RES Edit

Is EVO suppose to look like jargon when I open it up in RESedit. I can see the resources and stuff,
but I am lost as to where each flag in teh code is. And the EVO Bible doesn't help. Does anybody
know how to pick out what line of code is for what field in the resource? Any help on basic
coding is appreciated.

------------------
-IondriveX

LOL! You need the templates which came with the EVO bible!

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

Andrew M, don't taunt the poor newbie.

Andrew M is right - you need to have the EVO ResEdit template file open at the same time to edit resources; you'll find it in the same folder as the EVO Bible. And by the way, it's ResEdit, not RESedit. Learn the jargon before you start hacking with plugins.

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I try, I really do. Thanks for your help. I just bought the game, and being able to edit it sounds like too
much fun.

------------------
-IondriveX

I am not trying to sound stupid, but I opened the template, and I get what it is for. At the moment though, I am just trying to change my pilot file. I accepted the Zidagar missions accidentally, while I was looking for the Azdgari missions. The only Strands missions I haven't done yet are the Azdgari missions, and I don't want to start over. How can I edit my pilot file to delete my mistake. And I finished the Zidagar mission too, which happens when you aren't really payign attention. Anyway, thanks for your help.

------------------
-IondriveX

Hmm you can't edit pilot files - no templates available. I suppose I could make a plugin that fixed your little problem if you asked nicely

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

That would be awefully nice. But how would you do it? Rewrite the mďsn file? When you make a plug to edit the game, does it replace an existing file in the game. I guess so. Thanks.

------------------
-IondriveX