What happened with Nova?

Hey there. By now, you're probably an oldie if you remember me.

So anyway, I remember the Nova team had set a cutoff date, and while I don't remember when that is, it seems like it would be past by now. What happened? Did they release what they had, or are they still plugging away?

I thought I saw Pipeline's name in a quick skim of the board, so he's still around, at least. 8O)
-Rball

Ahhh, fetch me my cane, sonny boy, I see a fellow oldie and I want to hobble over and say hello. 😉

Heya Ryan. Say, aren't I still expecting an email back about something about Photoshop...?

Yeah, they're still "plugging" :rolleyes: away. Pipeline's a regular, somewhat.

Ah, BTW your site can't be found, redrival give me a 404.

------------------

Hey Rball... where have you been?

Anyways NOVA has taken longer than planned, but ATMOS says they are almost done...

EVO 1.0.2 will be out before long.. rumor is the engine may come WITH NOVA... meaning EV"3"

-SovietMike

Dont these new boards suck? Blah...

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

Wow! Where've you been since.....well.....ummm.....how long has it been anyways?

------------------
Micah L , (url="http://"mailto:mjlanier@home.com")mailto:mjlanier@home.com(/url)mjlanier@home.com

Hey, Ryan, nice to see ya.
Remember me? 🙂

------------------

Ryan Ballantyne wrote:
**Hey there. By now, you're probably an oldie if you remember me.

So anyway, I remember the Nova team had set a cutoff date, and while I don't remember when that is, it seems like it would be past by now. What happened? Did they release what they had, or are they still plugging away?

I thought I saw Pipeline's name in a quick skim of the board, so he's still around, at least. 8O)
-Rball**

We have finished 2of6 storylines entered into the game (the others are finished, just not 'missionalised' (which is the hard bit). The universe IS complete (in beta testing for problems, spelling errors, etc). We are going to be looking at releasing the first version of the 'free' game version (which will be 'mission-crippled'. Not all missions will be in it, for the lot, register... you know the drill, and that should be in the next few days). As for the rest of the storylines, figure on 2 months for my two (it feels good to have completed 2 of the 4 storylines I'm responsible for), as for the other two, I'm hassling pipeline and 'mad irishman', and we'll see where that gets us.

That's it in a nutshell. I hope it answers your questions...

------------------

Hey Rball... where have you been? Anyways NOVA has taken longer than planned, but ATMOS says they are almost done... EVO 1.0.2 will be out before long.. rumor is the engine may come WITH NOVA... meaning EV"3"

OK, forgive me here, I have nooooo idea what you're talking about-- by saying the "engine" do you mean how the game works, like changes to that, or will the update include this Nova plugin......if so, does it do anything incredible to the gameplay?

The EV 1.0.6 engine came with Override, which was just called EVO 1.0.0

So maybe the EVO 1.0.2 may come with NOVA.. .understand?
Thats a maybe....

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

Monkey sorry.
Never heard of such huge changes on 3 decimal updates. 2.0, sure, but 1.0.2? That's like a bug fix for other programs.
what do I know 🙂

Thanks for the answers, guys...

As to where I've been: busy! I thought when I left school that I would have gobs of time, but instead the exact opposite has happened: there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do! I have a stack of library books on my desk that measures nigh onto a mile, and I'm always checking out more. I'm writing a story I hope to have published, I'm undertaking the design of a huge personal website (that I've been wanting to design for at least a year now, but never got around to it because of school). I'm learning IC (integrated circuit) design, and hopefully I'll soon be able to implement some awesome gadgets that have been sitting in my mind for a while.

In short: I've been busy doing anything and everything, and suddenly a discussion board about a game didn't seem all that vital to my life. I never made a concious decision to quit visiting, I just woke up one day and realized that I hadn't visited the EVO board in ages, and also that I didn't care.

Oh, and Weepul: Still using Bryce? Pity about MC, eh? I wonder who'll buy it (Bryce), if anyone does at all. I did promise to mail you Kai's Power Tips, but it turns out they're 6 meg and I can't through hotmail. Got any other ideas? I may end up uploading them to my web site, if you still want them.

That's it...
-Rball

Rball, Weepul's using Infini-D, and check out (url="http://"http://www.metacreations.com")www.MetaCreations.com(/url), that oughta set you straight. 😃 BTW, I remember you, therefore I must be an oldie. 😃

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

"To our valued customers, shareholders, distributors and followers,
As you may have heard in recent days, MetaCreations Corporation is entering a new era. With a single strategic objective, the Company will focus on e-commerce
visualization solutions for the World Wide Web. This refined emphasis will center on the Company's patented, award-winning MetaStream technology, the streaming 3D file
format that enables virtually any Web user to interact with 3D objects in real-time via the Internet.

As with any new major business initiative, this enhanced emphasis on e-commerce visualization solutions means we must change the way our business operates today. To
that end, our intention is to divest the products that do not directly correspond to this strategic goal. However, please be assured that the Company plans to continue
supporting its existing software.

MetaCreations Corporation expects to continue the development and technical support as the products are divested, and to aid in the transition period when the time of
divestiture arrives. Further, we expect that any acquirer of MetaCreations graphics products will continue to enhance and support these products going forward. The
company will provide an orderly transition of expertise, knowledge and development to ensure that ongoing enhancements and support are continued.

We invite you to join us in ushering in a new age for MetaCreations as we build upon the unprecedented success of the MetaStream technology. We thank you sincerely for
your interest and support in the past, and in the new future that lies ahead." -From mc.com press releases

Set me straight? MetaCreations went to hell just prior to Christmas '99. The company no longer makes the awesomest affordable graphics packages in the world, and are now just another web company.

So...Too bad about MC, eh?
-Rball