Hi all!

Hello all,

I'm new to the board but definately not to EV. Kinda new To EVO. Anyway, I
have been reading all of your posts for some time back, and what is everybody's
problem. I own a PC. I'm typing on it right now. The only time I can play
EVO is at school in my free periods and after school. I like my PC. I like
the iMacs at my school. I think that all this screaming about Mac being better or PC's being better is silly. Only being able to play 1-2 hours of EVO a day
and only on weekdays makes it more of something to savor, like chocalate. And
If we all know that if you have too much chocalate you don't like it anymore.

Anyway, i have some ?'s about EVO... Don't call me dumb cause I don't know 'em.
(Unfortunately the school's copy of EVO isn't exactly registered). Where do I
get the Miranu nebula missions? I have a Lazira, lotta cash, etc. How bout
the Azdargi missions? (I want an azdara).

Talk to ya'll lata.

------------------
So what if they say I'm a dumb loser? I can beat the snot out of 'em at C&C;: TS...
(url="http://"mailto:schilla_99@yahoo.com")mailto:schilla_99@yahoo.com(/url)schilla_99@yahoo.com

Also (sorry to reply to my own post), I wondered how you get the south tip renegade missions.
Whatever,
EAS

------------------
So what if they say I'm a stupid loser? I can beat the snot out of 'em at C&C;: TS...
(url="http://"mailto:Schilla_99@yahoo.com")mailto:Schilla_99@yahoo.com(/url)Schilla_99@yahoo.com

First lesson:
To get attention, and not flamed, don't bring up PC vs Mac debate. If anything say you are pro-mac....

BTW: It was more or less about Mac vs Windows....

To answer the Azdgari question, first do the miranu diplomacy mission (where you goto earth to deliver a message... first mission with Miranu...)
After that goto the South Tip Station and talk with the stranded Azdgari in the bar... that'll start you

Azdgari are the best overall strand IMHO. The missions are great and so are the ships...
Why the hell does anyone like the Zidagar??? Any pro-zid people here wanna explain their good points???

------------------
596F7520686176652057415920746F206D7563682074696D65206F6E20796F75722068616E64732E2E2E

The only good thing i found bout the Iggies (from prior experience) is the plasma siphon. That with some turrets and a miranu tractor beam, i can take down anything... Oh well.
Thx for the info, sorry bout the mac-windows thing, and ditto on the Zid-who thing. And why do their beams always shoot the opposite way that they are supposed to. What stupid ships.

------------------
So what if they say I'm a stupid loser? I can beat the snot out of 'em at C&C;: TS...
(url="http://"mailto:Schilla_99@yahoo.com")mailto:Schilla_99@yahoo.com(/url)Schilla_99@yahoo.com

Esvaem6 wrote:
**And why do their beams always shoot the opposite way that they are supposed to. What stupid ships.

I agree, they look very goofy. It is just a bug in programming that should disappear with upgrades.

------------------
In the end, the Confederation will win, for the moronic AI helps their superiorly shielded ships.

Well, there are two things I like about the Zidagar: One is the goodies, I like the ECM system, and the miniaturization. The Zidara is just great though, it manuevers like a Zachit Arada, and turns faster than any ship in its class. At least, if you give it upgrades, it does. And you'll still have plenty of space left over for other things. It's like a super Arada, only with fighters and beams. If you have a plug-in to fix them, the beams are great. They let you take down ships more powerful than yourself before they can blow you out of the water.

------------------

They let you take down ships more powerful than yourself before they can blow you out of the water.

Too bad EVO takes place in space.

I like the ECM system...turns faster than any ship in its class. At least, if you give it upgrades, it does.

But you can upgrade other ships in its class too... and you can get ECM for any ship. (I think)

And BTW, I consider most plugs as cheating. 🙂

------------------

Zidagar have their own special, highly effective ECM system.

The beam fix plugin fixes a minor bug in EVO - the phased beamer worked properly in EVO 1.0.0. Hardly cheating, would you say?

------------------
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
-Gen. Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

well, the water expression was figurative, and when you consider that EVO is two dimensional, not so objectionable. Well, I don't think it's cheating to make the beam face forward, as it should. And even without the beams, it can be a very good ship because the high turning speed makes it an ideal platform for dispy rockets. But the main point is the balance of the ship. It's a matter of personal preference, but I like having what is essentially 2/3 of a Crescent Warship in weapons and shields with about a 1/3 increase in speed. Azdara's are fun, but very limiting. I fly them sometimes, but the low shields and 1 ton of cargo room meant I couldn't do many missions. Ship choice is a matter of personal preference, but I like the balance of the Zidara.

------------------

My bad, sorry i dissed the zidara, yadayadayada, i just like the other ships more. Nice analogy w/ the water, didn't get it because i am massively tired 2day.

EAS.

------------------