

Time is absolute.

Wait - the EVO 3D files just came out. If anyone has Infini-D or a compatible program, I'll make a plugin that enables one to purchase these ships with full graphics. Any volunteers?

------------------
"Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

just thought the colors were cool, and wondered if you could do it any other way besides capurting, which i know if easy to do, but thanks.

------------------
if shrimp are so small, why are there jumbo shrimp, hmmmmmm...

ColdFusion wrote:
**Wait - the EVO 3D files just came out. If anyone has Infini-D or a compatible program, I'll make a plugin that enables one to purchase these ships with full graphics. Any volunteers?

You don't need those to make one. Just make the ship's tech level fit. Duh. 😉

------------------
-Shade

"Cannibals are people to."

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

ShadeOfBlue wrote:
You don't need those to make one. Just make the ship's tech level fit. Duh.;)

Er, to make the dësc PICTs

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

"Man who stand on toilet is high on pot."

Andrew M wrote:
**Er, to make the dësc PICTs

Oh, that's right. shoves foot into mouth, finds it tasty

------------------
-Shade

"Scorpion petting zoo-
Innovative concepts in exposing city kids to nature."
-Gary Larson

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

I've already got a plugin to make the Zidagar fighter available; the graphics are in the game itself. Since no one seems to have volunteered, it looks like I'll have to dig out my copy of the Infini-d 3.0 demo and render 'em myself

------------------
- Groucho Marx