A plugin I'm trying to start on--

Scroo dis.
Mo betta stuff at de bottem, mon.

(This message has been edited by Mister Spiffus (edited 02-24-2000).)

1. Damn you for not trashing EV-Edit with your plugins. EV-Edit is a mess that eats plugins alive and is cumbersome and unwieldy. Use ResEdit, the EVO Bible, and Pontus Ilbring's EV Formula Calc - contact blackhole, the moderator of the developer's board here to get these utilties.

2. EV-Edit doesn't support the Edit menu with graphics. Don't ask me why. You have to copy the spin graphics into a graphics program - Photoshop, Claris/AppleWorks, anything that can export PICT files. Save them as picts, then import them into (gasp! shudder! choke!) EV-Edit.

3. To move all the sprites into a single plugin, use ResEdit. Open your plugin and a new blank plugin. Copy the PICT resources and the spin resources into the blank plugin. Save and quit.

4. If you want to make a plugin, ask around on the EV Developer's board for help - look at the menu at the bottom of the page. There, legendary developers like Onyx, Pipeline, and Martin Turner will be glad to help you with any problem you may have.

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

ColdFusion wrote:
1. Damn you for not trashing EV-Edit with your plugins. EV-Edit is a mess that eats plugins alive and is cumbersome and unwieldy. Use ResEdit, the EVO Bible, and Pontus Ilbring's EV Formula Calc - contact blackhole, the moderator of the developer's board here to get these utilties.

Thanks everyone

------------------

OK, I have all the sprites in order.
Due to time constraints day to day, I really don't want to bother with ResEdit and that crap--the most recent version of EV-Edit works fine for me. As soon as I have all the ships defined and the associated fighter bays set up, I'll consider that a beta. If anyone wants to be a tester email me at webzen@mailandnews.com
I won't develop weapons until I have all of the ships in working order.