Graphix

if you have read my other message you'll already know that i have started a new total conversion plug. I'm about an 1/8 they way threw.

It the moment i need help with the graphix. I'm not excatly 100% on a 3D program, if you are and you would like to help give me an email. I've designed (on paper) a few ships (about 14) and if you can put them on a 3D program email me!

thanx people

------------------
Jt

Umm and how many plugs have you made before??

What are you using ResEdit... please dont let it be EV-Edit.

You do realize a good quality plug beats any "insanely massive and stupidily boring" plug any day. If you are only doing 14 ships... how the heck is that a total rewrite?

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

I might be able to do one or two IF they are simple (I'm not that good myself)

mikee J- what's wrong with EV-Edit?

Type11---the oldies seem to still think that EV Edit is a horrible monster in disguise that eats up plugins; I've been making a plugin (with premade graphix, I have NO time to do that 🙂 ) and done some Override Data editing with only one "problem" (I increased the freight courier's weapons space by 10 tons; when I reopened the game I had 26,000 tons of free space. Fun 🙂 )
The older versions of EV-Edit (the 2.x versions and the first 3.0 version) did have tendencies to screw up stuff, but the most recent version is THE easiest, fastest and most user-friendly way to make a plugin. I'll never do a plugin with ResEdit. Just back up your plugin/data before you reopen it to make changes in case something gets screwed by your own hand and its all OK.

dude---I'm pretty handy with Strata Vision3D and have a superspiffwaffle new program. If you can send me some drawings (so I can at least see all of the lines; maybe pen outline?) I can probably model them; the trend for the EV models is just little round objects and some extrusions--nuthin too complicated. Besides, you can't see too many details in 256 colors and at the size of a Mac OS X icon 🙂
I don't have much time these days with all these stupidass assignments. (I have to to a 20 PAGE report and take notes on note cards (uggh) using ONE FACT PER CARD. Agggggggggh) But I'll give it a shot 🙂
In case my email doesn't show up on here it's webzen@mailandnews.com

------------------

I personally consider EV-Edit to be, well, just too easy. I prefer to do most with ResEdit which is already easy enough. Missions being the hardest part, can be done easily with Schmelta-V (yes, it will work with EVO with a few Data File modifications), and to place systems, I just use Pontus's Developer's Map. Anything besides those can be done very easily with ResEdit.

------------------
Micah L , (url="http://"mailto:mjlanier@home.com")mailto:mjlanier@home.com(/url)mjlanier@home.com

I used to be a real EV-Edit fan - but EV-Edit is just too clunky. Weird things happen at random, and PICT ID#'s get bizarrely screwed up. It's useful for:

• Systems

• Governments

• Missions - at least until misnedit comes out

Otherwise, I now avoid it like the plague.

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Where's the webpage for misnedit?

I actually don't know - ask Pipeline on the developer's board. It should be coming out someday. . .

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Sorry to let Res-edit fans down, i am using EV-edit. I think its really cool, and to put it bluntly i couldn't be bothered entering in all the numbers and crap into res edit. If you really think i should use res edit maybe you can give me some tips on it.

I'm not just having 14 ships, thats all i've designed on paper.

i appritiate your input (The bloodhound gang)

------------------
Jt