New error report

This one is really frustrating.
Info: Mac G3 OS 9.1

Error: I had been playing a new game of POG, was doing the road kill mission and I stupidly let myself die. No problem, I had been saving right along and had just saved prior to my characters death. Went to reload the saved game, and nothing was there! The entire file has dissapeared. Other saved games still exist in the saved game folder but this latest one is not to be found anywhere. Grrrrr.

Did a search for the file and nothing. Looked in all the folders, still nothing. oh well, guess I'll just have to start over. Really frustrating as this was my best game yet. The character was well equiped and had lots of potions to get through the early missions.

I know it is still early in the development of this game but I am looking forward to an updated version of the game that eliminates many of the more common problems that players have been reporting. Still, I enjoy the game and think my money was well spent. Keep up the good work people and I am looking forward to more games from all of you folks at Ambrosia.

------------------
CRH

Originally posted by ChristopherH:
**This one is really frustrating.
Info: Mac G3 OS 9.1

Error: I had been playing a new game of POG, was doing the road kill mission and I stupidly let myself die. No problem, I had been saving right along and had just saved prior to my characters death. Went to reload the saved game, and nothing was there! The entire file has dissapeared. Other saved games still exist in the saved game folder but this latest one is not to be found anywhere. Grrrrr.

Did a search for the file and nothing. Looked in all the folders, still nothing. oh well, guess I'll just have to start over. Really frustrating as this was my best game yet. The character was well equiped and had lots of potions to get through the early missions.

I know it is still early in the development of this game but I am looking forward to an updated version of the game that eliminates many of the more common problems that players have been reporting. Still, I enjoy the game and think my money was well spent. Keep up the good work people and I am looking forward to more games from all of you folks at Ambrosia.

Glad you are enjoying PoG, despite your obviously frustrating problem. Has this ever happened again?

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Originally posted by David Dunham:
**Glad you are enjoying PoG, despite your obviously frustrating problem. Has this ever happened again?

Only this once, thankfully. I understand your need for asking however, since in my work, I also need verification of errors happening more than once, otherwise I tend to suspect operator error. If it does repeat, I'll let you know ASAP.

Meanwhile, I am still having fun playing this game after several weeks. Also patiently waitng for the CD to arrive so I can download the game onto my powerbook which is not hooked up to the net. Thanks again for your concern with my problem.

------------------
CRH

Originally posted by ChristopherH:
**Only this once, thankfully. I understand your need for asking however, since in my work, I also need verification of errors happening more than once, otherwise I tend to suspect operator error. If it does repeat, I'll let you know ASAP.

Meanwhile, I am still having fun playing this game after several weeks. Also patiently waitng for the CD to arrive so I can download the game onto my powerbook which is not hooked up to the net. Thanks again for your concern with my problem.

You're welcome. Thanks for your patience regarding the CD. We found some issues in the 1.0.0 version, and want to have them fixed before we press the CDs. We hope to have them available shortly.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.