Good Plugs: Uncle Sam wants YOUR opinion!

There are alot of plugs out there, for EV and EVO Alike. My question is, what do all you people out in EV's internet corner think? Please, try to include all your opinions. There are plenty of plugs out there that aren't total conversions, but well, darn good. I do hope in the near future there will be some official plug-in rating system, but for now, I think most people would be satisfied to voice and hear others' opinions. Please take into account the plugins' plot, graphics, sound (if any) etc. Remember, try to be polite, but these ARE opinions, so feel free to flame a plug you don't like... I am about to (in a friendly way) 😉

Anyway, my least favorite plug is New Horizens. The plot, story, and missions are fair, and thats the important part. The problem is, its huge when it doesn't have to be. It is packed with tons of Bryce-made planetary pics, and some of them are still in millions of colors, completely uncompressed. Secondly, most of the graphics just...well...plain suck 😄 Yep. I am probably going to be getting alot of death threats etc., for saying that! My apologies in advance!

Now, my opinion on the good plugs.

My hands down favorite plug is Pale. Sure, its no total conversion, but its good. The graphics are great, and there are an enormous amout of missions everywhere. I am sure we've all gone on warping routes and doing nothing but landing, going to the bar, and leaving if nothing shows up. Well, that never happens in pale, there is always something new to do (well...until you finish all the missions). It has some creative missions, such as encoded ones in the mission computer etc. You even get to smuggle wood into tabletop...hehe. I just really like Pale for some reaons...I'm sure others may disagree, however.

Other plugins I am sure will get lots of praise will be anything to do with E3 (Frozen Heart, FF, etc), various Star Wars things, total conversions and the like. Just 1 last opinion I'd like to voice, while Frozen heart is an excellent plugin, its pretty static. Maybe I just wasn't playing it right, but it seems to just have 1 plotline that DOES branch, but still. I prefer a plug where I am on my own and every planet offers a new oppertunity, and a completely new plot.

Yep, I can feel those death threats coming in already...anyway, I'd love to hear everyone's opinion about what plugs THEY like (so maybe I know which ones I haven't tried I should try 😉 ). Amen!

------------------
--
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Anything that has to do with the E3 universe. =D

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

Yeah, Pale is the one of the finest plugins ever made. It combines the interactive-novel style of Frozen Heart with the typical point-and-blast war scenario - the ultimate compromise for a plugin.

For EVO, the best plug, hands down, is Frozen Heart. Wonderful story, innovative use of the game engine, and lots of interesting characters.

Actually, there was supposed to be an "official" plugin review page, but nothing ever came of it - it just said "Reviews: Coming soon!" for years. Maybe Andrew Welch will start an official review page.

CF

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Yep, E3 IS good, and as soon as ol Turner gets that development pack out for E3, my hunger for a slightly less static plot will hopefully be satisfied 😄

------------------
--
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda