EXPERIENCED PLUG MAKERS...

Yeah, I'm making a EV-total conversion plug at the moment and i would really like to know how i make the special cargo types, such as the normal ones (food,industrial,etc) and other special ones like (marines,prisoners,refugees, illegal weapons,smuggled goods) That type of thing.

I know (almost know) may way around Res-Edit, and EV-edit is a sinch, can you help me with this?????

dude5432

😕 😕

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Jt

dude5432 wrote:
**Yeah, I'm making a EV-total conversion plug at the moment and i would really like to know how i make the special cargo types, such as the normal ones (food,industrial,etc) and other special ones like (marines,prisoners,refugees, illegal weapons,smuggled goods) That type of thing.

I know (almost know) may way around Res-Edit, and EV-edit is a sinch, can you help me with this?????

I think you can do that in Shemelta-V...

------------------
~ThE kWaNzA mAn~
"Thou shalt not mess with the fury of KwAnZa!"

What you need, dude5432, if you don't have it already, is the EVO Bible, annotated edition. It's better than the EVO Bible regular edition because it explains where to find things like the mission-only cargo names. I'm not sure exactly where you can find it on the web. It's on WickedDyno's (formerly Lord of the Lemmings) web page, but I'm not sure where that is. It may also be in the archives somewhere. If not, I can e-mail it to you, if you want. Anyway, in the section describing the STR# resources it says that resource 4000 is,

"The standard list of Cargotypes. The first 6 are the standard trade commoditites, and the rest are mission-only cargo. These should be capitalized."

I hope this helps.

Bubbles

(This message has been edited by Bubbles (edited 03-27-2000).)

Bubbles wrote:
**What you need, dude5432, if you don't have it already, is the EVO Bible, annotated edition....

Ditto to all that. The EVO Bible Annotated Edition is available here on the Ambrosia EVO site: go to the main EVO page and follow the link to 'Add-Ons.'

Another extremely useful document to have is "EV Objects Formulas" also available on this site. It explains exactly the relation of various resources such as strs, descs, picts, etc., to outfits, ships, missions, and others - including instructions on how to create new cargo types. Also includes formulas for calculating ID numbers, but that is more easily done with Pontus Ilbring's "EV Formula Calc"; "Objects Formulas" is well worth having for the explanations, even if you never use the formulas.

------------------

Thanks guys, your help has been really appreciated.

dude5432

------------------
Jt